Top Shelf Aquatics

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

BattleAthletics

Here's the linky for ebay, but actually, I think my wife ordered them a little cheaper from Amazon, cause she gets free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MR-DJ-PSC300-BLUE-BUTTON-POWER-STRIP-CONTROL-PANEL-/330793974813

I just saw some(not the same brand but similar style) for 28.99$ My friend is a DJ and he uses something like those light modules but his are all controlled on his VJ controller. Super sweet. Are you using both modules yet or just one?

Thinking (with help of my electrical guru from work) of building one that has colored push buttons. Its up in the air.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, looks like Xenia to me. I'd recommend scraping it off just since Xenia can start to choke out other corals and I doubt you want it that close to your duncan. But if you leave it be just keep an eye on it and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Wow! Everything looks great and I love the new BSJ. He looks like he really likes his new home. Also, I'm glad the other 2 fish made an appearance finally. Its amazing how well they can hide even if you don't think there are many hiding places. Oh, and man do you have lots of frags right now. Exciting!

Thanks! In that case I'll take it off and maybe place it in the fuge if I can.......it's very, very small.

So far all three fish are still in there. :)

+1 looks like xenia! I wouldn't put it in your RSM. I don't think it would fit the theme very well in there. Xenia has a "wild 'n crazy"-ness about it. Break off that part and put it in the DF...it would be PERFECT in there :D

Thanks Gena!

Wow! :o:wub:

LOL. Hopefully frags to Dallas next week if I can get off early!!!!!!

I looked and looked, and didn't see a picture of the swissguard. Did he make it? Would love to see a pic of him!!

He's still hiding and I'm not even sure he is eating???? Hopefully pics this weekend.........

Hmmmm? Don't know about the spot, they are very tiny. I'll try and look tonight when I get home.

Either way, should I scrape it off?

If it is Xenia you can put it in the fuge if scraping it off doesn't kill it. If they are cloves you might want to keep them. Either way it might be a day or so till they open up fully for you.

I just saw some(not the same brand but similar style) for 28.99$ My friend is a DJ and he uses something like those light modules but his are all controlled on his VJ controller. Super sweet. Are you using both modules yet or just one?

Thinking (with help of my electrical guru from work) of building one that has colored push buttons. Its up in the air.

Yep I'm using both, only three empty spots left!

Both tanks are looking awesome spiro. I am envious of your jaw fish. I finally got my light upgraded on my tank so hopefully I can start stocking the tank. I love all your sps, definitely hoping to be able to keep sps looking as good as yours.

If it is Xenia you can put it in the fuge if scraping it off doesn't kill it. If they are cloves you might want to keep them. Either way it might be a day or so till they open up fully for you.

Thanks Kat! I might try it tomorrow. :)

Both tanks are looking awesome spiro. I am envious of your jaw fish. I finally got my light upgraded on my tank so hopefully I can start stocking the tank. I love all your sps, definitely hoping to be able to keep sps looking as good as yours.

Thanks JG! Congrats on the light!

Edit: I am having troubles with multiquote posting this morning LOL! I posted first that your fish are beautiful (the BSJ :wub: ) and you corals a stunning. Now to the post that published ...

Hey Spirofucci. I got two of those also. Great minds... ;)

Here they are on my work in progress. You can see FLCandy's macros in there :)

2013-03-11_13-09-42_429_zps452ea45f.jpg

Well......I just got home from work and all three fish are in there! I have no idea where the hell freaky and the basslett were hiding, but you guys were right!

Also, I got two of these.......They are great, I highly recommend them, it makes it so much easier to turn things on and off!

20130304_173752_zps362e6ded.jpg

Looks awesome! I've had my blue spot now for 4 months and nothing was wrong up until 2 weeks ago. He had some bumps on his upper lip like he got in a fight, was still eatting and acting normal and has plenty of color but I dunno hope he pulls threw. He's been in hiding the last 3 days in his burrow

While I was researching Bristle worms I saw references to fish getting spiked when getting to close/defending territory from Bristle worms. There was a picture of a fish with spicules still in its lips. Hopefully that is all it is and the lip will heal up without any problems. :fingerscrossed:

Nice ric garden. Though it must have been pricey.

Does the shade hinder you at all in coral placement?

Thanks asid61! All my rics are from Morgan the Reef Gardener and I got them a few at a time so cost wasn't too painful. ;)

When I made my rock sculpture, I tried to keep coral placement in mind. Here is a pic of it from the top down so you can see I have lots of real estate for placement. I did have some other shade issues when I have other smaller rock in other places.

