SaltCritters.com

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

Looking forward to some action in the twins this weekend!

Macros from Felicia, cuc from John, fish from Reef hot spot and corals from Cherry.

Did the macros get there yesterday like they were supposed to?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the macros get there yesterday like they were supposed to?

Wierd......just as I was clicking on this, my daughter called and said your macros arrived!!!!

Can wait to get home and see em!!! Thanks Felicia!!!!

Hopefully I can repay the favor soon!!!!! :)

Sup Spiro! Long time man.

Tank looks awesome!

Excuse me........do I know you?

Oh its you Pablo! Where the F have you been???? How's the tank??

Wierd......just as I was clicking on this, my daughter called and said your macros arrived!!!!

Can wait to get home and see em!!! Thanks Felicia!!!!

Hopefully I can repay the favor soon!!!!! :)

Great! I'm glad they made it there. Hopefully the extra day didn't hurt them any since I expected them to arrive yesterday. Macros are pretty hardy though so they should be fine. Let me know how they look.

And no rush of course :)

I just got home and floated them for a while and put them in the tank!

The red grape, I think that what it is..... looks great and the blue octo kinda fell apart, but I think it will be OK......

I can't thank you enough!!!! Hopefully I'll make it worth your while soon!!!! :)

I still need to send a bunch to Maria, hopefully this week if I can get off work early, pack up some frags and get to the shipper by 5:00.

I got my shipping supplies a couple of days ago!!!!!

Excuse me........do I know you?

Oh its you Pablo! Where the F have you been???? How's the tank??

LOL,

Everything has been good man. Tank is doing well, just put up a update vid couple days ago. Just got busy with other projects at home!

I will try and check in periodically now :)

How is the chilid tank? I see the reef is looking spectacular!

LOL,

Everything has been good man. Tank is doing well, just put up a update vid couple days ago. Just got busy with other projects at home!

I will try and check in periodically now :)

How is the chilid tank? I see the reef is looking spectacular!

Good to hear things are well with you!

African tank is going strong, mostly neglected....but strong. :)

saweeeet tank(s) man!!! The main display tank is definetly totm quality!

Thanks Rooster!!!

I just got home and floated them for a while and put them in the tank!

The red grape, I think that what it is..... looks great and the blue octo kinda fell apart, but I think it will be OK......

I can't thank you enough!!!! Hopefully I'll make it worth your while soon!!!! :)

I still need to send a bunch to Maria, hopefully this week if I can get off work early, pack up some frags and get to the shipper by 5:00.

I got my shipping supplies a couple of days ago!!!!!

Yep, its red grape. Glad to hear they made it there ok. The ochtodes have a tendency to fall apart a bit when you handle them. Just smush it all together in a clump in the tank and in a couple days it will all be one solid clump again. The ochtodes also usually take a few days after shipping to get back to their really nice blue color. Keep me posted on how they're doing.

Let me know how shipping to Maria goes. Good luck!

Also, we need photos of the new stuff!

Yep, its red grape. Glad to hear they made it there ok. The ochtodes have a tendency to fall apart a bit when you handle them. Just smush it all together in a clump in the tank and in a couple days it will all be one solid clump again. The ochtodes also usually take a few days after shipping to get back to their really nice blue color. Keep me posted on how they're doing.

Let me know how shipping to Maria goes. Good luck!

Also, we need photos of the new stuff!

That clump of blue octo was huge btw! Thank you soooomuch again!!! It really broke apart all over the place. I have clumps all over, I even took some pieces and glued them onto some small rocks, so we'll see what happens????

Red grape seems to be doing fine, but I still have this stringy brownish yellow algae all over the place, it grows like crazy on all the other macros I got, I hope it goes away soon! Nothing tested positive, but mabe I had mini cycle or something but the RSM is doing fine so far.......

The blue spotted jaw fish seems to be doing fine and eating, the swiss basslett just sits in the corner or hides behind the overflow box...I hope he makes it, he is a very colorful fish. The hellfreaky fire fish was out all day yesterday and now I can't find her, no body even....:(

I'm hoping the new cuc will do their job and take care of the pest algae.

I guess I'll have to just wait and see what happens.

Pics in the next couple of days.........

Awesome, just wow.... :wub:

Thanks!!! I think I got this idea of two tanks, one being a DF, (display fuge) from you!!! Hopefully it will be very cool soon!!!!

That clump of blue octo was huge btw! Thank you soooomuch again!!! It really broke apart all over the place. I have clumps all over, I even took some pieces and glued them onto some small rocks, so we'll see what happens????

Red grape seems to be doing fine, but I still have this stringy brownish yellow algae all over the place, it grows like crazy on all the other macros I got, I hope it goes away soon! Nothing tested positive, but mabe I had mini cycle or something but the RSM is doing fine so far.......

The blue spotted jaw fish seems to be doing fine and eating, the swiss basslett just sits in the corner or hides behind the overflow box...I hope he makes it, he is a very colorful fish. The hellfreaky fire fish was out all day yesterday and now I can't find her, no body even.... :(

You're very welcome. Sorry it broke up so much. It does that pretty easily and getting shaken around in a box for 3 days probably didn't help. Even the little pieces will grow out in my tank so those ones you glued down may turn into some nice big clumps. Hopefully since it was a big piece you at least have one decent sized clump that's still together.

