CURRENT FTS:

27559035972_892e7466e6_c.jpg

• Tank: Eheim Aquastyle 9G
  • Sump: Mr. Aqua 7G
  • Flow/Filtration: Ecotech MP10, Eheim Compact+ 2000
  • Lighting: Nanobox Tide w/ Bluefish Mini
  • Heating: 200w Jager
  • Like 22

I've had this tank set up for about a month now. I set this tank up to replace my recently departed Mini S. The tank crashed pretty hard and I was only able to salvage a few zoas and some rics which are now scattered around this tank.

For this tank I'm going for mostly macroalgae. All the coral you see is about all I plan on getting except maybe some choice corallimorphs.

Two days ago I introduced a tailspot blenny after a few weeks in qt. Seems to be doing well!

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Justind823/media/9e4b5146-8169-47c0-b1bc-a4c3b620bff0_zpse1982f9e.jpg.html'>9e4b5146-8169-47c0-b1bc-a4c3b620bff0_zps

• Like 3

Looks fantastic for one month. Rocks are very unique.

The frogspawn might bet too big though and shade the lower regions later. Maybe move it down a level.

Looks fantastic for one month. Rocks are very unique.

The frogspawn might bet too big though and shade the lower regions later. Maybe move it down a level.

Thanks, yea it's just two nice big pieces stacked up.

I like having the frogspawn as a center piece for the moment but I may move it eventually.

I'm pumped about the order I have coming from live-plants tomorrow! I bought a few different species of macroalgae and a gorgonian (I wanted something purple.)

I've never ordered from them before but I've heard good things.

• Like 1

B E A utiful! Looks great! Love that frogspawn as a centerpiece...

Thanks! Frogspawn has always been my favorite.

Love it man

Thank you sir

Another pic of the set up

IMG_2273-1_zps7080303d.jpg

I made a little LED yesterday out of some leds, a heatsink and a driver I had in my scrap box. I'm going to use this to grow a magrove pod and ulva in the sump as food for my tailspot. The fish seems to have a taste for it so hopefully it all goes according to plan...

• Like 3

Looks really great justin.Glad to see you have another build. Youll enjoy your order from live-plants they are super generous in the amount they ship. Just a heads up though the bags are going to be super funky...(dead/dying macro smells like garbage truck juice)

Looks really great justin.Glad to see you have another build. Youll enjoy your order from live-plants they are super generous in the amount they ship. Just a heads up though the bags are going to be super funky...(dead/dying macro smells like garbage truck juice)

Thanks hype. Yeah I of course couldnt wait to set up another tank!

I've gotten macro in the mail before so I know exactly what you mean... :wacko:

Good start. Nice centerpiece with the froggy. Looking forward to more!

Thanks me too! I'll post some pictures of the new macro tomorrow.

If you ordered anything more than 3 plants, you will run out of room. I ordered 8 and ended up giving most of it away.

I did but I'm not worried about it. I want it to be a jungle in there!

Yea you werent kidding about the amount of macro they send! I ended up putting the excess in a rubbermaid with a heater and powerhead I had laying around.

I put a good amount in the tank though. Looking mighty fine! The lights just turned on so I'll post some pics up later.

ANYWAYS,

You guys like fishpics?

IMG_2289_zps8625b43c.jpg

IMG_2291_zps109c182e.jpg

IMG_2293_zps6892d843.jpg

• Like 7

Really nice photography skills! Is the FTS in your OP current after the macro order? It looks so good with the Frogspawn as a centerpiece - you should try to keep that element imo. Euphyllia is my favorite LPS too, but I'm partial to Hammers.

Can you take some shots of the Rics that got transplanted from your crashed Mini S? Once the lights come back on and all that...

Really nice photography skills! Is the FTS in your OP current after the macro order? It looks so good with the Frogspawn as a centerpiece - you should try to keep that element imo. Euphyllia is my favorite LPS too, but I'm partial to Hammers.

Can you take some shots of the Rics that got transplanted from your crashed Mini S? Once the lights come back on and all that...

No it's not a current shot. I should be able to post and fts tomorrow when the lights are on. I've been meaning to anyway.

That frogspawn isnt moving, no worries there!

I'll try but they are very small. The bullseye from my mini s died off and from that a few pieces managed to survive. I just let them loose in the new tank so they are sitting in difficult to shoot places but I'll see what I can do.

I just had a chance to go through your old Mini S thread... what a bummer it crashed... absolutely stunning tank and makes me even more excited about the potential grow-out and photography on your current Macro Tank. Saw some of those beautiful Rics too... would still like a current pic :rolleyes:

Also you should be wicked proud of that DIY reactor :wub: - did you ever get to use it? Make a build thread for it? Make me one. Thanksss B)

Yea it's a shame it crashed...

I wasnt able to get a good pic the tiny rics. Tough spots too shoot unfortunately.

Haha yea that little reactor was a fun little project. I only ran it for a few days with freshwater and never got around to actually plugging it into the system. It's sitting in a drawer now waiting for the day I have a pico tank in need.

I took some other pics today, mind you these are all hand held macro shots so they could be cleaner.

IMG_2319_zps77df64b1.jpg

IMG_2310_zpsbcb36bd2.jpg

• Like 1