inTank Media Baskets

Party at my place--BYOD-Bring your own Dremel!

mvite

I've been fraggin' away!

I made some GSP and some green encrusting gorgs as well as carving up the acans!

From afar it looks great---up close---notsomuch! I was a little rusty with my new Dremel....

photo-2.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

B) mvite has a tub full o frags again.

...and now all seems right with the world- meh , well...the NR world at least. :happy:

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I have been having a blast getting all wet in the arms.

I think this is a green encrusting gorgonian--but I'm not sure. Help me out if you know.

2010_0118newcam0019.jpg

I believe these are some Purple Deaths---I didn't know that Susan was hooking me up with these!

2010_0118newcam0008.jpg

And here are those acans---all little pieces now!

2010_0118newcam0022.jpg

2010_0118newcam0020.jpg

I am having a bit of an algae or diatom bloom. I just decreased the light period and did a water change with the hopes that it will take care of it.

I have to get me a clean up crew next.

When will you start selling?

That's a good question.

I like tinkering like I am right now--and that usually leads to quantities of frags.

Because I am a fragman, I am usually not allowed to peddle my wares on forums. I will probably go back to the ebay route--just listing things occasionally. I'm headed on vacation with the fam next week so I will probably list my "first" corals on ebay some time in mid-August.

I don't think I'm going to have that much to sell. It's been like water gardening for me.

I've recently sold my entire snake collection....lol.....So now I am looking for something else to do. I am considering some sort of freshwater fish room where I can breed all different kinds of FW fish. I'm just not sure though.

Those look like the encrusting gorg I have

Hey thanks! I love the green color--it really pops!

I still have AA listed as one of my fav e-bay sellers! ;)

Hey.... How about getiin' a pair of clowns and breeding them? Clowns are still popular, especially the designer ones!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I have been having a blast getting all wet in the arms.

I think this is a green encrusting gorgonian--but I'm not sure. Help me out if you know.

2010_0118newcam0019.jpg

I believe these are some Purple Deaths---I didn't know that Susan was hooking me up with these!

2010_0118newcam0008.jpg

And here are those acans---all little pieces now!

2010_0118newcam0022.jpg

2010_0118newcam0020.jpg

I am having a bit of an algae or diatom bloom. I just decreased the light period and did a water change with the hopes that it will take care of it.

I have to get me a clean up crew next.

Awww, my babies! :wub:

Yep, that's Green Encrusting Gorg.

If you wanna breed mollies or platys, you don't even have to do anything.. just get a handful of them and you'll have 100 in no time :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks!

I just got back from vacation and am getting the "old 1-2 punch" of red slime and green hair algae! YAHOO! :D

I think I need to get my refugium figured out right away. I have been procrastinating because I have to figure out a way to keep the macro from getting into my skimma. I will have to figure something out.

Many of my frags look like crap right now. I think I'm going to sell some of the good looking ones right away. If I can remember how to list on ebay they will be up tonight!

Hey.... How about getiin' a pair of clowns and breeding them? Clowns are still popular, especially the designer ones!

That's a great idea---and has just moved to the top of the list!

I just got done using a soft bristled toothbrush to remove some of the algae and everything looks better. Phew!

So it was mostly the algae making things look bad?

How's the color on the corals themselves?

We need pics man!!!

So it was mostly the algae making things look bad?

How's the color on the corals themselves?

We need pics man!!!

It was just the fuzziness of the algae that was making them look bad. The corals themselves look great. Some of the green gorg was getting fuzzed over with algae but it still encrusted the frag plug below. I'm pretty amazed at some of the growth in this short of a time.

I just attempted to list some stuff on ebay and find myself generally disinterested with ebay. It's been so long...... Maybe I won't list tonight and will wait for a later date.

Y'know, if you post pics of sexy corals on here you might get PMs from some peeps wanting to buy... ;)

LOL--Maybe so!

Here are some candy canes and a torch that I was going to list!

2010_0201newcam0006.jpg

2010_0201newcam0009.jpg

2010_0201newcam0011.jpg

2010_0201newcam0014.jpg

2010_0201newcam0002.jpg

2010_0201newcam0007.jpg

Archived