Cultivated Reef

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

I'd like to get a couple heads of some super duper rainbow acans. I don't want a big colony and sometimes that's all they have. I'll keep looking though. Actually I'd love to go there and see what they got in person!

Most of the acans I've got from them on ebay have been 1 - 5 polyps big. small things, about an inch long. My biggest one is that green one in the center of my tank. It has about 10 giant polyps and many smaller babies around its bottom.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What skimmer are you using now?

I'm using the skimmer that Jeff from Lifereef makes himself. I don't have a lot of experience with skimmers but it has a mag 9 pump on it and seems work very well. I had a bad cyano problem with excellent water params and now i have almost none.

Most of the acans I've got from them on ebay have been 1 - 5 polyps big. small things, about an inch long. My biggest one is that green one in the center of my tank. It has about 10 giant polyps and many smaller babies around its bottom.

Ebay? Don't you live like next door to them??? Do they ever have a one or two heads of killer rainbow one's??

• Like 1

I'm using the skimmer that Jeff from Lifereef makes himself. I don't have a lot of experience with skimmers but it has a mag 9 pump on it and seems work very well. I had a bad cyano problem with excellent water params and now i have almost none.

Ebay? Don't you live like next door to them??? Do they ever have a one or two heads of killer rainbow one's??

Lol, I do. About a mile away. But, I can get stuff cheaper than what they sell it for right out of the store. However, they do have some stuff there that you don't find on ebay. Mostly the bigger colonies. I think they shy away from having to ship larger colonies... I would too. When I was there this past Saturday they had about a 12" across colony of pink lemonade. I asked if they were fragging it. Nope... they sold it to someone and were going to have to ship it :scarry:

And yes, they certainly do have single or two head polyps of very nice acans.

Unfrotunately, this means I have a lot of new real estate in there for more!!!!

Unfortunately? Since when is having more real estate an unfortunate thing???? :lol:

Unfortunately? Since when is having more real estate an unfortunate thing???? :lol:

Cause it requires more $$, which I don't have much of since I went over budget on setting up the Solona. :wacko:

This weekend will be spent remounting a bunch of zoas and paly's and fragging some sps. I made some new bigger frag racks. :rolleyes:

20130213_181513_zpsabcf7726.jpg

Wow

Thanks Mr. Veng!

Thanks Ajay! Rio Grande Twins I like it! Danny and Arnold. :)

Great idea! I'm gonna do it! ...........if I can figure it out, lol.

I guess Danny (Vincent) is the macro tank?

Cause it requires more $$, which I don't have much of since I went over budget on setting up the Solona. :wacko:

When you have more $$$ to spend, you'll be thankful for that extra real estate ;)

Amazing! I didn't see this topic :blush:

Twins are just :haha:

Thanks yarrick!

I guess Danny (Vincent) is the macro tank?

Lol! Yep I think the macro tank is Danny. :)

So far no macro in there.....yet!

When you have more $$$ to spend, you'll be thankful for that extra real estate ;)

Crap, now I have a ton of room. :)

So I worked on the tank this weekend. It took me many hours, but I took off most of the Z's and P's off my little rock sculptures. I ended up with over 35 frags! I also fragged a bunch of sps, which is my first non accidental fragging of them. :)

I mounted most of the Z and P's in the solona, I tried to keep just the purdy ones.

Next I'll take the that big bi color monti to the LFS along with my beige red palnet and some gsp so I'll have lots of room for macros and other stuff!

Also, Gena, I relocated the photo gorgs to the solona as well........the RSM looks much better imo.....like you said , more balanced!

20130216_175659_zps5c99d546.jpg

20130216_175555_zpsdd9a8428.jpg

20130216_180057_zps365f94f3.jpg

20130216_175849_zps18a3dc38.jpg

20130216_175724_zpse17d1d54.jpg

20130216_175526_zps0659a02a.jpg

Holy SPS!! you da man Mark!! :eek:

It is looking fabulous sir. :wub:

Why thank you my dear!!!

It's a frag tank jk lol. Is the plan to place all those Zoa plugs onto your structure?

Actually you are right! This is a display fuge, but will function as a lot of refugiums do, ie, a utility tank.

Frags, macros, unwanted things from the DT.........I love looking at other peoples refugiums, often they are more interesting than the DT. I'm just trying to avoid getting on my hands and knees to look at mine!

So I snapped a few picturds since I mounted all the Z's and P's in the Solona. Also, a few pics of my new frag racks and pics of my digi's which I can now see since my big tri color monti was removed.

I also placed an order from LA reef for some macros and will place an order from John @ Reefcleaners for another CUC.

20130218_160914_zps26ca7942.jpg

20130218_160903_zpse314b9a4.jpg

20130218_160836_zps7fa30233.jpg

20130218_160737_zps40d8cabf.jpg

20130218_160406_zps47d710b4.jpg

20130218_160109_zps50fc475a.jpg

20130218_160041_zpsc792f33f.jpg

20130218_160018_zps8cc5c2cf.jpg

I forgot that I had taken a couple of pics last Friday. I recieved my 30 pounds of rock from John @ Reefcleaners last week. I'm gonna take a hammer to it today and try and build a bonsai type scape for the Solona.

Also a couple of pics of the sump right before it went online.

[i20121222_113249_zpscaa3c6d7.jpg

MG]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m569/spirofucci/20121222_113153_zps4363e058.jpg[/img]

20121222_113301_zpsca539b08.jpg

20121222_113312_zps06b4f6cc.jpg

I had not seen your long awaited for sump and I have to say WOW ... this is some peace of nice work for sure.

I want to ask a question about it and I'll send you a PM .... Very nice !

I LOVE that purple stylophora (i think?) it's sooo pretty!

Well.....it was a hot pink stylo, but over the last few months it has turned more purply. But still very purdy!! :)

I had not seen your long awaited for sump and I have to say WOW ... this is some peace of nice work for sure.

I want to ask a question about it and I'll send you a PM .... Very nice !

Thanks Albert! Now that I've had it up and running a couple of months I like it even more. The skimmer is incredible and now I can have consistant water levels in the back of the RSM which was always a problem for me.

It was not cheap, but worth every penny to me. :)

That's a lot of frags omgomgomg

I highly recommend eBay for macros, from my experience. If you like a large amount of macros (too much IMO) try live-plants.com. They'll send you way more than you need ;)

I hope your LA Reefs order goes well for you. I ordered something from them, after two weeks of no item, I filed with paypal to get my money back. They never once responded to any of the communication I sent to them. I've heard similar stories from others as well. I think if you order from them on eBay, you get more attention. I ordered directly from their website.

Anyways...looks like your new DT is filling up fast :)

Archived