Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

Elizabeth94

I tried phoslock for a while but didn't notice a difference so I switched it back to chemipure blue. I think I will pick up some phosban if chemipure doesn't do anything.

I buy all my water from my lfs, they have a really nice RO/DI system and I have been using their water for years. I have well water and feel like my water would destroy the filters haha. It is fine to drink, but theres a lot of copper in there. When I used my well water for my 75gal freshwater setup, I killed all the snails I put in there. I later linked it to all the copper in my water.

Yes, phosphates can really fuel algae. Purigen, phosban or a gfo can help or a RO/DI with resin can work wonders too. I have a portable unit that just connects to a sink with an adaptor.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried phoslock for a while but didn't notice a difference so I switched it back to chemipure blue. I think I will pick up some phosban if chemipure doesn't do anything.

I buy all my water from my lfs, they have a really nice RO/DI system and I have been using their water for years. I have well water and feel like my water would destroy the filters haha. It is fine to drink, but theres a lot of copper in there. When I used my well water for my 75gal freshwater setup, I killed all the snails I put in there. I later linked it to all the copper in my water.

Oh hey girl,what's good in here?
Elizabeth94

Oh hey girl,what's good in here?

Hey!

Nothing. Tank looks like crap haha.

I started some vinegar dosing a week ago. Wondering how that will go. Good thing I have a good skimmer!

Still need to buy a new battery for my mustang, and rebuild the carbuerator as I do every other year. Makes the car run smoother. Just cant find the time.

Iv been playing Dark Souls! Have you gotten it??

Hey!

Nothing. Tank looks like crap haha.

I started some vinegar dosing a week ago. Wondering how that will go. Good thing I have a good skimmer!

Still need to buy a new battery for my mustang, and rebuild the carbuerator as I do every other year. Makes the car run smoother. Just cant find the time.

Iv been playing Dark Souls! Have you gotten it??

Yes lol I was playing as I responded to your post on my thread and here lol hence the late reply,I went and got it at midnight Tuesday :lol: I've just farming the crap out of souls and building my knight up. How do you like it?

I'm curious to see what the vinegar dose for your tank please keep us posted with those results.

A carburetor you say? :wub:

Elizabeth94

Well, its my first time every playing Dark Souls. It didn't go too bad! I only died like five times at the first boss! hehe. I was pissed for a bit, but thankfully I bought the protection on my disk incase I broke it. Not likely, but you never know. I think I am too girly to break a cd with my little hands haha.

I like it a lot so far, but I am not sure what I should be focusing on. I know there really isn't a quest line so to speak, but after the first boss I am not sure what I should do haha, such a noob.

Yep, a carb! Weird that I don't have any pictures of it since I love taking pictures of my car lol. Here is the engine when I was done doing a small rebuild of it. Getting it hooked up to the tranny was so hard..

20150503_174237_zpso4fjdjgg.jpg

20150421_111136_zpslb2lkgpq.jpg

Yes lol I was playing as I responded to your post on my thread and here lol hence the late reply,I went and got it at midnight Tuesday :lol: I've just farming the crap out of souls and building my knight up. How do you like it?
I'm curious to see what the vinegar dose for your tank please keep us posted with those results.
A carburetor you say? :wub:

Well, its my first time every playing Dark Souls. It didn't go too bad! I only died like five times at the first boss! hehe. I was pissed for a bit, but thankfully I bought the protection on my disk incase I broke it. Not likely, but you never know. I think I am too girly to break a cd with my little hands haha.

I like it a lot so far, but I am not sure what I should be focusing on. I know there really isn't a quest line so to speak, but after the first boss I am not sure what I should do haha, such a noob.

Yep, a carb! Weird that I don't have any pictures of it since I love taking pictures of my car lol. Here is the engine when I was done doing a small rebuild of it. Getting it hooked up to the tranny was so hard..

20150503_174237_zpso4fjdjgg.jpg

20150421_111136_zpslb2lkgpq.jpg

A woman after my own heart :lol:

That's a nice looking naturally aspirated motor there darlin :) very nice. I ran an eldelbrock 850 on my old dodge loved thst thing. Now I just drive a tacoma these days though.

Hmmm stuck a bit are ya? What job class did you pick?

I used to break games lol I broke 2 copies of final fantasy tactics long ago I smashed the lid if my playstation while the game was in it and it shattered in the system :lol: caveman.

Elizabeth94

haha, I love the carb. This one is the 1405, so 650cfm. Couldn't go bigger because it wouldn't work well for a street car. When you put your foot down you can hear it sucking air in! Awesome sound. I can't even imagine the 850!

