Cultivated Reef

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind telling me the light schedule and channel setting on your nanobox for this tank?

Beautiful tank!

Thanks! I have the lights on 140/70 (blues/whites). The total photocycle is 12 hours: three hours ramp up, six hours full intensity, three hours ramp down.

I have thought about shortening the cycle but since things seem to be going well I'm really hesitant about messing with it. But I've often thought that it might be better with a shorter max intensity period with a higher level, maybe up to 160 or 170 for the blues and 80 or 85 for the whites.

how many you think i can have in there? 5?

Well, I currently have two green banded gobies along with one rust goby, but I also had a black clown in there for three or four months as well. You're an experienced reefer, so I'd say if your tank is mature and you're skimming you could probably keep five. Gotta be really little ones, though!

just found some tigger pods in my crab tank woh woh. trippy-because i was just coming here to ask you what kind of pods you have in your tank. :o

Tigger pods are great :)

I haven't added pods to this tank in quite a while. Unfortunately, the only pods I have that grow on their own are the much larger amphipod types, that tend to bother the zoas. I used to have a lot of them but they seem to have died back in the past couple months. I'm hoping it's because the gobies have grown large enough to eat them ;)

The blue sponge that I get from Zia is starting to really grow out and has finally started tabling. It doesn't really show up from the front, but I was able to get a top down shot after doing some contortions to get the camera at just the right angle so that the reflection of the lights was out of the way.

22510004664_5671461966_b.jpgBlue Sponge by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Nice I got a tiny piece and after loosing it several times to it floating around the tank after coming unglued I finally stuck a rubber band around it and put it in my sump until it decided to adhere to the rock! I can't wait for mine to grow he was only able to throw in a tiny nub in my order but it's doubled since then.

jedimasterben

I can never get that species of sponge to really grow. It grows to about a silver dollar size then dies back, then regrows, then dies back, etc. :/

I can never get that species of sponge to really grow. It grows to about a silver dollar size then dies back, then regrows, then dies back, etc. :/

In this tank, that would be perfect - save me the trouble of trimming it :D

So far it's been growing steadily, but it's about the size of a silver dollar now :mellow:

man, great pictures.

Thanks. I need to check in on your thread. I've had my eye on the Lagoon 25...

Nice I got a tiny piece and after loosing it several times to it floating around the tank after coming unglued I finally stuck a rubber band around it and put it in my sump until it decided to adhere to the rock! I can't wait for mine to grow he was only able to throw in a tiny nub in my order but it's doubled since then.

Mine started the same way. I glued it down, it blew away, and fortunately settled down into a good spot all on its own :)

I got a piece of what I thought was blue sponge. Turned out to be very purple. Still pretty, just not what I really wanted. If you start trimming yours I'd love a piece. Maybe trade blue for purple?

The blue sponge that I get from Zia is starting to really grow out and has finally started tabling. It doesn't really show up from the front, but I was able to get a top down shot after doing some contortions to get the camera at just the right angle so that the reflection of the lights was out of the way.

22510004664_5671461966_b.jpgBlue Sponge by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I got a piece of what I thought was blue sponge. Turned out to be very purple. Still pretty, just not what I really wanted. If you start trimming yours I'd love a piece. Maybe trade blue for purple?

I'd be happy to! I'll let you know when I start trimming it.

Cool sponge!

Have your GBGs been reproducing yet? I found babies again this morning! I wish it wasn't such a pain to raise them. It'd be cool if they could survive in the DT without any intervention from me.

Cool sponge!

Have your GBGs been reproducing yet? I found babies again this morning! I wish it wasn't such a pain to raise them. It'd be cool if they could survive in the DT without any intervention from me.

Makes you wonder how any survive in nature...

Cool sponge!

Makes you wonder how any survive in nature...

It's funny that you asked - I just took this picture and was wondering if this is a fat fish or a pregnant fish. I learned a long time ago not ask a lady if she's pregnant, though, so I've kept my mouth shut :unsure:

22536367913_45e2c870d9_b.jpgFat GBG by TeenyReef, on Flickr

It's funny that you asked - I just took this picture and was wondering if this is a fat fish or a pregnant fish. I learned a long time ago not ask a lady if she's pregnant, though, so I've kept my mouth shut :unsure:

22536367913_45e2c870d9_b.jpgFat GBG by TeenyReef, on Flickr

That is an utterly pregnant fish LOL. Mine looks like that ALL the time. Look for babies at the surface of the water. That's where mine like to hang out. Until they get eaten :rolleyes: .

That is an utterly pregnant fish LOL. Mine looks like that ALL the time. Look for babies at the surface of the water. That's where mine like to hang out. Until they get eaten :rolleyes: .

Awesome! omgomgomg

I've seen babies in the 10g tank, but never in this one.

Archived