Cultivated Reef

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which macros are stringy? Are you playing any Barry White?

Lol, I only play Barry on "special" occasions. :)

man that is so sick with the bonzai design and the sps all ontop and the rics all underneath.... so sweet....

Thanks Tron! I'm really liking the new Radion. Its hard to tell from the crappy pics, but the colors in the coral are much better. I still have it set on Natural for 12 hous at 100%.

They look so awesome side by side. :wub:

Why thank you so much Miss Kat! :)

Looks AMAZING!!!! My favorite pieces are the big pink and green here. What are those?????

Thank you Gena!!! Those are just ordinary stylos, I got them from.......well......you know. :)

I havent been in here in a while, and I'm stunned! That is an awesome side by side setup you got goin on there, I am throughly jelous!

Thanks SD!!!! :)

Killer coral placement. I love how the stylo looks like it is floating :) Really nice job!

Thanks Pod! They were all small frags when I put them there, I guess I just got lucky. Fortunately I have had very little coral warfare.......so far.

:lol:

Some macros will get stringy like that when they wanna have sexy fun time.

Macro sex is not allowed in my tank!

Although I do not have a beatng stick......

Oh, forgot to mention I just placed an order for three fishies from Reef Hot Spot. I don't think I've heard of anybody ordering from them, so I guess I took a chance........ :o

Blue spotted jaw fish, hellfreaks fire fish and a swiss basslett.

omgomgomg Epic stocking list!

I was thinking about trying a blue spot for my fuge, but im worried he'd gobble up the large pods.. I tried one a couple years back, but it ended up going to what seemed like brooklynella around 8 months in :tears: He was one hell of a looker with an amazing personality to boot, I wish the best for yours!

omgomgomg Epic stocking list!

I was thinking about trying a blue spot for my fuge, but im worried he'd gobble up the large pods.. I tried one a couple years back, but it ended up going to what seemed like brooklynella around 8 months in :tears: He was one hell of a looker with an amazing personality to boot, I wish the best for yours!

Thanks! There is not much info on these BSJ's. I've tried to read every thing I can get my hands on, so I'll see what happens......

Most folks loose them to jumping out and the dreaded BSJ disease, but nobody really knows what that is. <_<

I did make a little PVC u tube house for him.

I've been only reading my pm's so I missed all of this! Wow! First off, those two tanks look stunning next to each other. I bet that is such an amazing room to sit in and just enjoy the tank view now. Also, I really love how the RSM is looking with just the rics along the bottom and the SPS at the top. Stunning! I wish I had planned out my scape that well!

Second, great choice for new fish! I hope they arrive safe and sound! Having fish shipped terrifies me. I can't wait for photos.

Also, you do have WAY too many red macro algaes now. The blue ochtodes are going to go great in there to balance out the colors. I sent you a nice big clump to counteract all that red.

I see your finally getting a hellfreak...they're so cool. Sucks though I think my pistol killed mine after the move...she went into a new dart hole that probably cinnected to its burrow...ugh

WOW!!!! This looks amazing!!!!!! Love your rescaping and floaty layers.

Thanks PC!

I've been only reading my pm's so I missed all of this! Wow! First off, those two tanks look stunning next to each other. I bet that is such an amazing room to sit in and just enjoy the tank view now. Also, I really love how the RSM is looking with just the rics along the bottom and the SPS at the top. Stunning! I wish I had planned out my scape that well!

Second, great choice for new fish! I hope they arrive safe and sound! Having fish shipped terrifies me. I can't wait for photos.

Also, you do have WAY too many red macro algaes now. The blue ochtodes are going to go great in there to balance out the colors. I sent you a nice big clump to counteract all that red.

Thanks Felicia!!! Yep I need some color balance on those macros!!!! Way excited for some blue plants in there. :)

Ohhhh...a hellfreak :lol: Awesome fish selection. The basslet will be my favorite :) Now you and Matt will be the only ones with swissguards...that I know of!

Lol, I've never seen any of those fish in person. Don't know why more people don't have those basslets???

Wasn't AJ thinking of getting a pair?

20130225_150222_zps86ecf3cb.jpg

Predicting future TOTM. Beautiful.

I don't know about that.......but thanks!!!!!

I see your finally getting a hellfreak...they're so cool. Sucks though I think my pistol killed mine after the move...she went into a new dart hole that probably cinnected to its burrow...ugh

I remember when you got it! All of the firefish seem very colorful to me, but I like those the best......at least from all the pictures I've seen. :)

Great and coral placement. It has grown out nicely. Dude keep up the good work. Straight up awesome bonsai style.

Thanks man! I finally have that bonsai look I was going for a year ago. :)

Nm of a ric guy but your ric garden looks pretty sweet And of course love the sps

Lol, I love sps, but I also love rics and zoas. Thanks for the compliment!

Wow this looks amazing!!! TOTM for sure! I really dig the scape!

Thanks Johny!

Wow, thanks AMAYEU!!! But I could name at least ten other tanks on here that are more deserving than mine, besides I don't even have an F'ing camera, LOL. :)

No one has ever gotten TOTM with crappy pictures!

And speaking of crappy pictures........I'll try and post some tonight. :)

I got about 50lbs of beautiful dry rockfrom John @ Reefcleaners and then took a hammer to it. :)
nice. Notice any phosphate leaching or anything? How many lbs do u think u actually used in ur display?

I think this phosphate thing is a myth, at least for this mined dry rock that comes from Florida. I had read about this and was veryconcerned about it, but I don't think there is anything to it.

I got another 30 lbs to make the curent structure for the Solona.

I would guess that I used about 20lbs for each one.

I think this phosphate thing is a myth, at least for this mined dry rock that comes from Florida. I had read about this and was veryconcerned about it, but I don't think there is anything to it.

I got another 30 lbs to make the curent structure for the Solona.

I would guess that I used about 20lbs for each one.

alright thank you!

Looking forward to some action in the twins this weekend!

Macros from Felicia, cuc from John, fish from Reef hot spot and corals from Cherry.

Archived