I grew up loving hunting, fishing, guns, and cars. But I am still plenty girly. Cant take my dresses and shopping away from me! People always ask if the mustang is my dads car, they never believe me when I tell them its mine. I always have to prove it by talking car stuff. I have had some freaky people approach me when I drive my car by myself.

I picked the knight class to play it safe. I also bought that $40 hardcover guide to go along with the game. It is extremely helpful for someone just starting the game. I can't believe how different the controls are compared to my skyrim and witcher game. So much more complicated. But I got the hang of it now.

Can you only spend your souls with the women in the beginning, or can you spend them without talking to her? Its not that I am completely stuck, I just don't have strategy because I know nothing about the game. I need to watch some FightingCowboy youtube videos, lol!

A woman after my own heart :lol:
That's a nice looking naturally aspirated motor there darlin :) very nice. I ran an eldelbrock 850 on my old dodge loved thst thing. Now I just drive a tacoma these days though.
Hmmm stuck a bit are ya? What job class did you pick?
I used to break games lol I broke 2 copies of final fantasy tactics long ago I smashed the lid if my playstation while the game was in it and it shattered in the system :lol: caveman.

I wish you luck on the algae issue. Diatoms & Cyano both are the pits I know. I finally got it out of my 10g but I have been battling the brown bane in my biocube 29...It's been over a month & I still have only managed to slow it down. The changes made at the time of the bloom were

(A )I added some new substrate to the sand bed about the same time as the bloom. (same stuff as in 10g & its silicate rich unfortunately & diatoms love that )

(B ) Increased dosing with fuel in both tanks just prior to the outbreaks.(can't believe I forgot about increasing this stuff they are probably feeding on it)

(C ) the fishes food in both tanks it was high in phosphates O.o !(this seemed to be what set it off as in it showed up the next day!)

It took me far too long to realize that the food may have triggered this & switched back to my old stuff. I literaly created the perfect environment & set myself up for this. I just Read your post about using Fuel & It got me thinking. I had increased dosing about a week before the cyano....I cut back dosing in the 10 g when I was fighting the cyano for no particular reason but not in the 29g. I can't believe I forgot about increasing the Fuel dosing! I was still feeding it no wonder I can't get rid of it. This may solve my algae issue. THANK YOU! I'm going to do a water change & stop dosing completely & see what happens. I am so thick some times. ugh!

haha, I love the carb. This one is the 1405, so 650cfm. Couldn't go bigger because it wouldn't work well for a street car. When you put your foot down you can hear it sucking air in! Awesome sound. I can't even imagine the 850!

I grew up loving hunting, fishing, guns, and cars. But I am still plenty girly. Cant take my dresses and shopping away from me! People always ask if the mustang is my dads car, they never believe me when I tell them its mine. I always have to prove it by talking car stuff. I have had some freaky people approach me when I drive my car by myself.

I picked the knight class to play it safe. I also bought that $40 hardcover guide to go along with the game. It is extremely helpful for someone just starting the game. I can't believe how different the controls are compared to my skyrim and witcher game. So much more complicated. But I got the hang of it now.

Can you only spend your souls with the women in the beginning, or can you spend them without talking to her? Its not that I am completely stuck, I just don't have strategy because I know nothing about the game. I need to watch some FightingCowboy youtube videos, lol!

That's awesome,I miss that noise,that 383 I had in my dodge was out of a 69 road runner and built,dyno was done and shown to us by the guy we bought it off of @425 hp. ;) It had a mild comp race cam that made it sound like it was gonna stall :lol: and 3" Flowmaster exhaust out of hooker headers. Love that car.

But now and has been this way a long time,I prefer to crawl low and drive slow ya dig? :D

Yea that lady is your level lady,but,you can use fast travel to go right back to fire shrine throughout the game so no worries.

Leveling will depend on how you want your knight to roll. Stamina,vitality, endurance and strength are good ones to make your knight I high defense wrecking house. That's where I'm going as I'm not much on magic use too often. Dexterity is important too to a degree as alot of weapons will require it to be higher it seems as they get better. I like dual weilding swords when I'm farming souls.

Also,you can go to the weapon smith in firelink to have him allocate more uses in your estus flask in the health flask if you don't find you're using the magic often.

Elizabeth94

Sounds like it was a fun dodge to drive! How were the Hooker headers? I was looking into a few of those for the stang but haven't bit the bullet yet. Who ever had the car before me upgraded to long tube headers and dual exhaust. It sounds real nice.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about upgrading those stats first to be honest. In all the games I have played I geared my character the same way you do.

SO, Tank news..

Its looking so much better. Hardly any cyano, but I have a few lumps of hair algae. No worries though, picked up a wrecking ball of a snail that should take care of that.

