inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Im alittle late to the party, but Ive been very happy with my Sicce 3.0. I had a 1.5 before and passed it along, got it used as well.

Nice! Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm now thinking I'll try the Sicce Pro. About the same power, but uses less wattage.

In the works. ;):D

Cool! Good luck!
  • Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Just placed a HUGE order with BRS (or at least huge for my broke ass, lol).

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-31%20at%202.26.4

I also ordered a Rio160 to replace the Rio 90 that was running my biopellet reactor (couldn't figure out a good way to plug it into the return pump since the input is on the bottom).

Finally, I ordered one of these. I was close to pulling the trigger on two, but I figured I only needed one for the time being. It's better than the standard DJ USA powerstrip by one channel (nine plugs/switches) and also has a USB plug in for charging. Maybe I'll hook up an old iPhone to it some day for webcasting my tank.

902300.jpg

• Like 7

Yea for blue switches. :)

So time to switch to Salifert kits since I see you ordered the Red Sea refill. Will be interested to hear if you get the Red refill or the crappy orange refill.

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

Yea for blue switches. :)

So time to switch to Salifert kits since I see you ordered the Red Sea refill. Will be interested to hear if you get the Red refill or the crappy orange refill.

Yes, I have salifert, but I really like the Red Sea kits. They're more user friendly and I really like how the Alk is just one reagent.

While I'm waiting for my stuff to arrive, here's a cool thing I noticed last night. Check out this acan head with two mouths!

double%20acan%202015.04.01_zpsuhmv6rw1.j

Also, can anyone help ID my new rainbow frag?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/359637-id-rainbow-frag/#entry4996214

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, Mr. M!

Beautiful cube! I missed the rebirth process but BOY! it looks awesome.

I bet you are wiping your little man's fingerprints off of it more than ever!

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Hello, Mr. M!

Beautiful cube! I missed the rebirth process but BOY! it looks awesome.

I bet you are wiping your little man's fingerprints off of it more than ever!

Thank you E! Been dealing with a lot of equipment failures lately which lead to a huge algae outbreak. I'm on the upswing though.

Yes, there's always some kind of prints on there. At least he's stopped licking the tank now. LOL!

• Like 3

Thank you E! Been dealing with a lot of equipment failures lately which lead to a huge algae outbreak. I'm on the upswing though.

Yes, there's always some kind of prints on there. At least he's stopped licking the tank now. LOL!

The equipment is my least favorite part of the hobby, but my husband's favorite. We are well matched! ;)

He stopped licking it because you stopped using "snosberry" flavored glass cleaner. :D

I am so glad all is well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

looking at your 2/26 FTS on the first page. man that hurlock looks good! :D

TY Roger! I've been really lazy about updates lately since I've had so many equipment issues. It lead to a huge GHA outbreak, but I've now recovered. The Hurlock has been a tank throughout the whole ordeal and continued to grow from all sides. I'll grab another shot of it soon and compare it to a pic from a while ago for growth. I'm way overdue for an update with FTS, etc.
  • Like 6
TheKleinReef

TY Roger! I've been really lazy about updates lately since I've had so many equipment issues. It lead to a huge GHA outbreak, but I've now recovered. The Hurlock has been a tank throughout the whole ordeal and continued to grow from all sides. I'll grab another shot of it soon and compare it to a pic from a while ago for growth. I'm way overdue for an update with FTS, etc.

glad to hear you recovered from the GHA!

that hurlock was one of very few SPS to survive and grow through all the tank issues I faced in the spring and summer.

hardy, and beautiful.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

What did you do to beet the gha? I've got some and some bryopsis rearing its ugly head all the sudden

I was able to get my biopellets back on line (after a couple months without them) after replacing the pump on my tumbler. I also replaced my return pump which allowed me to do water changes. Once I reduced nutrients, I was easily able to remove the GHA by hand while it was in a weakened state. It has not since returned.

Now, I just have to deal with the stupid turf algae. That stuff is really stubborn and much less susceptible to lower nutrients.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

I've gone though a lot of changes in the last few months. For starters, I've replaced my Mag 3 return pump (nearly dead) with a new Sicce Syncra Pro 550GPH. I gotta say the Sicce is amazingly quiet! I can't hear it at all while running. My return line is now T-ed off into my carbon reactor taking the place of a Maxijet 900 that broke. I also have a new pump on my biopellet tumbler. So, I am again using All-In-One Biopellets.

sump%20mod%202015.04.30_zpseltnjmww.jpg

Additionally, I've added a 9-channel powerstrip with on/off rocker switches. It also has a USB port that I one day plan to use to plug in an old iPhone to use as a webcam.

The rocker switches really make maintenance easier as I no longer need to physically unplug things which is a bigger pain that it should be.

powerstrip%202015.04.30_zpsux1n3jzt.jpg

Here's my latest FTS taken just a few days ago:

FTS%202014.04.28_zpspl8na2cj.jpg

Sadly though, the tank no longer looks like that.

I'll give you two guesses why most of my acros are no longer mounted to the main display rock:

AEFW%20Treatment_zpsqdexfkp4.jpg

and why I had to do this to both my bubble gum milli colony and palmers blue:

bbg%20milli%202015.04.30_zpsq19hn3sv.jpg

and why I may have lost my Ice Fire Echinata.....

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

I was planning to like your post until I read the last sentence. Sorry about the SPS. Hope things recover.

lol, you can like it. No worries. I'm fighting the good fight.
  • Like 4
eitallent

If everything were always to go as we plan life would be too boring! :rolleyes:

Sorry that you are going through a rough patch. I like your attitude though. Get your dukes up and fight the good fight! :)

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the aefw. A constant struggle. Happens to the best of us. Or in my case I've had them before, twice. :/

• Like 1