Yeah it might be a mini cycle that caused the pest algae. Hopefully your snails will take care of it.

Glad to hear the blue spot is doing good. Hopefully the swiss basslet just needs a big to acclimate to the new tank and will then start coming out and eating. My new midas blenny took a couple days before he'd come out and eat but now he's doing great. Also, firefish can hide really well, so I wouldn't worry too much if its only been missing for a day. My 2 firefish hide way down in the rocks all day and I only really see them much at feeding time.

And your truly doing the idea justice.

Bravo, and I get the stringy algae on occasion as well, I notice it mostly when I am feeding heavily.

I've been feeding like a lunatic lately and can't seem to get any algae to grow. Not that I'm trying, but I've been quite surprised at how much I can feed and not get growth.

I still have this stringy brownish yellow algae all over the place, it grows like crazy on all the other macros I got, I hope it goes away soon!

I know exactly what you are talking about! I've gotten that when purchasing macros online. Never when I bought it from individuals on NR or on eBay though. It's ugly and annoying and has made me decide never to buy macros from certain places. I ended up tossing the macros I got because I couldn't stand the sight of that ugly stringy stuff. Maybe with time it goes away????? Hopefully!

jedimasterben

I've been feeding like a lunatic lately and can't seem to get any algae to grow. Not that I'm trying, but I've been quite surprised at how much I can feed and not get growth.

dickbag.

:D

dickbag.

:D

To be fair, I've got a sump I'm running a light 24/7 with an upflow ATS and 5 gallons of fuge to 20 gallons of tank. I've got a massive CUC, so I really shouldn't be that surprised.
jedimasterben

To be fair, I've got a sump I'm running a light 24/7 with an upflow ATS and 5 gallons of fuge to 20 gallons of tank. I've got a massive CUC, so I really shouldn't be that surprised.

I know :) I was the same way before my baffles shattered and my ATS was instantly gone.

I think this phosphate thing is a myth, at least for this mined dry rock that comes from Florida. I had read about this and was veryconcerned about it, but I don't think there is anything to it.

I got another 30 lbs to make the curent structure for the Solona.

I would guess that I used about 20lbs for each one.

Not true. "real reef" rock in my biocube leeched phosphates. Dry rocks leeching is unheard of, only live rock has the problem, and then too some LR. I cannot comment on whether my LFS system caused the rock to absorb phosphates or it came to them that way but regardless, I had a horrible cyano problem within weeks. Proof:

IMG_20110906_125817.jpg

You're very welcome. Sorry it broke up so much. It does that pretty easily and getting shaken around in a box for 3 days probably didn't help. Even the little pieces will grow out in my tank so those ones you glued down may turn into some nice big clumps. Hopefully since it was a big piece you at least have one decent sized clump that's still together.

Yeah it might be a mini cycle that caused the pest algae. Hopefully your snails will take care of it.

Glad to hear the blue spot is doing good. Hopefully the swiss basslet just needs a big to acclimate to the new tank and will then start coming out and eating. My new midas blenny took a couple days before he'd come out and eat but now he's doing great. Also, firefish can hide really well, so I wouldn't worry too much if its only been missing for a day. My 2 firefish hide way down in the rocks all day and I only really see them much at feeding time.

Well.......today I can't find bodies of either the swiss basslett or the hellfreaky, but the BSJ seems to have made his home right in front of the tank. This guy is soooo cool.

The stringy algae seems to be less......I think. :huh:

And your truly doing the idea justice.

Bravo, and I get the stringy algae on occasion as well, I notice it mostly when I am feeding heavily.

Thanks Randi!

Hopefully the clean up dudes will get to work soon!!!

That's because you sucked evey molecule of nutrient out of your tank with in a 10 mile radius! :)

Thanks Veng. I didn't even see it...old age ya know. ;)

You do have the perfect set up which is why everyone was pulling their hair out for ya. :)

Not true. "real reef" rock in my biocube leeched phosphates. Dry rocks leeching is unheard of, only live rock has the problem, and then too some LR. I cannot comment on whether my LFS system caused the rock to absorb phosphates or it came to them that way but regardless, I had a horrible cyano problem within weeks. Proof:

IMG_20110906_125817.jpg

Mmmmmm? I have hear of this before, but it doesn't sound possible unless there is another parameter way out of whack, like pH or something. Or unless there is a die-off of something that contains phos.....

That's because you sucked evey molecule of nutrient out of your tank with in a 10 mile radius! :)

Thanks Veng. I didn't even see it...old age ya know. ;)

You do have the perfect set up which is why everyone was pulling their hair out for ya. :)

Yeah... I sat down after the fact and figured out I had overdosed GFO by 25 times the recommended amount. :wacko:

It's so nice for the tank to be looking good again. I need to get a decent camera so I can show it off again.

jedimasterben

Calcium carbonate binds organic phosphate, and it slowly leaches back out as bacteria eat that, converting it to inorganic phosphate that we test for, and then it binds new organic phosphate until more bacteria eat that. :)

Archived