Dragon eyes

DE.jpg

eagle eyes

EEnov.jpg

radioactive dragon eyes

RDE.jpg

zoa colony

ZC3.jpg

look at the blues!!!!! are they "Olaudah Equiano' ? can anyone Id the green ones with rings?

bluezoa.jpg

ZC2.jpg

ZC.jpg

the torch is touching the eagle eyes, but the EE doesnt seem to boe stressed at all

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Quy, how's the temps doing? I was away in Palm Springs all week and got back today (friday, gone since sunday) and when I got home my tank was at 84.6F :( of course I check certain things first, and the first thing I checked was the hood for heat. No dice, my 4500mA power supply died on me while I was gone, ugh! I'm using the 2500mA "standard" one right now at least to keep the temps stable. I'll see how the temps go, and then determine if I need to re-purchase a 4500mA unit from Chris or not. it was running stable in the 81's previous to this, peaking at 82.1F on hotter days...

my temp is stable now it's at 79 havent seen temps past 80.5 for for a long time now

thanks for the compliment guys

some were bought from a nor cal person

EE from Jin

and the blue colony from a place in artesia. they also gave me a free frag of people eater i'll post a picture of it later

First one looks like faded Mean Greens.

that's what i was thinking too. the fish store i got it from only had these under low wattage actinics. but it should regain it's color since it's now under almost 100 watt :D i hope

Mh retrofit =]

mhretro2.jpg

mhretro.jpg

temp jumped to 84.5 with the lids down and with the fuge light on

normally i have fuge light on early in the morning before the main light comes on, but for the last day or two i've been unplugging things. I have to reset the fuge light timer. so this should help me reduce a LITTLE bit of heat and i guess im going to have to open my lid when Mh lights are on. and if worse comes to worse i'll cut into the hood and install another two fans that will directly blow and suck air from the tank and not just the lighting compartment.

so cal temp has been wonderful lately, so my temp peaks at about 82 degrees. if anyone can recall when my frogspawn died.. well i think as it was dying a few cell probably created a cyst. after the frog died i left the branch in the tank because it was wedged inbetween two rocks and i didnt wanted to take my rocks apart to get the dead frog. Now that conditions are much better weather it's the water or not being stung anymore. The cell probably got out of the cyst and now is probably performing mitosis and regrowing! it's growing at an angle that the camera cant catch, but basicly it's regrowing 2 new heads on the side of the old branch!!!!! clown might come next week!!!!

on sat i made a few frags and liked how the sand looked a bit empty which got me thinking of starting up a 5/10 gallon frag tank. my substrate is running out of room for zoas plus i also want to get a brain coral.... i guess it'll depend if i buy any more zoas. (most likely i'll make the frag tank, how could i FORCE myself to STOP?) hehehe i need to find a spot for it! :bling: sigh more money down the drain

Nice pics Quy! Where'd you get the perc from? I saw at the beginning of the week, PTF had a good dozen plus of percs!! My fish are all doing great, though (maybe for the better) I never see my clown and fridmani interact. I'm pretty certain in no time at all I'll come home to some new fish in the form of Fridmani jawfish or something! :o:lol:

• 1 month later...

it's been a while so i'll post some new pics i took today

FTS12.jpg

left side middle you can see where my frogspawn has regrown ;)

everything is just a bit bigger :D

my zoa garden

zoogarden.jpg

Wow, you're zoas are nice and outta control, Quy!! :o The xenia looks tall and healthy as well. Tank it looking good!! I'm going to be doing a tank swap with mine and getting rid of the AP12 with in the next 2 weeks. I already have the Finnex 30g glass tank I'm moving to, and just waiting on the stand for it to be delivered. My tank or rather livestock collection got too big for itself. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i want more zoanthids... does anyone know of a store or a person that might have some nice zoas that i can go to? ahhh reef is distracting me from bio prelab.... -_________-

im also thinking about adding one scarlet hermit, one blue leg hermit and possibly a crab or two. any suggestions?

I'm going to PTF today for a cleaning crew... And more zoa hunting. ;) Both scarlets and blue legs work fine, for crab maybe an emerald or sally lightfoot?

:lol: i just came back from PTF. i picked up a blue leg hermit only to find out that it was just the shell. i spoke to the owner on the phone and he's gonna get ne another one so that's fine =]. i also picked up a scarlet hermit and a Porcelain Anemone Crab. i dont have an anemone for it. so im hoping that i'll just host something else. as of right now he seems to be hosting the tube where water is returned into the tank :lol:

got test kit and still trying to work with it. after 2 days the clam has ATTACHED himself to the rock! i think everything is going pretty well B)

i also got some new zoas today too. i'll post up pics later this afternoon.

Archived