Also picked up a huge pavona. Its about a 4"x4" piece. Really big for the ten gallon but looks amazing. I am officially out of room for sps, not I have to focus on the bottom of my rock with some more acans and zoas.

Ill get a picture when everything settles in. I had to move around some corals.

That's awesome,I miss that noise,that 383 I had in my dodge was out of a 69 road runner and built,dyno was done and shown to us by the guy we bought it off of @425 hp. ;) It had a mild comp race cam that made it sound like it was gonna stall :lol: and 3" Flowmaster exhaust out of hooker headers. Love that car.
But now and has been this way a long time,I prefer to crawl low and drive slow ya dig? :D
Yea that lady is your level lady,but,you can use fast travel to go right back to fire shrine throughout the game so no worries.
Leveling will depend on how you want your knight to roll. Stamina,vitality, endurance and strength are good ones to make your knight I high defense wrecking house. That's where I'm going as I'm not much on magic use too often. Dexterity is important too to a degree as alot of weapons will require it to be higher it seems as they get better. I like dual weilding swords when I'm farming souls.

Sounds like it was a fun dodge to drive! How were the Hooker headers? I was looking into a few of those for the stang but haven't bit the bullet yet. Who ever had the car before me upgraded to long tube headers and dual exhaust. It sounds real nice.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about upgrading those stats first to be honest. In all the games I have played I geared my character the same way you do.

SO, Tank news..

Its looking so much better. Hardly any cyano, but I have a few lumps of hair algae. No worries though, picked up a wrecking ball of a snail that should take care of that.

Also picked up a huge pavona. Its about a 4"x4" piece. Really big for the ten gallon but looks amazing. I am officially out of room for sps, not I have to focus on the bottom of my rock with some more acans and zoas.

Ill get a picture when everything settles in. I had to move around some corals.

I liked em,always support your local hookers ;)

Excellent sound quality. Let's thst beast breathe fire.

That's great about the cyano! Very good. Now pictures ooorrr?

Elizabeth94

haha!

I have a picture after I moved things around but it is super burry. Should I still upload it?

I liked em,always support your local hookers ;)
Excellent sound quality. Let's thst beast breathe fire.
That's great about the cyano! Very good. Now pictures ooorrr?

WASNT kidding when I said it was a crappy photo. I took it fast after I moved corals around. Ill take a nice updated picture tomorrow and replace this one.

The sand is starting to move from the back of the tank to the front, so I can suck it out this week. Atleast you can see how big the pavona is.

20160417_133917_zpsjmebqjb5.jpg

haha!

I have a picture after I moved things around but it is super burry. Should I still upload it?

WASNT kidding when I said it was a crappy photo. I took it fast after I moved corals around. Ill take a nice updated picture tomorrow and replace this one.

The sand is starting to move from the back of the tank to the front, so I can suck it out this week. Atleast you can see how big the pavona is.

20160417_133917_zpsjmebqjb5.jpg

Oh yea you weren't kidding it is big! Very nice Elizabeth!
Elizabeth94

MUCH better picture the yesterday of some sps corals.

20160418_111015_zpsofgyepvu.jpg

Acro, sprouting new branches everywhere.

20160418_111437_zpsfcrmsemg.jpg

New unknown acro. Doing good, but I moved it yesterday so the polyps are slightly retracted.

20160418_111434_zpsgq3ek1g2.jpg

Very dark photo of the green birdsnest. I didn't realize that this guy was growing as much as is has.

20160418_111430_zpshdwtetdj.jpg

New coral. I hope it settles in nicely, I really really like where it is.

20160418_111441_zpsa5meq7w3.jpg

Noticed something this morning.. I haven't dosed Fuel in a while because I suspected that it caused my cyano to act out. Last night I decided to dose 2ml. This morning I had brown cyano on the glass of the tank. Thats it, I am either going to dose very little of this stuff or stop completely. It sucks because I noticed my sps colored up nicely when I used to does it. Double edged sword.

Wow, the sps look great! All of the amino acid coral foods cause a film on the glass. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's too much and causing bigger problems. You also have to be careful not to overdose, some people have said doing half a dose seemed to work well.

Nice car btw :)

MUCH better picture the yesterday of some sps corals.

20160418_111015_zpsofgyepvu.jpg

Acro, sprouting new branches everywhere.

20160418_111437_zpsfcrmsemg.jpg

New unknown acro. Doing good, but I moved it yesterday so the polyps are slightly retracted.

20160418_111434_zpsgq3ek1g2.jpg

Very dark photo of the green birdsnest. I didn't realize that this guy was growing as much as is has.

20160418_111430_zpshdwtetdj.jpg

New coral. I hope it settles in nicely, I really really like where it is.

