ReefCleaners.org

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow not sure how I haven't seen this thread yet! I saw you had some jumpers do things things not have tops??? That also has to be the cutest dendro! mine started small but not that small, after a year i was feeding it live ghost shrimp!

Thanks! The Green Banded Gobies have jumped more than once :furious: So now I have a screen top that I made to custom fit. I just take it off for FTS shots.

I love the blue a can too, what a beauty!

It's finally started a few babies. I really hope they will get big enough to frag some day :)

Nice! Looking full - great colors and those acans have me thinking about LPS

Thanks! Do it! Do it! They will look awesome when they get big and puffy in your new 50 :D

Happy weekend everybody! My proposal work is almost done and I actually had a little free time today :haha:

So I installed the BRS dosers I got some time ago. I've been wanting to use these instead of the Jebao because I can control it from the Apex and get a little more fine control. I also diluted the dosing solution at a 3:1 ratio with RODI water, since dosers really want to dose at least 1ml at a time to be accurate. Here's a picture of everything in place underneath the desk:

21001712161_5ac0bf0cb5_b.jpgBRS dosers by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's what it looks like with the file cabinet and computer back in place:

20994194985_723091edc9_b.jpgBRS Dosers by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I also did my bi-monthly cleaning of the back chambers and pump, and did a big water change. While I was at it, I applied some more hydrogen peroxide to the zoas. Some of them have developed a brown, algae-like coating, which I think is the cause of whatever's been bothering them for the last couple months. After applying the peroxide and changing the water, a lot of it peeled of, leaving clean zoa skin underneath. Hopefully they will all open up again tomorrow - about half of them opened right back up a couple hours after the water change, so I am optimistic.

I took this shot right after doing the water change. I think it's interesting to see what the corals look like when they are more closed up. For example, you can see that the duncans have grown a total of 12 heads! Not bad from a small frag with two heads :)

20807102858_1813a91776_b.jpgAfter Water Change by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Your setup looks very nice underneath. I prefer to not have a bunch of cluttered cables so I like seeing how everyone else manages theirs. It is great how much you've got packed into such a tiny space! Do you have any plans for the lower right sandbed?

Love this last pic and the fluffy duncans. I am definitely NOT showcasing any of my wiring, LOL. You can imagine what 2 tank's worth of equipment looks like all sharing 1 outlet, (at least the outlet is on a dedicated circuit).

Your setup looks very nice underneath. I prefer to not have a bunch of cluttered cables so I like seeing how everyone else manages theirs. It is great how much you've got packed into such a tiny space! Do you have any plans for the lower right sandbed?

Thanks! I can live with messy cables for a while but I'm too OCD to leave them for long :)

I haven't decided whether to put anything in that front corner. The duncans get really close to it, so there's really not much room. For now I'm just enjoying the open space :happy:

Hmmmm, I like the way you think. It would be a nice balance with the other acans. And I just happen to have an acan frag that's been recovering in my frag tank after getting stung in the 10g tank. Watch this space :ninja:

Love this last pic and the fluffy duncans. I am definitely NOT showcasing any of my wiring, LOL. You can imagine what 2 tank's worth of equipment looks like all sharing 1 outlet, (at least the outlet is on a dedicated circuit).

Thanks! I can just imagine :blink:

Jasper spent some time at his absolute favorite activity in the whole world - chasing the laser pointer around on the floor. He is obsessed with lights and shadows. I'll try to upload a video later, but here's the happy dog after we finished :wub:

20401046353_f19633a607_b.jpgJasper by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Edit: here's the video:

Jasper spent some time at his absolute favorite activity in the whole world - chasing the laser pointer around on the floor. He is obsessed with lights and shadows. I'll try to upload a video later, but here's the happy dog after we finished :wub:

20401046353_f19633a607_b.jpgJasper by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Edit: here's the video:

:lol:

He is FAST :).

The hammer coral is growing and doing great! Unfortunately, that's not so great for his neighbors. I'm not worried about the monti cap since it always grows like crazy anyway, but the poor red mille had finally decided to grow a new branch after a YEAR, and two weeks later it get zapped. Grrr :furious: Oh well, hopefully it will start to branch out on the other side instead.

21047737425_655d9657ed_b.jpgChemical Warfare by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Your hammer is so pretty. Love your colors!

Thanks!

Wow- that bird is taking off, Ya hammer can send out some long stingers- has it unleashed any yet?

It has a few stringy stingers that are a little longer than the rest. I'm pretty sure that's what's stinging the mille.

My purple fuzz sps in the 10g tank had a tiny frag break off last night. So I have assumed it is a Sign that it was meant to go in this tank. I put it in a shaded corner in the back, behind the rastas. It gets a lot of light in the 10g, so I don't know how it will do here without as much light. We'll find out in a couple weeks :)

21051370106_4a5ab4f8a4_b.jpgPurple Fuzz Frag by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The pipe organ coral has been getting nice and bushy, and is growing some new polyps. I've been feeding it a lot of reed roids which seems to really help.

20889682788_ea49078f1a_b.jpgPipe Organ Coral by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Green Banded Goby #1 came out to say "hi". I really need to name these guys but I'm afraid if I do they'll jump out like all the other ones did :unsure:

20889504850_2fd49a590d_b.jpgGreen Banded Goby #1 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Archived