Coral Vue Hydros

tibbsy07 IM10

tibbsy07

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

Finding a job is effing brutal. So disheartening. Blech. Taking lots of time to apply and create custom resumes/cover letters, without even emails to say "sorry no thanks" or anything. It's tough. Yes, I have a current job and that technically will last for up to 2 years, but the money isn't great. I'm 30, working on starting a family, I've been slugging it out for no money for long enough. It's taking 12-18 months for people in my field to find a job, apparently, and big time moves cross country are often required.

That being said, I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think it's time to slowly take the tank down. I'm not enjoying it right now - between the lack of time I have for basic maintenance, even less time to sit and enjoy the tank, working at this new job and trying to work on getting another job lined up - it's not worth it. I really REALLY dislike the tank itself and looking at the scape irritates me. I have no time, patience or money to make this work right now.

I'm going to start locally and try to sell off my stuff, as it'll be easier in terms of time management for me, as people can come pick up stuff rather than me having to drive somewhere to ship it. Anything that doesn't sell locally I'll put up here when the time comes.

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you have some other priorities. Good luck with everything!

Finding a job is effing brutal. So disheartening. Blech. Taking lots of time to apply and create custom resumes/cover letters, without even emails to say "sorry no thanks" or anything. It's tough. Yes, I have a current job and that technically will last for up to 2 years, but the money isn't great. I'm 30, working on starting a family, I've been slugging it out for no money for long enough. It's taking 12-18 months for people in my field to find a job, apparently, and big time moves cross country are often required.

That being said, I've been doing a lot of thinking and I think it's time to slowly take the tank down. I'm not enjoying it right now - between the lack of time I have for basic maintenance, even less time to sit and enjoy the tank, working at this new job and trying to work on getting another job lined up - it's not worth it. I really REALLY dislike the tank itself and looking at the scape irritates me. I have no time, patience or money to make this work right now.

I'm going to start locally and try to sell off my stuff, as it'll be easier in terms of time management for me, as people can come pick up stuff rather than me having to drive somewhere to ship it. Anything that doesn't sell locally I'll put up here when the time comes.

Sorry to hear that man...wish you the best and hope you can come back when things settle down

Thanks folks. I'm sure i'll be back to it sometime, hopefully by next christmas. Ill be around here from time to time, too. I still love reefs but i just cant have one right now.

Good Luck! I know how disappointing it is when you don't even get a sorry no thanks. I got let go from a j ob recently after working 2 weeks. they said "you're over qualified".

That sucks Sunstar. Sorry to hear that :(

My wife thinks I should go to an all coral pico kind of thing. I dunno. Trying to get the current corals all off and replacing them somewhere else and everything just seems like such a hassle. She thinks I'll be unhappy without a tank and I probably will be - all things considered, dismantling probably means I don't have a tank for a year or two from now. Ah well. Such is life I suppose.

Sorry to hear you're giving up your tank but it sounds like its for all the right reasons - better job, starting a family, etc..

I have to confess I've hardly ever given up any aquarium-related equipment in over 40 years in this hobby. It all just goes in boxes in the attic and practically everything gets brought back out and reused eventually. The nice thing about keeping things is you always have the option to start up again when circumstances change. Don't worry, you'll be wet again, probably sooner than you think :)

Sorry to hear you're giving up your tank but it sounds like its for all the right reasons - better job, starting a family, etc..

I have to confess I've hardly ever given up any aquarium-related equipment in over 40 years in this hobby. It all just goes in boxes in the attic and practically everything gets brought back out and reused eventually. The nice thing about keeping things is you always have the option to start up again when circumstances change. Don't worry, you'll be wet again, probably sooner than you think :)

This is what my wife was thinking - going to a coral only pico. Sell the IM set up, keep my light and go back to the 5.5g set up before but with a better tank/scape. I have everything ready to go except the tank. I could basically downgrade. We'll see. It's been a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

Hermit crab in a Betta cube. Problem solved.

Ew. No. ;)

Man, taking this down is harder than I thought it was going to be. I go through "yeah, I need to get this out of here" and then "NO I MUST HAVE THIS TANK" back and forth.

My two fish are pending. The rest will slowly come down as it all moves forward. No hurry, just going to remove stuff as it is sold.

Spec iii

Easiest tank to care for that I have ever owned without a doubt

Tibbsy is a bit anal about wanting to clean the back chambers. No pun intended. He can't do that properly in the 10G he has now, Spec III is out of the question.

Spec iii

Easiest tank to care for that I have ever owned without a doubt

No tanks in the near future. Not sure when I'll have a tank again.

Tibbsy is a bit anal about wanting to clean the back chambers. No pun intended. He can't do that properly in the 10G he has now, Spec III is out of the question.

CrRjPwp.jpg

I don't like the rear chambers for a number of reasons, cleaning is only one of them. That's not the driving move behind the tank tear-down.

Well he just needs to get over his anal-ness

Can't stop won't stop ;)

• 4 months later...
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 IM10

Archived