Top Shelf Aquatics

The tank that robbed me!

quy_nquyen

i totally know what you mean!!! :bling:

i just picked up "Krusty" the percula clown from my lfs. im accumilating him right now.

Stick around, pictures coming up in about an hour or so! :happydance:

glad you liked the frag, ur tanks gonna be awesome~

Phixion, as always, your words are too kind :P thank you!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
glad you liked the frag, ur tanks gonna be awesome~

Phixion, as always, your words are too kind :P thank you!

Just the truth, I seriously haven't seen a finer candy cane than the one I bought from you. It's even split a couple heads since then. B)

Sun coral does not always mean it's a dendro.

The genus Dendronephthya has some corals commonly called "sun corals," but so does the genus Tubastrea.

edit:

I could be wrong. Perhaps all "sun corals" are in Tubastrea.

guess what's in the box!

whatsinthebox.jpg

ta-da my mini light came. i called in to change the order to two daylight bulbs, but it seems as though they didnt give me the other mini -______- but i guess it's okay?

miniaqualight.jpg

tankandminilight.jpg

chaetowithlights.jpg

im going to have to get rid of some. if anyone wants it let me know. i dont know how to ship so hopefully some locals would want come and get it

and fts for today

fts09-2.jpg

is it weird for a clown to never hide and always be in the middle of the tank? Clown has ich and when i went back to the store to talk to the owner he said that lately all of his clowns at his store have developed ich. im hopeful that Krusty the clown will be okay. doesnt have any lost in appetite. ive also been soaking the mysis shrimp in freshly crushed/squeezed garlic juice with a bit of flake food. He seems to be eatting everything im feeding him.

poor little clown is starting to really break out with ick, i might just take him back to the store where my lfs can treat him along with the rest of the clowns.

Your tank is really looking great. Sorry to hear about your clown. Taking him back might be the best thing to do.

Oh, and you won't be disapointed in the nimle super. I just got mine a week ago, and that thing is great. Cleans the bowed edges like they were as straight as the rest of the glass.

i cant wait for Jerome to let me know how much the total is. he hasnt been on the last few days.

today i gave one of my cleaner shrimp to a freind. so now i only have one for my 12g.

i need to rescape my rocks so i can have more room in front. maybe find a way to remove the bottom center rock..

Can the frogspawn be placed next to the torch? or will they eventually kill each other?

I wouldn't place them within touching distance. They could potentially sting eachother to death, or at least stress eachother out to death.

phixion how right you are. i lost a frog head :tears:

on the upside i just ordered 3 frags (Dragon, eyes, radioactive dragon eyes and pink panther) from a nor-cal reefer.

i'll post pics as soon as they arrive. should be either tuesday or wednesday.

here's krusty once again. ich got nothing on him hehe, except a few white spots :P still eatting really well, so i decided to keep him and see if he can fight it off

krustyinfrontoftorch.jpg

okay now dont yell at me, it was an impulse buy....

firefish.jpg

firefish2.jpg

FTS if you look on the bottom left you can see the frog that recently died

fts9.jpg

Dana you might be able to pick up a frag from ezcompany (jin). not sure if he sold all of them yet. it's really worth every dollar

I love that sun coral. I would love to pick up a frag from ezcompany but I just started my cycle last Thursday. One of the most important themes I get from spending time on this forum is TAKE IT SLOW. So I am going to make sure I do not rush things. I just want to make sure I do things right and be a responsible reefer.

So for now I am content with my LR, it realy is fascinating, and I love to see what other people like you are doing in there systems. I just want to learn all I can, so I spend a few hours a day searching through this forum. Keep up the good work and I love to see the pics you post. Glad to see Krusty is still around.

Dana

dana i think im not going to mail the chaeto till tuesday or wednesday, because i want to get to school early tomorrow for my bio test. if they let me out of lab early then i'll mail it in the afternoon

the firefish has just decided to explore my rear filter chamber.....i cant seem to find him.... saw him in there... and while in persuit it just disappeared...

That would be great. Thanks for the offer and I am so excited. I hope you post pics of the chiller. I am not sure I would be up to adding something like that myself. Let us know how it goes.

i'll get pics up as soon as it arrives, reading the other thread your tank seems to have okay temp, especially with winter right around the corner. but keep in mind that for the chaeto you're going to need to add an extra light. and an extra light should push your temp to 83-84 so you'll need either a fan or a chiller to keep temp down. in the long run it will be better to invest in a chiller.... (sucks to see so much money go, but it'll be worth it in the end)

my firefish has JUMPED out of the chamber and back into the regular tank. :happydance:

Archived