ReefCleaners.org

Sharbuckle 29/65 (Closed)

Sharbuckle

Okay.... I have access to some pretty sweet softies right now but have no room for them due to lots of euphyllia taking up the entire left side of my tank.

Do I

A: Sell all my euphyllia and fill this sucker with softies. Less maintenance, less worry.

B: Sell most of my euphyllia to make some room for a few choice gorgs and such.

C: Leave it as is and try to fill in the gaps with anthelia and shrooms.

Let me know what y'all think. :)

• Like 1

Hmm- that's a hard decision! Will you miss the euphyllia? If so I vote 2. If you don't think you will, my vote is the first!

See thats my dilemma..... Im not sure if ill miss them or not :(

I vote for option 3: bigger tank. Or, option 4: another tank. :D

Said the guy with three tanks and way too much maintenance work :blush:

Haha ive got a project on the go so I wont have time for another reef. Great suggestions though. I also adopted another husky. Between the one reef and two huskies. My time is precious lol

I say you drive across the border and ship the euphs to me. :)

I'm only an hour away from the border. Drive on up :)

• Like 3

I had thought about putting some xenia in my tank as well, perhaps as an isolated island on the dandbed to try and keep it from spreading. I had the purple anthelia. It looked fantastic waving in the current with a few occasional pulses. But then it grew. And grew. And GREW. Started shading other corals, they started receding, and it kept growing. And if it's on permanent rockwork in a nano, wow is it difficult to completely get rid of.

I think I would go with option B.

I say option 4. Frag some of your euphyllia so they are smaller and sell what left. Now you will have room for at least some of the softies. That way your tank should still be easier because smaller LPS use less cal and alk. I think you miss that soothing flowing tentacles in the current if you don't have any. Take it from someone who can not have euphyllia.

Or option 10. Go to the lfs see that torches are on sale and head home with two more euphyllia.... Guess im keeping them lol

Silly me.

Thanks for your advice gang :)

• Like 6

I say option 4. Frag some of your euphyllia so they are smaller and sell what left. Now you will have room for at least some of the softies. That way your tank should still be easier because smaller LPS use less cal and alk. I think you miss that soothing flowing tentacles in the current if you don't have any. Take it from someone who can not have euphyllia.

Gonna take your advice and frag a few Of the bigger pieces :)

• Like 1

thats a chunky frag of torch man! Great addition, love the way this tank is coming along

Gracias amigo. Im really happy with the way its turning out

That's a beauty! I love torches.

Me too! Last one didn't fare so well. Not sure why. Monitoring these ones closely. Also got two heads of candy apple red zoas today. So preeeetty.

• Like 1

Great video! I counted 5 fish. Is there more?

Thanks for watching :) Only the five. I want a million fish but dont want to do a million water changes.
  • Like 1

When you wake up with the full intention of skipping a water change because you're lazy as shit.

Afterwards, you do the water change and feel like you've accomplished something.

• Like 1

When you wake up with the full intention of skipping a water change because you're lazy as shit.

Afterwards, you do the water change and feel like you've accomplished something.

Lol, that's me all over. Except usually I don't actually do the water change. :lol:

• Like 1