20160418_111441_zpsa5meq7w3.jpg

Noticed something this morning.. I haven't dosed Fuel in a while because I suspected that it caused my cyano to act out. Last night I decided to dose 2ml. This morning I had brown cyano on the glass of the tank. Thats it, I am either going to dose very little of this stuff or stop completely. It sucks because I noticed my sps colored up nicely when I used to does it. Double edged sword.

:wub: very nice pics that unknown sps is very pretty
Elizabeth94

Yeah, this film is really thick and gross. I think I will listen to your advice and maybe do half doses. That car is a big part of my life, I love it so much. Going to pick up a nice heavy duty battery for it tomorrow and some stuff to do a rebuild of some motor parts

:wub: very nice pics that unknown sps is very pretty

Thanks! That piece goes through interesting color phases. When I dosed aminos regularly it was all green. Without aminos, only the polyps keep a deep green.

Wow, the sps look great! All of the amino acid coral foods cause a film on the glass. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's too much and causing bigger problems. You also have to be careful not to overdose, some people have said doing half a dose seemed to work well.

Nice car btw :)

Elizabeth94

Some more of my Mustang with a fellow forum member's convertible. First time I met someone in person from a forum and it was a blast! It isn't often you see this year of mustang because a lot of people are stuck on the idea that the 60's stangs are superior. They are wrong ;)

I like the convertible, but I think my car looks a little more ballzy :wub: Love this thing. I would include the picture of me standing near my car and the forum member near his but he makes me look shorter than I really am haha. Maybe I will anyway.

20150630_185933_zps9osifovl.jpg

20150630_190008_zpspexo2ile.jpg

And who doesn't like a picture of what it looks like in the drivers seat?

SunsetinCar_zps6c3fbb32.jpg

WELL

I started to remove the sand from the display. What a mess I made! Since the tank is in my bedroom I have about three feet of working space lol.

I took all my sand dwelling corals out and put them in a temporary container, then moved as much sand as I could to the front of the tank so I could suck it out. I can only heat up 5gals of water at a time so I will have to do this in stages. I noticed cyano on the back wall of the tank so I hope removing this nasty sand will help lower phosphates.

I sucked up a zombie snail by accident, I forgot I had three in here. I felt terrible, but he is okay and is now wedging himself under the scolly :angry:

I think I can get the majority of it out if I do this two or three more times. I wish I just started bare bottom like I was planning to.

O.O
Elizabeth94

Wow! Thats crazy. I had no idea there was such a thing. Poor zombie snail. Kinda cool how the parasite can control tw snail like that though.

Nature is scary sometimes.

I did notice I only have two of the three snails I purchased. I hope I didnt siphon one out without realizing it and just dumped him outside. :/ ill have to look tomorrow in the sand just so I know..

I am catching up with your thread and everything is looking great in your tank.

You remind me of me when I was young cause I also like cars, motorcycles and guns. I hung out with guys a lot more than girls. I will say that you know way more about car engines than I do. I know a little about my motorcycle but only the very basics about cars.

Elizabeth94

Thanks for the kind words. I was never able to keep sps in my old 29gal, but in here it seems too easy lol.

I wouldn't be the same person if I didn't like my cars, guns, and hunting. My dad taught me everything I know about cars, engines and since last spring, I have a decent knowledge about transmissions since I had to rebuild mine. Motorcycles are awesome! Thats one thing that I never got into because my dad had one when I was younger, so I didn't get to tinker with it like I can with cars. I want to get my motorcycle license sometime next year.

I am catching up with your thread and everything is looking great in your tank.

You remind me of me when I was young cause I also like cars, motorcycles and guns. I hung out with guys a lot more than girls. I will say that you know way more about car engines than I do. I know a little about my motorcycle but only the very basics about cars.

Thanks for the kind words. I was never able to keep sps in my old 29gal, but in here it seems too easy lol.

I wouldn't be the same person if I didn't like my cars, guns, and hunting. My dad taught me everything I know about cars, engines and since last spring, I have a decent knowledge about transmissions since I had to rebuild mine. Motorcycles are awesome! Thats one thing that I never got into because my dad had one when I was younger, so I didn't get to tinker with it like I can with cars. I want to get my motorcycle license sometime next year.

Most states have free motorcycle safety courses although I don't know about Rhode Island. If they do, I highly recommend it. I was an experienced motorcyclist as a teen and had been driving a car for 20 years before I got my first street motorcycle. The safety course gave so many helpful tips to equip the rider to be vigilant and have an edge on safety. I have lost 3 friends in motorcycle accidents and it is a very dangerous hobby. For me however, I love it and am willing to take the risks.

Archived