Coral Vue Hydros

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

Ha I'm sure everyone wants to know my history... My whole family is super religious and yeah they are ministers and work for the church. At one time I even thought I would be a preacher. Couldn't be further from the reality. I could go on and on about that, but its not really fishy...

Oh, I was down visiting my family a while back and I showed my uncle (who is a minister) my aquarium. He said 'the non believers tried to prove evolution by measuring the rate at which corals grow'. OMG I asked him about carbon dating. He didn't have much to say about that. I will agree that anything is POSSIBLE, but that's entirely why I cannot devote my whole life to something if there's an unknown factor involved. Just doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha I'm sure everyone wants to know my history... My whole family is super religious and yeah they are ministers and work for the church. At one time I even thought I would be a preacher. Couldn't be further from the reality. I could go on and on about that, but its not really fishy...

Oh, I was down visiting my family a while back and I showed my uncle (who is a minister) my aquarium. He said 'the non believers tried to prove evolution by measuring the rate at which corals grow'. OMG I asked him about carbon dating. He didn't have much to say about that. I will agree that anything is POSSIBLE, but that's entirely why I cannot devote my whole life to something if there's an unknown factor involved. Just doesn't make any sense.

I totally agree with your belief system, pschom.

My family is the polar opposite of yours. Although most of us go to church we go with respectful differences. With the exception of a few most of my family are all scientists and we do believe in the theory of evolution. The theory of gravity is a theory to but it does not make gravity any less real. ;)

Strangely, none of us are atheists, but deeply spiritual. We mostly believe that science is a tool to explain the real world around us and has nothing to do with our spirituality.

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~ [><((((<('>* * *

In fish news, Mindy the Clownfish has decided to host the Ricordeas! She is nibbling on the outer tentacles but the Ric seems unaffected by the attention. :)

Cool! Ricordeas seem like a good choice for the clownfish to host :)

I hope so. I am not sure how the Ricordeas will fare with all the attention. Time will tell!

She has been at it all day. Here mouth has lost all pigment and looks swollen. She has Mick Jagger lips!

The music track is not on there yet which is a shame! But I wanted to share it now.

I LOVE the video! I guarantee you the rics will get used to it. They may get ticked for a bit and then will get over it. My female clown hosts in my zoas and she rubs all over them all day everyday and they don't mind in the least anymore. They don't even close any polyps when she rubs all over them.

Mindy's lips look hilarious! I guess the rics are stinging her?

Omg...that's hilarious! Looks like she's suckling the ricordea. :lol: Those pink lips are too much LOL. I wonder if she's ingesting the slime that comes off the ric???? So bizarre.

I do not know why she is actually sucking on the Rics, but I wish a Clownfish behavioralist would get on here and discuss it!

We will have to call her Hot Lips Houlihan from now on... :lol:

She was still doing this as the lights went out. I think the Rics are stinging her. If she were a person I bet she would love ghost chili peppers!

I hope she doesn't harm herself with this behavior!

Oh, in other news, Skipper managed to get through the teeth in the surface skimmer on the overflow box. I found him wedged but alive in the media basket. I fish proofed the box with clear netting that I got to make a screen canopy before I got the glass.

Thank goodness I found him quickly. And do you know that dopey fish swam right for the overflow as soon as he was rescued?!

Silly Skipper. :rolleyes:

No, we do not, Gena. :)

My heart almost stopped when I saw him wedged in between the glass and media basket motionless.

He acts so relaxed about most things that I think he decided to nap until I found him! :lol:

Yay! The music is on the Hot Lips video finally. :lol:

This morning the rock flower anemone had inched its way out of the sand an onto the front glass. I realized it was getting as far away as it could from the Xenia.

The Xenia had turned dark and the skin was coming off of its stems. I removed it immediately so that it would not foul the water. It was already struggling in the 12 gallon nano and the stress of the move was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was sad to see it go but I still have a little baby piece that budded off and is doing fine.

The temp on this larger system is running about 3 degrees higher than the 12 gallon system. My fans stopped working because of salt creep. I will have to devise an alternate way of mounting them. Please feel free to place helpful tips in the suggestion box. :)

BTW Skipper is still in the DT after I fish proofed the overflow box.

Also, Mindy's lips are raw and now sort of fuzzy looking. One of her gills is swollen and blood red. :unsure:

Whew! I'm glad skipper is ok! He's just too cute. I have my very own citron goby now, but I don't think he's as cute as Skipper.

I hope your clownfish is ok! Do you think its all stings from the ricordea? I hope she's not sick or something and that it clears up.

