inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

Nice variety in here. Just wondering what your water changes look like and if you run carbon to deal with the slime when they hit air?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just whittle down the plug with a pair of sturdy dikes until I get to the diameter of the Zoas and then glue to the live rock.. That way the Zoas are not injured. After 4-6 months it's hard to tell the plug remnant is even there.

That's exactly what I used to do. But a small as this tank is, even doing that left a fairly obvious plug under the zoas. So I tried just carefully scraping them off with a sharp (but old) wood chisel. It worked great. The whole mat came right off and I was able to glue them mat right to the rock.

Note to others: wear eye protection any time you might squish or cut zoas or palys B)

Actually, we will be in a cabin so it's not true camping. That's comforting if there is a chance of rain or storms, ha ha!

Ah, the best kind of camping :D

How exciting. Both the baby and the eagle project. My oldest is working on his as well. Good luck to your son. I hope it goes well.

Thanks! I never went that far myself, so I'm really proud of him :wub:

dang...that's the best of the best Pico I've ever seen, look at all those happy corals...keep up the great work!!!

Thanks! I just started following your tank - it looks great!

Nice variety in here. Just wondering what your water changes look like and if you run carbon to deal with the slime when they hit air?

I usually change about about a gallon every week. That means draining all but about the bottom two or three inches, so I definitely get a lot of snot when I fill it back up. On the other hand, if I need to put hydrogen peroxide on anything, it's really easy to spot treat without taking rocks out.

I run about a teaspoon of BRS RoX carbon in a teeny tiny bag in the bottom of the media basket. I change it once or twice a month.

Thanks. I was curious as I have an acro and monti in my 3.5 gallon with only 1.5 actual gallons of water and was wondering once it has more Zoas and mushrooms how their thick coats would affect them.

Thanks! I just started following your tank - it looks great!

I usually change about about a gallon every week. That means draining all but about the bottom two or three inches, so I definitely get a lot of snot when I fill it back up. On the other hand, if I need to put hydrogen peroxide on anything, it's really easy to spot treat without taking rocks out.

I run about a teaspoon of BRS RoX carbon in a teeny tiny bag in the bottom of the media basket. I change it once or twice a month.

Yeah, i had a tank crash a while back due to bryopsis treatment with peroxide, lots died, some made it but everything has been recovering great and looks better than ever. Thanks for following!

...wow.....just wow.. :o

Good luck with your new tank and all the upgrades!

Thanks. I was curious as I have an acro and monti in my 3.5 gallon with only 1.5 actual gallons of water and was wondering once it has more Zoas and mushrooms how their thick coats would affect them.

I've had the zoas and mushrooms out of the water plenty of times. It doesn't really affect them much at all. The zoas just close up, and the rics shrink up, but they open back up pretty quick once they get wet again. The don't really slime up like acans or montis.

Good luck with your new tank and all the upgrades!

I've had the zoas and mushrooms out of the water plenty of times. It doesn't really affect them much at all. The zoas just close up, and the rics shrink up, but they open back up pretty quick once they get wet again. The don't really slime up like acans or montis.

Thank you! itching to start a Mr aqua 17 gallon.

My minds telling me nooooooo, but my body MY bodyyyy is telling me yessss.

Yeah, i had a tank crash a while back due to bryopsis treatment with peroxide, lots died, some made it but everything has been recovering great and looks better than ever. Thanks for following!

I'm a firm believer in peroxide! I spot treat every once in a while, but I drain the water first so that I can get full strength on the problem spot with just a couple drops.

I got a new version of Android on my phone tonight that lets me take pictures in RAW. I've just started playing around with it, but I took a couple pictures at night under the blues that I thought turned out nice. They're a little grainy due to the high ISO but the colors look cool :)

Hammers:

20398472529_e84f48681c_b.jpgHammers by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Ricordea, with the blue plating sponge on the left. It's starting to get big enough now that it's growing out and above the rics.

20398391688_f929c8d07a_b.jpgRics with Blue Sponge by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Rainbow Montipora:

19965485473_be0806170d_b.jpgRainbow Monti by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I got a new version of Android on my phone tonight that lets me take pictures in RAW. I've just started playing around with it, but I took a couple pictures at night under the blues that I thought turned out nice. They're a little grainy due to the high ISO but the colors look cool :)

Hammers:

Ricordea, with the blue plating sponge on the left. It's starting to get big enough now that it's growing out and above the rics.

Rainbow Montipora:

The jealousy is real..

How i feel at the Coral Store http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

I'm a firm believer in peroxide! I spot treat every once in a while, but I drain the water first so that I can get full strength on the problem spot with just a couple drops.

Count me in! I took my rocks out and did a full dip in a small bucket with 50/50, even though some corals didn't make it im still glad i did, it was the only thing that worked for me.

Hammers:

Rainbow Montipora:

They don't grainy when I look at them on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, they look great. Such vibrancy!

Tank looks wonderful as always, Teeny :) I need to borrow some of your cell phone pic skills :lol: mine always come out looking super pinkie-purple.

Tank looks wonderful as always, Teeny :) I need to borrow some of your cell phone pic skills :lol: mine always come out looking super pinkie-purple.

The camera in Galaxy S6 is really great. I just leave it in automatic with the flash off and it usually does a pretty good job. The camera in my old phone wasn't nearly as good.

They don't grainy when I look at them on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, they look great. Such vibrancy!

I can see the grain when I zoom in but it really isn't as bad as I thought at first. Thanks!

Ermagerd, things have been so busy! Hope I can get caught up this weekend but I'm still working 24/7 on a proposal for work. I'll just leave these here for now...

The blue ric has gotten huge!

20585939980_3d483a8613_b.jpgBig Blue by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The pom pom crab came out the other night, when all the lights were off except for the desk lamp. The baby dendro is getting bigger :wub:

20780886041_6bbe3fd8b3_b.jpgPom Pom with Dendros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The tank is looking super awesome, teeny! I'be been away from n-r for a while, just getting caught up with the threads.

I'm glad you're back!

Ermagerd, things have been so busy! Hope I can get caught up this weekend but I'm still working 24/7 on a proposal for work. I'll just leave these here for now...

The blue ric has gotten huge!

20585939980_3d483a8613_b.jpgBig Blue by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The pom pom crab came out the other night, when all the lights were off except for the desk lamp. The baby dendro is getting bigger :wub:

20780886041_6bbe3fd8b3_b.jpgPom Pom with Dendros by TeenyReef, on Flickr

The first pic is amazing. Congratulations on the baby.

The first pic is amazing. Congratulations on the baby.

Thanks! I'm really excited about the baby, since the dendro is about a year old and never really grew much.

Is that a second Dendro head I see?!

Yes! He's growing fast, too :D

Wow not sure how I haven't seen this thread yet! I saw you had some jumpers do things things not have tops??? That also has to be the cutest dendro! mine started small but not that small, after a year i was feeding it live ghost shrimp!

Archived