Top Shelf Aquatics

TeenyReef's 4g PicoParadise

teenyreef

Here's the link to his Ebay store. You pretty much have to follow him and then wait for updates. He seems to get gobies in every month or two, and they always sell out quickly.

http://stores.ebay.com/caribbeanfishcollectors/

Thank you! :D

Tonight I noticed something, well, steamy, going on with the pom pom crabs...

Pom Pom Love by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Tomorrow things are going to be all awkward and weird for them :lol:

You are going to have to add a NSFW tag onto your thread title! ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24012864226_3bd2247bb2_b.jpgPom Pom Love by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Pom poms are fascinating creatures. I got the second one recently because the original one had somehow lost his poms. The new one had two poms. Now, only a couple weeks after getting the new one, they both have two poms. It's like crab magic :huh:

jackie-moon.jpg

24012864226_3bd2247bb2_b.jpgPom Pom Love by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Pom poms are fascinating creatures. I got the second one recently because the original one had somehow lost his poms. The new one had two poms. Now, only a couple weeks after getting the new one, they both have two poms. It's like crab magic :huh:

ha... I feel bad for my little one now. I am going to get a companion.

Just curious is that male/female... or are they ah... loven the one your with. :o

Hope one of them doesn't have crabs... Yuk Yuk...

ha... I feel bad for my little one now. I am going to get a companion.

Just curious is that male/female... or are they ah... loven the one your with. :o

Hope one of them doesn't have crabs... Yuk Yuk...

I'm pretty sure there's a boy and a girl there :lol:

Thank you! :D

You are going to have to add a NSFW tag onto your thread title! ;)

Inorite? Done! :lol:

EEEEEWWWWWWWW :lol:

I just saw your new avatar, it fits this comment perfectly! :lol:

I'm pretty sure there's a boy and a girl there :lol:

Inorite? Done! :lol:

I just saw your new avatar, it fits this comment perfectly! :lol:

Well Christmas is over so Cousin Eddie goes away till next year :lol:

man i need some pom poms :D

Do it! Other than their tendency to completely disappear when the lights are on, they are great crabs for a small tank :)

I love how things get different in the tank at night. Some corals open up, and other close up. In my tank, they generally close up. If I wasn't used to it, I would definitely freak out sometimes. For example, here's a picture of the blue ricordea taken last night after the lights were off. The only illumination was from a table lamp nearby.

23989744811_718687df1d_b.jpgBlue Ric at Night by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's the same group of corals taken just now, during the day:

23989750811_23fe5acd3f_b.jpgBlue Ric in Daylight by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Stella sent me lots of macros, most of which went in the 10g tank. I stuffed some of the leftovers in this tank just to see how they do :)

They're in the back corners so they aren't really visible from the front. My hope is that they will fill in and grow up from the corners so that they can be seen from the front.

23725232749_a5c11c75d8_b.jpg20151231_181037.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

23984938022_4629b0d66a_b.jpg20151231_181059.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

23984939542_34bf922306_b.jpg20151231_181114.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Do it! Other than their tendency to completely disappear when the lights are on, they are great crabs for a small tank :)

I want a pom pom for surea, is it better to get a pair?

I want a pom pom for surea, is it better to get a pair?

Mine did fine when I had just one. I just added the second one because the first one lost his poms.

Happy New Year everyone! My resolution for this tank in 2016 is to finally figure out how to get my zoas to stay open for more than a week at a time, and to figure out what coral to add to the top right side rock :)

Happy New Year everyone! My resolution for this tank in 2016 is to finally figure out how to get my zoas to stay open for more than a week at a time, and to figure out what coral to add to the top right side rock :)

Happy New Year, Teeny, and all. What's this about the zoas? You know, I still know so little about all of this. I noticed one of my zoas (8-12polyps) has been opening half way for two days, The other zoas I have seem great. Is this customary behavior? I was starting to worry. I noticed the hermit on it tonight picking at something, which only made me worry more.

:lol: So i've been trying to figure out what NSFW means so I finally looked it up. I get it! With the pom poms! LOL!!!

Heh heh. Better late than never :lol:

Happy New Year, Teeny, and all. What's this about the zoas? You know, I still know so little about all of this. I noticed one of my zoas (8-12polyps) has been opening half way for two days, The other zoas I have seem great. Is this customary behavior? I was starting to worry. I noticed the hermit on it tonight picking at something, which only made me worry more.

My zoas are sometimes fully open, beautiful, and multiplying. For about a week :(

Then they go through a phase where some or all of them close up, or only open up for a few hours during the day. This goes on for a month or two. Or three. I still haven't figure out if it's pests, feeding, water conditions, or some combination.

I've eliminated a lot of possibilities including my sexy shrimp bothering them, water's too dirty, etc.. Right now it seems to come down to doing a lot of target feeding with a combination of Reef Roids and Gonipower. I've been doing heavy target feeding every day for about two weeks and they are almost all open now.

Heh heh. Better late than never :lol:

My zoas are sometimes fully open, beautiful, and multiplying. For about a week :(

Then they go through a phase where some or all of them close up, or only open up for a few hours during the day. This goes on for a month or two. Or three. I still haven't figure out if it's pests, feeding, water conditions, or some combination.

I've eliminated a lot of possibilities including my sexy shrimp bothering them, water's too dirty, etc.. Right now it seems to come down to doing a lot of target feeding with a combination of Reef Roids and Gonipower. I've been doing heavy target feeding every day for about two weeks and they are almost all open now.

I have some scrambled egg zoas that stay open for about 4 hours a day then boom. They close up. Then I have some others that are open all the time and others that I just can't figure out. I think zoas are tougher than SPS in a lot of ways :)

I have some scrambled egg zoas that stay open for about 4 hours a day then boom. They close up. Then I have some others that are open all the time and others that I just can't figure out. I think zoas are tougher than SPS in a lot of ways :)

I agree! I can at least get my acros to grow and show some color. And, at least so far, when they die I know why. But zoas are totally inscrutable :ninja:

super sweet shots so stuffed full.......my tanks are empty now . Your top downs are still amazing as ever

Thanks, Scott!

I keep eyeing that empty spot in the top right, though. So much empty real estate. Just need something that will grow up and away from the hammer :)

Ha ha, thats funny that with a 4 gallon tank you are commenting on so much empty space! I can only imagine how wasteful you must think some of us are, ha ha!

Ha ha, thats funny that with a 4 gallon tank you are commenting on so much empty space! I can only imagine how wasteful you must think some of us are, ha ha!

I know, it's like two whole square inches :lol:

Thanks, Scott!

I keep eyeing that empty spot in the top right, though. So much empty real estate. Just need something that will grow up and away from the hammer :)

It's crazy how the small tanks make the corals look so much larger. You look at this and then it makes perfect sense how your daughter created the mandarin image, organized chaos -- beautiful :)

Is it difficult to clean the glass where the hammers and duncans are? Do you just do it at night once they close?

Archived