I am glad Skipper is OK. :)

Na ah! I think all Citrons are just as cute as Skipper. I can't wait to see what kind of personality yours has. :D

Mindy, the clown has now lost interest in the Ric. She still visits but no more nibbling. Her mouth looks better this afternoon than it did this AM. Her right gill looks awful. It is inflamed and beet red. I hope the swelling goes down on its own because I do not have an ice pack that small! :lol:

I am glad Skipper is OK. :)

Na ah! I think all Citrons are just as cute as Skipper. I can't wait to see what kind of personality yours has. :D

Mindy, the clown has now lost interest in the Ric. She still visits but no more nibbling. Her mouth looks better this afternoon than it did this AM. Her right gill looks awful. It is inflamed and beet red. I hope the swelling goes down on its own because I do not have an ice pack that small! :lol:

I sure hope my new clown gobies have great personalities like Skipper. The Citron I got is more the tan/orange color like Skipper instead of the bright yellow you see sometimes. So far everyone is hiding and the lights are out right now so its hard to see them.

I'm glad she's leaving the ric alone! It was cute until she started injuring herself. Apparently she needs to pick a different host. Maybe she'll go for some zoanthids soon like my clown. I sure hope that gill heals up quickly. Poor thing!

Now she is in love with her reflection in the back corner! :lol:

She is eating and acting normally... well for a clownfish. I filmed her antics again today.

I could watch these fish all day long. What a hoot!

Now she is in love with her reflection in the back corner! :lol:

She is eating and acting normally... well for a clownfish. I filmed her antics again today.

I could watch these fish all day long. What a hoot!

Clownfish are such weird little fish. I'm glad she seems to be doing fine. She must just have irritated her gill and I'm sure it will go back to normal now that she's not snuggling with the ricordeas :lol: I can't wait to see another video.

I'm glad that your fish are recovering after their ordeals. Silly fish, don't they know we worry? I love the music from your video, so funny. It reminds me of the muppets. :)

I'm glad that your fish are recovering after their ordeals. Silly fish, don't they know we worry? I love the music from your video, so funny. It reminds me of the muppets. :)

Thanks, Cynthia. I laugh when I hear that music. Mindy's gill is less inflamed but she is still wearing lipstick. :lol:

I just noticed your new avatar. It looks so nice. I wish I could see the full sized picture. :)

Ha. Like your reference to Margaret. I love MASH. When Don died for the next 2 mos I borrowed my dad's dvd set and watched all the episodes. I needed to laugh, you know?

I'm kinda thinking the stinging feeling she got must been kinda tickling, entrancing or erotic or something cuz looks like she just kept going back for more. But glad she stopped. You know what it also reminds me of? When people have on glasses and they're white and then they're tan everywhere else. How much their eyes stand out.

Ha, love M*A*S*H! We watch it as much as we can. :)

Mork is sleeping in the Ricordea tonight. Mindy is a little wary of it now. Once bitten twice shy!

Clownfish are such weird little fish. I'm glad she seems to be doing fine. She must just have irritated her gill and I'm sure it will go back to normal now that she's not snuggling with the ricordeas :lol: I can't wait to see another video.

I am having a bit o' trouble with the internet tonight! What else is new. I will try to upload it in the AM. Mindy is hilarious!

Thanks, Cynthia. I laugh when I hear that music. Mindy's gill is less inflamed but she is still wearing lipstick. :lol:

I just noticed your new avatar. It looks so nice. I wish I could see the full sized picture. :)

Your request is easily granted. This is a picture of my paternal grandmother on her wedding day. My mother scanned it a few years ago from a picture that belonged to my uncle. They were married some time in 1922; no one left alive remembers the exact date anymore.

ann%2520cook.jpg

Wow! Beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. Your gran had elegance and style. They really knew how to make a wedding train back then. Gorgeous!

The furniture is wonderful too. I even notice the pillow under her foot. Nothing is spared in pampering the bride. :happy:

Thank you.

Wow! Beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. Your gran had elegance and style. They really knew how to make a wedding train back then. Gorgeous!

The furniture is wonderful too. I even notice the pillow under her foot. Nothing is spared in pampering the bride. :happy:

Thank you.

Yeah, life was good before the great depression. :)

Your request is easily granted. This is a picture of my paternal grandmother on her wedding day. My mother scanned it a few years ago from a picture that belonged to my uncle. They were married some time in 1922; no one left alive remembers the exact date anymore.

ann%20cook.jpg

That's gorgeous!

ann%2520cook.jpg

Wow! This is a gorgeous photo!

Archived