inTank Media Baskets

TigerLily's IM 30L - Happy Tankiversary!

TigerLily

• 2 weeks later...

Lady-reefer problems. I have crazy glue on my manicure!

pics pics we need more pics!

Your wish is my command ;) Hopefully the fact that my tank is actually an aiptasia farm won't be apparent in these photos.

Today's FTS...

18794343303_f03508517a_c.jpg

The middle section, with the "Pavona that ate Manhattan" and the lumpily encrusting Katropora on the arch.

18792191274_64abd941ff_c.jpg

A little euphyllia lovin' and the pink stylo in the foreground. I was a little worried that the z's and p's would take it over in that spot, but the stylo stings them all into submission perfectly.

18793962663_8b2718539b_c.jpg

Caps hanging out with some birdsnest and runaway pavona in the background (I swear that thing is like a weed)

18792041954_1851fda636_c.jpg

The right side, with a stag, digi, BTAs, assorted shrooms and rics, z's & p's, a torch, trumpets... a little bit of everything! Everything on this side seems to be really happy and growing.

19418716021_b4d8f1fcba_c.jpg

A little further toward center is my big brain :)

18793913873_12d940305a_c.jpg

This little stick hasn't grown at all in the 6+ months I've had it. It was over on the left side. I'm hoping that more light in the center of the tank will help.

19414401965_03bec17eff_c.jpg

Happy as a clam. ;)

19408191292_0cb82d2597_c.jpg

Just a cool shot looking down the right side of the tank...

19414525895_54f9f00989_c.jpg

• Like 9
Sk8n Reefer

wow- nice little tour! great looking pics- so much life in each pic. I like that Idaho grape's shape! what type of clam is that? Couldn't see one Aiptasia in all the pics- mine are going crazy at the moment also- time to juice em!

• Like 1

Sometimes your tank makes me wish I went with the 30L instead but overall Im happy with the 40 but both are solid tanks. Beautiful work on this tank that you have done.

• Like 1
WhiteWulfe

Sometimes your tank makes me wish I went with the 30L instead but overall Im happy with the 40 but both are solid tanks. Beautiful work on this tank that you have done.

I'm having a similar issue but haven't picked up the tank yet... So many lovely builds and possibilities with the 30L or the 40 - just have to decide whether length or cubey goodness is my preference.

• Like 1

I'm having a similar issue but haven't picked up the tank yet... So many lovely builds and possibilities with the 30L or the 40 - just have to decide whether length or cubey goodness is my preference.

I went with the 40 because it fit where I needed to and lighting options were easier. But the 30l is like an aio mr aqua 12 its just a great tank.

Wow, everything looks great :wub: Your tank looks way bigger than it really is in the FTS shots. I'm glad the clam seems to have recovered from being clamnapped :)

• Like 1
HarryPotter

18750559000_fc63760422_c.jpg

Yes, that is what it looks like. My urchin picked up my clam. I had gotten used to his zoa stealing antics but this is too much. The urchin kept trying to clean the clam until it got annoyed and finally let go of it's rock. Then he was able to pick it up and wander off. He has officially gone too far! The urchin (who is such a great algae eater) will be put into the back chambers until the clam settles down again and I decide what to do.

That is the coolest picture/story I've ever heard on NanoReef.

Incredible!

• Like 2

wow- nice little tour! great looking pics- so much life in each pic. I like that Idaho grape's shape! what type of clam is that? Couldn't see one Aiptasia in all the pics- mine are going crazy at the moment also- time to juice em!

Thank you! I'm trying to let everything grow In together. The aiptasia are the reason I had glue on my manicure. I decided to scrape a little algae before taking pics but then was distracted by the aiptasia so I decided to entomb a few of the larger ones into the rock. ;) The clam is a maxima.

Love the tank! Everything looks fantastic!

I wish I had a 30l to work with. :) Cube-life can be rough sometimes. :P

Thank you! That's funny, I'm always wishing I had the depth of a cube to work with.

Thank you! I just took a look at your thread. That purple cap you have! OMGoodness! :wub:

Wow, everything looks great :wub: Your tank looks way bigger than it really is in the FTS shots. I'm glad the clam seems to have recovered from being clamnapped :)

Thanks! Yes, the clam seems to be none the worse for wear. ;) I've been MIA for a while and need to catch up on your tanks.

That is the coolest picture/story I've ever heard on NanoReef.

Incredible!

Yeah, I have urchin troubles for sure. ;) I'm constantly fixing up what it knocks over and steals...
  • Like 1

The QUAD is doing work over your tank! Great job.

-DAve

I love the QUAD! It is doing a great job over the tank!

Looks wonderful! We have the same brain :wub:. Love that color brain and how fluffy they get!

OMGosh! I just went to your thread to look at your brain and imagine my surprise! ;) I love the new tank - it's beautiful already!

• Like 1

I love the QUAD! It is doing a great job over the tank!

OMGosh! I just went to your thread to look at your brain and imagine my surprise! ;) I love the new tank - it's beautiful already!

Thank you :flower:.

Very healthy looking tank. Love the brain corals.I'm really liking these IM tanks.

Thank you! That big brain is one of my favorites.

• Like 2

Tank is looking great, you have a little bit of everything in there!

I wanted to ask you how you like your MP10 given your mixed reef. My primary source of flow in my Fusion 30L is a Gyre 130 with the tank's returns pointed away from it (otherwise they interfere with the Gyre, rendering it pointless). I'm not overly impressed with the Gyre and I've been debating going with an MP10, but I figured I'd ask members who have the same tank how they like theirs.

• Like 1
Jays simplicity

Best 30L ive seen to date!!!!

I wanted to ask you how you like your MP10 given your mixed reef. My primary source of flow in my Fusion 30L is a Gyre 130 with the tank's returns pointed away from it (otherwise they interfere with the Gyre, rendering it pointless). I'm not overly impressed with the Gyre and I've been debating going with an MP10, but I figured I'd ask members who have the same tank how they like theirs.

I've also been considering going back to mp10 vs the gyre

• Like 1

Thanks! There is a bit of everything. I love it all. Addicted! :blush:

I'm happy with the mp10. I have spin streams too to help mix up the flow. There are some low flow spots in my tank, but that's ok. That is where I put the rics. ;) The tank definitely lacks in depth, which is my one complaint, but I think that's why the mp10 works so well in there. There just isn't that much territory to cover front to back.

Best 30L ive seen to date!!!!

I've also been considering going back to mp10 vs the gyre

Aw shucks :flower:

Thanks! There is a bit of everything. I love it all. Addicted! :blush:

I'm happy with the mp10. I have spin streams too to help mix up the flow. There are some low flow spots in my tank, but that's ok. That is where I put the rics. ;) The tank definitely lacks in depth, which is my one complaint, but I think that's why the mp10 works so well in there. There just isn't that much territory to cover front to back.

Welcome!

Okay, thank you :) I think imma make the switch to the MP10 then with my tank reboot. And I agree, the tank definitely lacks fepth, but that just means I'll have to upgrade whenever we buy a house ;)