Coral Vue Hydros

The tank that robbed me!

quy_nquyen

Thanks for the reminder. I already have a light for my 2nd chamber fuge. I will run it tonite to see how high my temp. gets. I may end up getting that chiller from nanotuners as well

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you get the ICA, be sure to read up on the "AP 12g ICA" thread that DRoy started and it was basically him, Chris from nanotuners and myself all doing "beta" testing with the first 2 units sold and us figuring out what's best to make it work to it's optimum. It's a very helpful thread. :)

okay first off i took my clown back to the store and hopefully i can pick him back up in a few weeks.

the ica should be here tomorrow!

matt- i'll search and read that thread right now! thanks for the tip

hows the clown doing? i wouldn't have added the firefish if i was you, but they're more resistant to ich than most other fish so hopefully it'll do well.

the reason you don't see the ich anymore is because it entered its third stage of the cyst cycle (or whatever cycle u call it). they are now reproducing to in the sand bed and may come back smothering your poor fish!

sorry for the dark scenario, but thats definitely a possibility. keep an eye on ur clown everyday and as soon as you see any signs of ich, i'd remove him and do a hyposalinity treatment.

So the 50/50 marine bulb is working fine for the chaeto growth?

yeah it works fine. many people are running only a 9 watt azoo light and im running 18 watt 50/50....now that im thinking about it. maybe i should take out the blue bulb to lower the heat. because 9 watts should be sufficient to grow chaetos?

the ICA chiller came today. i'll post up pics either tomorrow or this weekend

thanks for the tips jin, i took my clown back to the store and hopefully my lfs can cure him.. during last week for a few continious days i noticed that at night the clown would be covered all over in ich, but by morning he would be cleaned of ich except for 3 spots that never seemed to leave.

the firefish was an inpluse buy.... the high fins had me mesmerized..

how's your yasha?

suprisingly the install was pretty easy. took about an hour to finished.

here are some pics B)

icapackage.jpg

icepackage2.jpg

icainhood.jpg

icainstalled2.jpg

icainstalled.jpg

all i need now is a pump and some tubing

What did you use to cut your splash guard?

im not sure what the exact name of the tool was, but it some kinda rotery drill bit, that i borrowed from a friend

I think you mean dremel tool quy_nquyen.

As for running only 1 of the 2 lights on your fuge light it may help your temps. I may do this as well. Hey it also prolongs bulblife 2x!!!!!!!

as of lately my temp has been 80-82 during the day without the ica on. (still no pump and tubing. should be getting that either today or tomorrow) taking out the 2nd bulb on the fuge light seems to have helped. might also add another 4-5 lb of rocks in the tank to make a total of 16-17 lb of lr

Get some pics up of the new frags when you can.

As for the temps I am running at 80-81.6 so I am going to keep both bulbs in my fuge light for now. But I do notice that the tank is warmer when the display lights are off and the fuge light is on. Also my cheato growth is out of hand, seriously. I may just remove 1 of the bulbs like you did and observe..........hrmmmmmmmmm.

But I do notice that the tank is warmer when the display lights are off and the fuge light is on

i think we need to find a way to add a fan to the fuge light. all the hot air gets stuck inside the fuge light and just heats up our tank. it feels much more hotter than my 54 watt tank light.

pictures of the new frags, dont mind the algae- still waiting for the nimble super

full tank lighting

radioactive dragon eyes

rdebl.jpg

dragon eyes

debl.jpg

Pink Panther

ppbl.jpg

all three

3fragsbl.jpg

actinics lighting

radioactive dragon eyes

rdeactinics.jpg

dragon eyes

deactinics.jpg

pink panther

ppactinics.jpg

all three

3fragactinic.jpg

Do you have a clean up crew?

Are you using RO/DI water for your water changes and top off??

What are your water params?

Did you order tubing for the ICA? I bought my tubing for it from Home Depot. I could spot you some unless you have it on order which it sounds like... Let me know. B)

perhaps not enough for clean up. i current have about 6 snails, one of which is a turbo. im going to check water tonight. i always use ro water to top off

i was about to order a pump and some tubing from chris. i cant seem to get the tubing from home depot to fit.... if it fits the fitting for the ica, then it doesnt fit the pump...

i need to get my ica running soon, because im going to retrofit a 70 watt mh into my hood pretty soon!

What pump are you trying to fit? I'm running the MiniJet 404 with my ICA and the tubing fits perfectly to the pump, no adapters needed.

ummm i'll look for a minijet 404 after school tomorrow ... i was trying to fit the tubing on the orginal aquapod pump, because it was just laying around.

Archived