Coral Vue Hydros

Liz's Fusion 10- NEW 6/17

Elizabeth94

Looks fabulous! I see you didn't remove the green favia. Which I'm glad that you haven't! Everything is growing in perfectly together :).

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth94

Looks fabulous! I see you didn't remove the green favia. Which I'm glad that you haven't! Everything is growing in perfectly together :).

Thanks Gena!

Yep, kept the favia. I have grown to love it, and I am wondering if I can safely put another right near it. You think they will fight?

Thanks Gena!

Yep, kept the favia. I have grown to love it, and I am wondering if I can safely put another right near it. You think they will fight?

I don't know. I really don't have much experience with favias. I know acans are ok so I would think it would be ok. Guess you'll have to try it and see :D.

Elizabeth94

Guess ill do a little more research before I try it out. I would think they would be ok. As long as I get a favia, and not a maize brain. Good thing I can quickly tell the difference.

Guess ill do a little more research before I try it out. I would think they would be ok. As long as I get a favia, and not a maize brain. Good thing I can quickly tell the difference.

Well, the good news is with favias they'll let you know pretty quick if they don't like their neighbors. But it's a great question and something I've never researched.

• 3 weeks later...
Elizabeth94

Page bump! And that's a really pretty tank! I Love it :)

Thanks for the bump!

Went to the fist store today and I figured out I don't really have much room left for anything. I think I am ready for a little upgrade. Something that I can put in the same spot on my dresser and be able to use the same equipment.

I was thinking a little Fusion 20 would open it up a bit and give more growing space for my torch and sps. I told my lfs that if they get any fusion 20's I would make a purchase. I rather buy from them first so I can support their business. But if they don't order any in the next few weeks, Ill buy from MarineDepot (always great experiences with them).

So for now, no more corals will be added. Maybe Ill get some pics up for the growth of my sps. I just have to clean the tank a bit :happy:

Elizabeth94

That's a great plan!

I knew an upgrade would be approved by people on this forum! My boyfriend is actually tempted to take my fusion 10 and set it up for himself. He has never been interested in starting his own tank until recently. It would be nice to be able to share this hobby with him on a whim lie new level.

Elizabeth94

Need opinions..

So.. I want the background of the fusion 20 to be light blue.. I plan to get a custom cut piece of acrylic to place on the back of the tank. Ill have to drill holes for the two returns and cut an opening for the overflow teeth, but I think it will come out nice.

I will be going bare bottom for sure. I wonder if I should get a white piece of acrylic cut for the bottom.

Thoughts?

And how would you fix the acrylic to the glass? just a few dabs of silicone to hold it on that way I can take it off later if I need to?

Here are my calculations for the BACK panel which would make up the background

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-10%20at%2012.04.

Elizabeth94

Just odered a Fusion 20 :x

I was thinking.. Do you guys think it would be beneficial if I added one or two t5 bulbs to be ran with a single AI Prime? Are there any decent ones that you guys would suggest that aren't found at marine depot or BRS?

Edit: Now I am just thinking to go full blown T5's.

Elizabeth94

Please help, I am going nuts..

I don't like the idea of ONE single AI Prime on this tank. I will be adding mostly sps to the Fusion 20 when it comes, and I would love to try out T5's. I thought about just getting a second Prime, but I don't really want to do that.

If the fusion 20 was your tank, would you..

A: Just buy a second AI Prime

B: Use the single AI Prime and add a small, 2 bulb T5 fixture (Like the AquaticLife Marquis Dual Lamp at MarineDepot)

C: Just suck it up and get the ATI dimmable- keeping in mind that I will be upgrading again to something that is bigger anyway.

Money isn't an issue. If I decide to go full blown ATI I can buy it now, but Ill have to do some serious saving afterwards haha. Student loans are on their way!! And yes- I know I would have to buy bulbs too.

EDIT: Moved this post to a new topic in lighting section!

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through your thread this tank has come a long way. And you answered a question for me regarding the Ai prime growing sps, so thank you!

Awesome tank can't wait to see how the transfer goes, I'll be doing the same shortly.

I have a single radion xr30 pro currently and my new tank is 40 cm longer than my current tank, so I'm adding 4 t5 bulbs as well, mainly due to the fact that t5 seems to be the best for sps

Elizabeth94

Just read through your thread this tank has come a long way. An you answered a question for me regarding the Ai prime growing sps, so that you!

Awesome tank can't wait to see how the transfer goes, I'll be doing the same shortly.

I have a single radion xr30 pro and my new tank is 40 cm longer than my current tank so I'm adding 4 t5 bulbs as well, mainly due to the fact that t5 seems to be the best for sps

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the complements!

I do love my AI Prime, and I certainly got sps to grow at a decent rate with it. However, color wasn't good enough for me. I think you will like the T5s! I have only read good things about them.

I JUST unwrapped this! My custom light stand is almost done, it just has to be painted. Though I am impatient, I may not paint it! That means I can do the transfer tomorrow!!!

20160721_151711_zpsah5vsskh.jpg

20160721_152748_zpsvrivhra1.jpg

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the complements!

I do love my AI Prime, and I certainly got sps to grow at a decent rate with it. However, color wasn't good enough for me. I think you will like the T5s! I have only read good things about them.

I JUST unwrapped this! My custom light stand is almost done, it just has to be painted. Though I am impatient, I may not paint it! That means I can do the transfer tomorrow!!!

20160721_151711_zpsah5vsskh.jpg

20160721_152748_zpsvrivhra1.jpg

I wrote that comment from my ipad on the train this morning... it was appalling... soo many words missed haha.

Ohh so you are going full T5!! how long is that light?

Elizabeth94

I wrote that comment from my ipad on the train this morning... it was appalling... soo many words missed haha.

Ohh so you are going full T5!! how long is that light?

Haha, no problem, I read it just fine :)

The light is 24" for a 24" tank :) should be plenty since it is a shallow tank.

Elizabeth94

Getting salt water today. Ill be posting on my fusion 20 thread now, transfer is close!

Thanks Mark. I was very impressed when I unwrapped the light yesterday.. those ATI reflectors are amazing

Yess! Im excited to see how the t5's work out for you! What bulb combo are you going to run?

Elizabeth94

Yess! Im excited to see how the t5's work out for you! What bulb combo are you going to run?

So far I am thinking two Blue plus, two coral plus. Only because I like the white look.

But I ordered a true actinic too. I might switch a coral plus out for that if it looks to white when the bulbs burn in.

Wow Liz! It's been so long since I've checked your thread, you've come so far! Congratz all around!

I finally posted an update to my thread, you've out done me by miles! I've been tweeking and reading about lighting for the last few months and have come up with a 12/12 setting that works well, I am currious what AI Prime settings you are running now?

Archived