Pod Your Reef

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

take pictures before you call the poh-lice.

Oh yeah, I will. Nothing so far. Probably won't find it. Maybe a pawn shop or craigslist. I'm hunting, still.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New FTS:

TJGSuo5.jpg

Excuse the haze - I had just scraped the sides a bit. Also, this is on my iphone, so the camera sucks for tanks.

Any new reefcleaners? ;) looks good!

Not yet! lol - been too busy to alter the scape at all. I've been looking at inspirations online and that xiaoxiy video was amazing - I'm thinking I might be able to make a nice rock wall kind of deal that will allow for lots of coral placement. Plus my wife likes the rockwall set ups more than the minimalist designs, so she'll lie it more too

You're def havta have to move that Kenya tree to the back in like 6 months it'll be twice as tall as your rock work in the back heh. Tanks def progressing nicely though liking your choice of softies

Looking good, Tibbsy!

You're def havta have to move that Kenya tree to the back in like 6 months it'll be twice as tall as your rock work in the back heh. Tanks def progressing nicely though liking your choice of softies

Lol, right? That kenya tree exploded. I'm going to rotate the rock work here soon and it will be moved then. The GSP is starting to leave it's space and encrust on the surrounding rock, but interestingly, it's growing less out and more up - the polyps are getting taller and longer. I've never seen that? I hope that's a healthy growth?

Lol, right? That kenya tree exploded. I'm going to rotate the rock work here soon and it will be moved then. The GSP is starting to leave it's space and encrust on the surrounding rock, but interestingly, it's growing less out and more up - the polyps are getting taller and longer. I've never seen that? I hope that's a healthy growth?

Gsp is funny because there are a bunch of different varieties. I have some that likes to grow on macro algae but is slow to encrust on rocks, some that barely grows at all and another that grows like mad. Growths growth you're probably fine imo.

HAPPY BIRFDAY DOC!!!

Thanks kat! Dirty thirty was a bit crazy. Glad to be heading home from the Twin Cities. Between my buddy's bachelor party and my 30th... Whew.

Thanks!

As of today I am a marine microbiologist. Whoa. That's weird to say (type?).

That is AWESOME! well deserved.

HarryPotter

Thanks!

As of today I am a marine microbiologist. Whoa. That's weird to say (type?).

Congratulations! I think a photo-shoot is in order ;)

Thanks folks - very little time right now but I have a question...

My zoas seem to be stretching? I had always heard it was a lighting issue, but my NB is cranking out a pretty good level of light and the zoas are right in the middle... My rics have closed up almost completely because of a flow pattern change. Bah! Not sure what to do yet.

As per Ben's suggestion, I have altered my Tide settings. Ramp time to maximum (3hrs) and I have increased each channel by 12 points. If in a week the corals are still unhappy, I will increase again.

I've been working on a new scape for the tank. I've been tinkering a bit and I think I may have a option down. I find it hard to balance the scape with flow - Corals all need a specific place to be happy and I try to maximize the color balance in the tank with coral requirements (flow, warfare, etc.). Very difficult. I used Teeny's 10 as inspiration for this but it's a work in progress. I don't know where it will end up.

So far:

s8jFEgW.jpg

9EZ6TQD.jpg

From the top down:

YWMGDrU.jpg

My goal is for the tank to end up looking somewhat like this:

Front view (also inb4 dick jokes)

5Bghj1m.jpg

Top down with better labels

3Rm58h5.jpg

Your drawings look like bacteria, Doc. :P

That or SpongeBob cartoons.... that was my first thought :)

I'll take both of these as compliments, especially since it was a quick sketch ;)

I'll take both of these as compliments, especially since it was a quick sketch ;)

Add a little color and it totally is a sponge bob still.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived