inTank Media Baskets

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be considered regular?

I do love my gold torch, and now I want a neon green one, but I have no where to put it unless I ditch the elegance. Which is a huge possibility. I was actually thinking of getting rid of it today, but it didn't happen. I ADDED coral instead of getting rid of some lmao. Typical reefer problems.

Regular torch are usually $20 a head. I love my white tip torch.

What would be considered regular?

I do love my gold torch, and now I want a neon green one, but I have no where to put it unless I ditch the elegance. Which is a huge possibility. I was actually thinking of getting rid of it today, but it didn't happen. I ADDED coral instead of getting rid of some lmao. Typical reefer problems.

anything not gold or yellow =P.

How do you change the title of the thread?

20160213_233718-1_zpspp3l9tuf.jpg

Looks great!

To change the thread title, edit the very first post, then click on the "Use full editor" button. Then you can change to title.

Well, FedEx failed to deliver my package on time. Nothing more frustrating than having a tough day at school and having that one thing you have been looking forward to all day never happen. Its always a bummer when you get all excited for shipments of tank supplies and they show up late.

I really hope they deliver tomorrow. I was never a fedex person, always UPS..

Well that just happened.... I let the tank get dirty on purpose (within reason of course, everything is still healthy looking), I want to see if this skimmer will have a reasonable effect on the algae. Just a little experiment since this skimmer is rated for 75gal tanks. I have always over skimmed my tanks.

So far the skimmer is a bit noisy but that is to be expected since it is brand new. It really adds a lot of water movement in the rear chambers which is nice. And I still have room for the Micro Smart ATO in the third chamber which is coming in next week.

This thing already has a ton of skim mate already. I had to raise the skimmer cup up all the way. It means business. I expect this to be fully broken in within a week.

20160217_133822-1_zpse1cn7qmy.jpg

20160217_133802_zpsqcibs3vo.jpg

20160217_145215_zpslrltel8i.jpg20160217_142407_zps5uasca31.jpg

Wow, that's a big skimmer for the 10g lol. Will be following to see if you have any issues with the noise level. My tank is pretty bad. I have a air skimmer and just started nopox dosing this week.

I already have a plan to reduce the noise. It isn't the pump, its the amount of suction through the air tubing. However, this skimmer has a built in silencer for that and it does work. I just think with a few easy mods I can make it super silent lol..

It is a huge skimmer. For some reason I thought it would be smaller. Its okay though, when I upgrade this tank I can use this. I also have a Tunze 9002 which works good too, but thats an in sump skimmer.

Do you find your air pump loud?

Wow, that's a big skimmer for the 10g lol. Will be following to see if you have any issues with the noise level. My tank is pretty bad. I have a air skimmer and just started nopox dosing this week.

I already have a plan to reduce the noise. It isn't the pump, its the amount of suction through the air tubing. However, this skimmer has a built in silencer for that and it does work. I just think with a few easy mods I can make it super silent lol..

It is a huge skimmer. For some reason I thought it would be smaller. Its okay though, when I upgrade this tank I can use this. I also have a Tunze 9002 which works good too, but thats an in sump skimmer.

Do you find your air pump loud?

I got the coralife skimmer and replaced it with a whisper air pump. Can barely hear it. My thoughts on it...meh. It's decent if you replace the air stone every 2 months or so. It does product some light tea colored fills and brown crud at the neck of the skimmer. Sometimes even dark. Just have to be good at replacing airstone. It kept nitrates and phosphates in acceptable range for livestock but not good enough for corals yet.

I like the first picture, the skimmer looks bigger than the tank :lol:

But once you got it mounted behind the tank it's not bad. And you're going to have super skimming powers in this tank!

I was wondering, did you ever use the Tunze 9002 in this tank? I didn't think it fit in the chambers of the IM10.

I said I wouldn't add any more changes in terms of coral until I get the skimmer, but I ordered the skimmer and I went to the coral store on my way home from errands.. But no more sps even though I had to walk away from the most perfect birdsnest I have ever seen. I did walk away with a coral I have been doing to have: A scolly. Granted, it is not a bleeding apple, but it is neon orangey pink.

In the bag

20160212_145300-3_zpsqsyzmsbr.jpg

Kinda PO'ed. Just dropped in tank.

20160212_152027_zpsb8veeihx.jpg

I like it! I actually like that better than a bleeding apple :).

The 9002 doesn't fit in the second chamber.. I was going to use a dremel and cut it to size but I would have had to take the magnet off and make sure that it was siliconed/epoxied real well.. I didn't want to break a skimmer that costed me almost $200 a few years back.. I sill have it just incase.

I have it running right now and I am not home. I can't wait to see how it is doing when I get back. I have some pictures of the bubbles it was producing after ten mins in the tank. I will post them now.

I like the first picture, the skimmer looks bigger than the tank :lol:

But once you got it mounted behind the tank it's not bad. And you're going to have super skimming powers in this tank!

I was wondering, did you ever use the Tunze 9002 in this tank? I didn't think it fit in the chambers of the IM10.

Hard to tell but the bubble were already going halfway up the neck of the collection cup and they are super small. This skimmer will help immensely with aeration.

20160217_141908_zpswd9smuhu.jpg

Thanks gena! They also have one there that is solid green. They were next to each other and I almost bought both. But at $120/pc, it didn't happen lol..

I really want a rainbow one. But I have to win the lottery before I feel comfortable spending that much on a coral.

I like it! I actually like that better than a bleeding apple :).

Well slept through the night just fine with this beast running in my room. Stuck the airline into the emergency drain which attaches to the collection cup. Cants hear the suction at all. It was a tip I found online.

Moved the skimmer cup down half an inch. It had some light skimmate in the cup already. Not bad for the first 24hrs of operation.

I have a feeling I may even have to increass my bioload to keep nutrients in here once it starts to really work.

I dont like the cardinal fish, he is real boring. Just swims in a corner. I need something that can handle thr flow in the tank like the damsel I had.

Are you going to run the skimmer 24/7? If you are worried about nutrients in the tank, maybe put it on a timer? That things so big it'd probably only need to run for an hour to completely skim the entire tank! Lol

I was thinking about running it on a timer but I am not sure if I am going to do that. For now while it breaks in it will be on 24/7. Once I get it dialed in I don't think it will be too strong for the tank. By controlling the air flow and collection cup height I think I can get this beast working well. I may even be able to have some NPS corals with higher feeding demands.

I love feeding my corals, so having a strong skimmer will be a big help.

Just to build off this.. The cardinal was hanging out in the front left corner of the tank since I got him. I got annoyed and decided to move the elegance over there thinking that it would make it less comfortable in that corner with that and the torch coral. He did move, but now he hangs out in a different part of the tank.

What kind of wrasses can I put in here that are active, small, and beautiful??

I dont like the cardinal fish, he is real boring. Just swims in a corner. I need something that can handle thr flow in the tank like the damsel I had.

Cencalfishguy56

Just to build off this.. The cardinal was hanging out in the front left corner of the tank since I got him. I got annoyed and decided to move the elegance over there thinking that it would make it less comfortable in that corner with that and the torch coral. He did move, but now he hangs out in a different part of the tank.

What kind of wrasses can I put in here that are active, small, and beautiful??

Pink streaked wrasse, 4 or 6 line wrasse, also tanakas Pygmy wrasse but I think you'd like the pink streaked wrasse alot

How would those fish do in a fairly high flow tank? I imagine they would be fine if the cardinal is still healthy.

Pink streaked wrasse, 4 or 6 line wrasse, also tanakas Pygmy wrasse but I think you'd like the pink streaked wrasse alot

Cencalfishguy56

How would those fish do in a fairly high flow tank? I imagine they would be fine if the cardinal is still healthy.

I'd imagine fine they swim fairly well, be careful when adding, sometimes they can get aggressive if added last and may or may not bully your Cardinal

Fitzgerald, my pink streaked wrasse, doesn't seem to mind high currents, when he comes out he swims all over the tank. But I will admit that when the flow is completely turned off, he seems to come out quickly and pokes around more than usual, so he may prefer lower flow.

Ugh.. had my first fish jump out of all my years keeping fresh and salt. My poor yellow watchman goby managed to jump between the rim and lid. Found him dried up. Never knew fish got that crispy when the die, poor little fellow. I still have the factory cover, thats the problem.

Anyway, now I only have one cardinal and six snails. Maybe ill take a look for another fish tomorrow.. something that wont fit in that 1/4" gap. That goby was very very small...

Archived