Top Shelf Aquatics

Justin's Mixed 9G

Justind823

Why herro tharr :)

Tank looks great Justin! the magicians are sweet...I can't keep Hawaiian PE's for some reason :(

OHHHH Hello

Thanks! I love the magicians too, they been growing nicely for sometime now started as a 3 polyp frag.

The PE's are hit or miss with me, hopefully these stick around.

• 1 month later...

Happy new year!

Had my heaters crap out on me over the holidays so I've got this massive one I had laying around in the display atm. Won't fit in the little tupperware sump. Also, I replaced the overflow with a simple elbow and has been running well for about a month now. OH and as you can see I got that mp10 :naughtydance:

11810290516_7359fba00d_o.jpg
IMG_4389 by Justind823, on Flickr

• Like 4

Gorgeous! Do you have any fish? Maybe I'm just blind :P

Hah no I don't see any fish in there either.

I had a tailspot blenny in there when I first started the tank. He did well for a few months and then just stopped eating one day. Wouldnt touch anything I gave him and I tried everything.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 10g tank I've been looking at. It would really just be a scaled up version of this tank, the dimensions are a couple inches bigger on all sides. I'd like the extra water volume and I'd also like to get a pink streaked wrasse. I had one a while back and I loved it.

Happy New Year :).

Still looks fabulous :wub:.

How the hell have I not seen this beautiful tank. congrats on this work of art!

Thanks guys!

Here's how it sits in the living room.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/11810282216/'>11810282216_1a97da1236_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98067070@N03/11810282216/'>IMG_4385 by http://www.flickr.com/people/98067070@N03/'>Justind823, on Flickr

• Like 5

I forbid you to upgrade :P.

Love that room shot!

Haha I'm still deciding. It will be the same scape and everything - just a direct transfer to a larger cube. :D

It's a nice view from the couch.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Dont upgrade just get another tank.

Haha I'm still deciding. It will be the same scape and everything - just a direct transfer to a larger cube. :D

I understand this now since I'm considering upgrading my pico. Sometimes you gotta do what's best for the inhabitants no matter how much you like the current setup :).

Dont upgrade just get another tank.

That would really be the best but unfortunately I don't have the time or space for two reef tanks. The tank I'm upgrading to is pretty much the max size for the spot the current tank is in and it's really the only spot in the apt. for it.

I understand this now since I'm considering upgrading my pico. Sometimes you gotta do what's best for the inhabitants no matter how much you like the current setup :).

Pico upgrade already? More room for flower nems!

Anyways, it will probably be awhile before I finally make the upgrade happen. Very busy with work.

I did start using kalk in my ato a couple weeks ago and I believe I am seeing a slight color increase in the coral. :D Definitely helping in stability during the week in between weekend water changes.

• Like 1

Pico upgrade already? More room for flower nems!

Anyways, it will probably be awhile before I finally make the upgrade happen. Very busy with work.

I did start using kalk in my ato a couple weeks ago and I believe I am seeing a slight color increase in the coral. :D Definitely helping in stability during the week in between weekend water changes.

Yeah, already :). The flowers I have now are so crowded...they need more space! I want to start putting kalk in my ATO as well, but will wait until I upgrade.

upgrade=more room for coral=more awesome

o and how loud is that overflow?

Not loud at all. I really don't have that much water moving through it. It's as loud as it was when I had the glass holes overflow box on it which is pretty quiet.

Got a new acan frag with some store credit. Last new thing that goes in the tank before the upgrade. (That's what I'm going with anyway)

13138386645_cbec5ce7d1_b.jpg
IMG_4465 by Justind823, on Flickr
  • Like 2

So....some news for this tank.

Turns out the small earthquake the other day was just enough to crack the back panel of my tank. I came home to a wet floor and an empty tank at the end of the day. There must have already been some stress on the back of the tank with the plumbing and combined with the thin glass it didn't take much.

Luckily, since I had already planned to upgrade this tank I had everything I needed to switch the livestock over. I acted fast and didn't loose anything.

Here's the current fts:

13295863634_1f806af830_b.jpg

I won't be drilling this one. The glass on this tank is thicker but I'm afraid to drill it after this experience. I'll be making a few things to clean up the display.

Anyway, I have today off from work so I've been working on the new stand and other than the inside of it, I'm finished.

13295837254_98dd7f0aa4_b.jpg

13295636733_380604c6d0_b.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the tank crash but im glad you were able to recover without any losses. Im looking forward to the new tank... the stand is killer.

• Like 2

Thanks hype! I made some more progress after the post. I ran most of the wire and mounted the light tower and then moved the tank over.

I'll have more pictures soon

• Like 1

I'm so glad you didn't lose anything!!!!! The new tank looks fantastic. You were right, it's just an upgrade and it still looks awesome :). Love the stand!

• Like 1