Top Shelf Aquatics

The tank that robbed me!

quy_nquyen

thanks proraptor2 for the HUGE bag of cheato

chaeto.jpg

i had to give 1/2 to a freind because i couldnt fit it all in the filter. instead of using just one of the chambers for chaeto i decided to use the two middle chambers now.

i also took the hood apart and cut the inner slate where the fan is at.

fanmod.jpg

looking at the picture, on the right side you can see into the hood where the fan is at and on the left side is how it used to be before i cut it. hopefully this will allow more hot air to escape faster.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job! I've been meaning to do mine also. Just so lazy lately.

I had to do mine when I got my ICA. it definitely makes a world of differance, having those slats cut out.

thanks for the comments matt and justin

i took 2 pics of my zoa tell me what you guys think. i love 7 dollar frags =]

i need an ID on the second coral

fireandice-1.jpg

needname.jpg

this one is the one that needs an id

on a sad note i dont think im going to be able to fix my laptop... im going to need to buy another one. This mean no new frags or anything new in my tank for a while unless my brother donates to it :( time for my nano to go on ninja stealth mode :ninja:

Sorry to hear about that with your laptop. :( This hobby of ours gets expensive one way or another. If it's not frags or fish, then it's a cracked tank or some "disaster" unfortunately.

thanks guys. it sucks how money didnt go to the coral but in the end had to go to a new notebook. on the brighter side i was planning on upgrading my laptop anyways (trying to make myself feel better)

this mornin i got up and did a 30% water change. since it's been about a week or so. hopefully to make nitrate levels as low as they can be and to add more trace elements/nutrients to the water. hopefully i can add a perc to my tank if water level permits me to have one :happy: im also sapposed to pick up a neon toadstool today but the person selling it has not pmed me back with a number or an address, so hopefully he will be on soon.

On water changes I usually do about 1.5-2 gallons per change. I have a 2.5g water container (from distilled water I use for top offs) that I cut one side off of, and then I'll fill it up for water changes with the old tank water. Once it's full, then I know thats about 10-15% of the water from the tank and enough for a change per week. B) I also use it as my acclimation container as well, pretty handy hehe! Ok, I think I'll roll by PTF today after work...

haha let me know if there's anything good left

lol, of course! I was told they get their new shipments in 2-3 times a week. Actually the owner (the older fella) handpicks all the weekly shipments from whereever he sources from.

Saw you in my tank thread wanted to stop by and say "Hi"

Looks good. I love the Zoas... and that is one heck of a chunk of Xenia. Good luck with that :) You'll be trimming it in no time...

That one he got from EZcompany who has some of the best live stock I've seen in person, along with PotsyGSXR.

The EE looks great quy! :) Can't wait to pick up the rock with fire & ice on it from him.

thanks for the compliment guys.

justin - try pming EZ he MIGHT have a few frags left

Matt - was there anything good at ptf :D

proraptor2 - the chaetos have done wonders. i really appreciate it

thanks for the compliment guys.

justin - try pming EZ he MIGHT have a few frags left

Matt - was there anything good at ptf :D

proraptor2 - the chaetos have done wonders. i really appreciate it

I didn't end up stopping by yet again... -_- This afternoon though for sure!! I hate going when I don't intend to buy anything, of course that's about EVERY trip I make to there, lol! :P I NEVER intend to buy, yet ALWAYS end up finding something good to bring home. Make it stop!! :lol:

I NEVER intend to buy, yet ALWAYS end up finding something good to bring home. Make it stop!!

i totally know what you mean!!! :bling:

i just picked up "Krusty" the percula clown from my lfs. im accumilating him right now.

Stick around, pictures coming up in about an hour or so! :happydance:

Archived