IMG_0217.jpg

Edit: I am having troubles with multiquote posting this morning LOL! I posted first that your fish are beautiful (the BSJ :wub: ) and you corals a stunning. Now to the post that published ...

Hey Spirofucci. I got two of those also. Great minds... ;)

Here they are on my work in progress. You can see FLCandy's macros in there :)

2013-03-11_13-09-42_429_zps452ea45f.jpg

WOW! I didn't know you had another build going!!!! Looks fantastic! I'll have to check it out!

I love those power bar thingy's!

And....yes I'm having problems with posting this morning as well. :angry:

While I was researching Bristle worms I saw references to fish getting spiked when getting to close/defending territory from Bristle worms. There was a picture of a fish with spicules still in its lips. Hopefully that is all it is and the lip will heal up without any problems. : fingerscrossed:

I'm not s

While I was researching Bristle worms I saw references to fish getting spiked when getting to close/defending territory from Bristle worms. There was a picture of a fish with spicules still in its lips. Hopefully that is all it is and the lip will heal up without any problems. : fingerscrossed:

I'm not sure that was the cause of MP's BSJ death, they can be tricky fish to keep. I have a sixline in my RSM and I have seen him eat bristle worms! I'm thinking of getting one or two Pink streaked wrasses in the tank the BSJ is in. They seem to eat most pesty things. :)

Mark what temp are you keeping your tank at? I've lowered mine down to 76 from 78 hopefully to help the bsj

Lol, my temp can range from 76 to 80 in one day. Although I try to keep it at about 78. Temp was a big concern for me as well, but after as much research as I could find, I found that many of them were successfully being kept at 80 degrees. There just isn't enough accurate info published on these guys......

I was referring to the bumps mpst05 noticed on the upper lip of his BSJ. I read up on them a lot b/c I would love to have one (BSJ are so gorgeous!) and I remember thinking of all the pesky BWs in my nano tank. That is why I will not transfer any LR from my nano to my new 125 g setup.

BSJ seem to be more vulnerable to stings from BWs due to where they live. Here is an example of a possible case:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/bluespot-club/30815-emergency-help-save-my-bsjf-please.html

BristlesBSJF.jpg

Edit: Here is a Blenny incident on WWM

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/polychaewmcompfaq2.htm

(They will probably remove the picture link in a minute as they do not like hotlinks to their images.)

They image URL is http://www.wetwebmedia.com/BlennioidPIX/BlennyPIX/Atrosalarias/blenny_fuz[1].jpg

blenny_fuz%5B1%5D.jpg

I was referring to the bumps mpst05 noticed on the upper lip of his BSJ. I read up on them a lot b/c I would love to have one (BSJ are so gorgeous!) and I remember thinking of all the pesky BWs in my nano tank. That is why I will not transfer any LR from my nano to my new 125 g setup.

BSJ seem to be more vulnerable to stings from BWs due to where they live. Here is an example of a possible case:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/bluespot-club/30815-emergency-help-save-my-bsjf-please.html

BristlesBSJF.jpg

Edit: Here is a Blenny incident on WWM

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/polychaewmcompfaq2.htm

(They will probably remove the picture link in a minute as they do not like hotlinks to their images.)

They image URL is http://www.wetwebmedia.com/BlennioidPIX/BlennyPIX/Atrosalarias/blenny_fuz[1].jpg

blenny_fuz%5B1%5D.jpg

I've seen pictures of dogs doing this with porcupines. One of my friends here in Austin in fact had that happen to his dog.

Painful. I wonder if the fish learn not to touch bristleworms after that lol.

I have searched high and low and when I finally found one I moved and it dieded :(

Finally My SPS unicorn, My Holy Grail...Pink Stylophora omgomgomg

I will try my darndest to keep these alive and growing ;)

I heard someone is thinking about a doser..

Yes I am.......word travels fast!

I haven't really researched them yet. I guess I just need to dose Ca and Alk. I don't mind spending the $$$ I'll just save up.........but I'd like to get the best, most reliable, user friendly system out there.

What do you recommend?????

Yes I am.......word travels fast!

I haven't really researched them yet. I guess I just need to dose Ca and Alk. I don't mind spending the $$$ I'll just save up.........but I'd like to get the best, most reliable, user friendly system out there.

What do you recommend?????

Pm you in a minute sir

Don't write up a decent suggesting to dosers and then leave it in a PM. Post it up in the equipment section for all to see as long as you are going through the trouble.

Archived