Cultivated Reef

Biggest Reef Myths

akaMonkey

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually alot of people will tell you that it, sometimes, works out

so your myth isnt really much of a myth b/c alot of people will tell you that it is possible but not likely to happen

So......by definition, it is still a myth because most people tell you it cant be done. Am I just getting confused here?? :huh:

Tang

Myth: there are women on the internet.

:(

:lol:

MYTH: NR.com is full of mature, educated reefers

TRUTH: NR.com is full of prepubescent males with squeeky voices

mybuickskill6979
:lol:

MYTH: NR.com is full of mature, educated reefers

TRUTH: NR.com is full of prepubescent males with squeeky voices

that (voice cracks) totally offends me.lol :lol:

Clownfishcrazy1117
A lot of "my" myths are facts???? I never said what tank size buddy. I said it's a myth that two different clownfish cant be kept in the same aquarium. Only an idiot would put 2 diff clowns in a nano.

And yes, I have a Maroon and an Ocellaris in the same tank. They even hang on the same side, so dont tell me it cant be done when they've been doing it for 19 months. Heirarchy has a lot to do with it.

Tang

I have a maroon and ocellaris in the same 46 gallon tank. They are pretty much best friends and have been for 8 months.

sharks are the most aggressive fish in the tank...

don't triggers attack sharks?

Yeeeeeeeeeepsirooooooo.

ReefApprentice

Were the clowns added at the same time? If you had a maroon and added a ocellaris you would have a mangles ocellaris.

mandarin dragonet

"Turbo snails grow huge, use a different species"posted on my thread on RC.

The people there hate the idea of nano's

Sort of off topic but...

Myth - Being "bright" and somewhat booksmart, means you have great social skills, and more importantly...makes it okay to belittle people on the internet.

Were the clowns added at the same time? If you had a maroon and added a ocellaris you would have a mangles ocellaris.

Did you mean "mangled?"

Perhaps. Depends on the size of the ocellaris and if it had the host come with it. Clowns, no matter the size, will fight to the death to protect their host.

No, the Oce was first and the Maroon 18 months later. They were the same size when the Maroon was added, but now the Maroon is twice the size of the Oce and still leaves well enough alone.

Tang

Most of them are idiots. ;)

We need a beer toasting smiley here. :happy:

Tang

Sort of off topic but...

Myth - Being "bright" and somewhat booksmart, means you have great social skills, and more importantly...makes it okay to belittle people on the internet.

Ain't that the truth.

Glad Im very booksmart AND have great social skills...both allowing me to belittle people on the internet.

But I have several doctor colleagues who are lacking in the social skills department.

MD doesnt mean Mac Daddy

:haha::haha::haha:

Whatever happened to once bitten, twice shy?

And no, this isn't hero worship on my part :lol:

Clifford...I need something good for my Sig...NR removed it because it was innapropriate (or so they say). Personally I think someone complained because I have seen far more innapropriate things in sigs.

Clifford...I need something good for my Sig...NR removed it because it was innapropriate (or so they say). Personally I think someone complained because I have seen far more innapropriate things in sigs.

Whaat,they dont like the word CASTRATE.Iroic.

i'm a little shocked at that bit of moderating/editing. it does smack a bit of RCism imo.

i didn't think it was obscene. vulgarly funny, yes.

Ain't that the truth.

Glad Im very booksmart AND have great social skills...both allowing me to belittle people on the internet.

But I have several doctor colleagues who are lacking in the social skills department.

MD doesnt mean Mac Daddy

Soo true. Belittling people on the internet is the best thing EVARRrr! I can hardly wait to tell my colleagues, family and friends EVERYDAY how much of a rockstar I am on the internet! It is truly a blessing!

i'm a little shocked at that bit of moderating/editing. it does smack a bit of RCism imo.

i didn't think it was obscene. vulgarly funny, yes.

Hell...I didnt even think it was vulgar.

Castrate is a perfectly good word. Nothing wrong with it.

Like I said...I think someone complained...perhaps the person it was referencing. Or maybe the Coppersmiths union. ;)

Soo true. Belittling people on the internet is the best thing EVARRrr! I can hardly wait to tell my colleagues, family and friends EVERYDAY how much of a rockstar I am on the internet! It is truly a blessing!

You are such a weird guy. Must be a Texas thing...Koresh, Bush, Reco.

Nah, probably has more to do with living the majority of my life in NY. Some of US are just "special" I guess?

Dont lie. No one wants to admit theyre from Texas.

I just thought you had a new sig :lol:

Nope. Removed by The Man.

Archived