Coral Vue Hydros

ArabTanker's Next Chapter - Photo Dump On Every Page

ArabTanker

Jackal_Knight

Just cut some of the skeloton off with bone cutters so it doesn't stick up so much. When they start growing they take off like crazy. I've had mine for about a year and it was just two big polyps for the longest time then a few months ago it started dropping babys now I have six good size heads and a lot of baby's.

Yeah those fish need it t5s your had looked really clean the MH look slick as well. The only thing I'm worry about is that it might be to much light as well have u thought about putting screen mesh top to shade the coral a little. What brand of MH did u get? Just looks like a big box lol

I've been good tanks been on curze control the last 6 months haven't added anything new really just water changes. Then I almost crashed it with a kalk OD but everything bounced back and fine.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cut some of the skeloton off with bone cutters so it doesn't stick up so much. When they start growing they take off like crazy. I've had mine for about a year and it was just two big polyps for the longest time then a few months ago it started dropping babys now I have six good size heads and a lot of baby's.

Yeah those fish need it t5s your had looked really clean the MH look slick as well. The only thing I'm worry about is that it might be to much light as well have u thought about putting screen mesh top to shade the coral a little. What brand of MH did u get? Just looks like a big box lol

I've been good tanks been on curze control the last 6 months haven't added anything new really just water changes. Then I almost crashed it with a kalk OD but everything bounced back and fine.

I might try that. Always been afraid of using those bone cutters on anything but rock.

No I haven't given a top much thought. I went a year with a tank wishing I had stronger lights. Now that I upgraded, I have too much. Kinda annoying haha.

Thats good. I'll check your thread out for updates.

Got the new JB-25 set up in the tank. Mp10 is still in there on reef crest.

I like it. Thanks to Got2envy for the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Who can guess/tell what this new guy is? You'll know if you've been following along for a while.

20140805_163817.jpg

In other news. My nem is bleaching. Go figure.

20140803_214217.jpg

Lawnmaster says it's from too much light. So I unplugged the mh on top of it for a few days. We'll see how it goes. I leave for Egypt in a little over a week so I'm trying to get everything in line.

Egypt damn! Someone is making the big bucks. I would run that tank on the T5's for awhile and get that bta colored back up. You have 4 T5's right?

Egypt damn! Someone is making the big bucks. I would run that tank on the T5's for awhile and get that bta colored back up. You have 4 T5's right?

If I had big bucks I would be going twice a year with the rest of my family haha.

No. Just two. Right now its on a cycle with 2 t5s for 11 hours and 1 mh for 3-4 hours I think.

If I had big bucks I would be going twice a year with the rest of my family haha.

No. Just two. Right now its on a cycle with 2 t5s for 11 hours and 1 mh for 3-4 hours I think.

I would try 10 and 2 MH. See how that works out for you.

Hey guys.

I'll be in Egypt for the next two weeks. Right now I'm trying to prep the tank to be on auto pilot while I'm gone. My dad will be here feeding and checking on the fish. Im mixing up some water for a 5g wc and filtering some rodi in case the ato runs out.

Any suggestions on what to do? Not sure theres much to do at this point but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

NorthGaHillbilly

I've run mh over all my tanks, and it's surely a hold over from early 2000's reefing, but I run my mh for 4.5 hours, I've never run them more than 6. Currently running the mh 4.5 and the t5 12. Looking forward to hearing updates after you get back. Enjoy the trip!

I've run mh over all my tanks, and it's surely a hold over from early 2000's reefing, but I run my mh for 4.5 hours, I've never run them more than 6. Currently running the mh 4.5 and the t5 12. Looking forward to hearing updates after you get back. Enjoy the trip!

Thanks for the insight. I dont find too many people on here running a t5 and mh combo. I'll adjust accordingly.

Thank you. :)

Two weeks, IMO have him feed MAYBR once. Fish will be fine surviving off of pods and algae and such. Jmo

I cant tell if you're drunk.

Hot?

Its 8 am here and its about 76°F. Looking at a high of 93°F at 6pm. 78% humidity.

I just turned off the AC and opened the windows. Im comfortable.

Thanks for the insight. I dont find too many people on here running a t5 and mh combo. I'll adjust accordingly.

Thank you. :)

I cant tell if you're drunk.

i probably was drunk, and am now, but i know i have left my tank for a month + before without feeding and no normal fish would lose weight

Its 8 am here and its about 76°F. Looking at a high of 93°F at 6pm. 78% humidity.

I just turned off the AC and opened the windows. Im comfortable.

how is the big "E" treating you?

i probably was drunk, and am now, but i know i have left my tank for a month + before without feeding and no normal fish would lose weight

how is the big "E" treating you?

I told my pops to feed twice a week.

Treating me well so far. Ive already been fed some amazing food and drank some great fresh lemon-mint juice. No GMOs here so everything just tastes amazeballs without killing you. Im still in Cairo for now, fun begins when we start hitting the beach houses and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Im back guys. Tank isn't looking too bad. My anemone moved under some rocks on the bottom of the tank. A few zoas are bleached but still alive, I think they'll make it. More on the tank later. Enjoy this.

Archived