The tank that robbed me!

quy_nquyen

finally got some pics

i think the coral is called Goochsters

saltwater004.jpg

here's an fts while im at it =]

saltwater003.jpg

saltwater011.jpg

grrrr i hate algae. im getting a yellow watchman goby when they become aviliable. hopefully it can move the sand enough so that the algae wont grow....plus i might also buy another pump to get more flow in the tank. hopefully that will solve my algae problem

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll probably look for a cheap mj404 or something else really smalll.

i retested for Calcium last night and got values of about 510ppm give or take about 10 ppm. im starting to think that when i first put in the sealab #28 that ie released a huge amount of calcium into the water, because i did observed a lot of bubbling for the first few minutes that it was in the water. i'll test again tonight

test the tank twice and got values of about 600ppm.....i think it might be the sealab cube that is causing the rise and fall so i took the sealab #28 cube out.... i will test again tomorrow. on top of that i will also detached the clam from it's spot and put it on the sand. this way i can check for pyramid and alow easy access when i want to clean it.

i also got a yellow watchman

Nice six line...how does he treat the fire fish?

How many fish do you have in the tank? Nice zoo's i was never really a zoo fan but after i saw pics of your tank i might be collecting much more...;)

Also i would be careful with that goby...he might bury those sexy zoo's you have on the sand bed.

great transformation. hav u done anything to get that green algae on the sand?

i bought a yellow watchmen to help sift the sand BUT HAVENT SEEN IT EVERY SINCE i released it into the tank... am i to assume he died?!?!?!!?

im also going to pick up a hydroflo on friday from matt "phixion". hopefully i'll get some current to the sand to help clear up the algae. and if algae persist then im going to pick up anohter tiny powerhead to increase the flow.

Nice six line...how does he treat the fire fish?

How many fish do you have in the tank? Nice zoo's i was never really a zoo fan but after i saw pics of your tank i might be collecting much more...;)

Also i would be careful with that goby...he might bury those sexy zoo's you have on the sand bed.

the sixline and is BY FAR my favorite fish. in my tank it seems to be VERY peaceful. ive never seen any aggression towards the firefish or any other fish ive had in the tank. sapposely i have 3 fishes... but cant seem to find the yellow watchmen. i still got some tiny blue frags in case you ever want to trade some of yours :D

As we chatted about, I wouldn't worry about not seeing the goby till at least 5-7 days after going MIA. My Dusky went MIA for a week and a half once. Right now it's been 5 days since I saw the guy, but he's been shifting his burrow around. So even if I can't see him personally, if I see the sand shifted around, I know he's kicking. But keep us all updated on things for sure!

i hope he shows up soon

i got a bored and took a picture of jin's eagle eyes under actinics. enjoy

saltwater016.jpg

i love how they look red under these lights

im not sure what those red/orange skirt with dark center zoa located above the eagle eyes are called but i love em

my other big colony fire and ice morph?

saltwater017.jpg

you probably cant tell because i dont really know how to use my camera but some of them have morph to have ORANGE NEON MOUTHS!

credit card bill just arrived :tears:

the massive stocking stage of my 12g aquapod has just ended. i have just entered "girlfriend got me on lockdown--no coral, fish or anything for my tank because i emptied out my bank account" phase :lockdown:

i still NEED to get the hydro flo from matt and might get another fish if the yellow watchmen doesnt show up by next week or so. but THAT'S IT, no more for at least a few months. so i guess over the next few months im going to let my corals grow and probably going to make a few frags of the eagle eyes, fire and ice and as well as the mean greens

more and more picture

i ASSUMED my watchmen died and got a CLOWN!!!! i know i shouldnt have but i couldnt resist...

clown023.jpg

clown025.jpg

i love how both side of the clown is different

trade013.jpg

clown029.jpg

the frogspawn is LITERALLY respawning itself from the dead!

tradematt.jpg

i made this frag hoping that MATT WILL TRADE ME A FRAG OF HIS NENO CANDY CANE

clown033.jpg

trade021.jpg

Lockdown sucks....

But if you feel the need to get something new, hit me up and maybe we can do a bit of trading. :D

Im envious of your zoa garden

RED

Mh retrofit =]

mhretro2.jpg

mhretro.jpg

temp jumped to 84.5 with the lids down and with the fuge light on

normally i have fuge light on early in the morning before the main light comes on, but for the last day or two i've been unplugging things. I have to reset the fuge light timer. so this should help me reduce a LITTLE bit of heat and i guess im going to have to open my lid when Mh lights are on. and if worse comes to worse i'll cut into the hood and install another two fans that will directly blow and suck air from the tank and not just the lighting compartment.

Where did you get it from, was it hard to set up?

Im envious of your zoa garden

thanks a lot red! i still need to get a piece of that lightblue/white zoa you got. hopefully you'll be fragging it in a few months when im not on "lockdown" :happy:

Where did you get it from, was it hard to set up?

seastar i got it from another reefer on this site.. orginally it also came with some kinda regent fixture. as you can see from the picture, in order for me to fit it in the hood all i took from the fixture was the caps that held on the light and i cut a piece of the reflecter off (didnt have to since the aquapod already had a nice reflector). i just had move one of the ballast to be able to fit the fans in. overall set up was pretty easy. what tank are you using right now?

thanks a lot red! i still need to get a piece of that lightblue/white zoa you got. hopefully you'll be fragging it in a few months when im not on "lockdown" :happy:

seastar i got it from another reefer on this site.. orginally it also came with some kinda regent fixture. as you can see from the picture, in order for me to fit it in the hood all i took from the fixture was the caps that held on the light and i cut a piece of the reflecter off (didnt have to since the aquapod already had a nice reflector). i just had move one of the ballast to be able to fit the fans in. overall set up was pretty easy. what tank are you using right now?

I have a 12 gallon like you.

red i'll pick it up as soon as im not on lockdown!

seastar do you have picture or a thread for your tank? i'd love to see what you have

red i'll pick it up as soon as im not on lockdown!

seastar do you have picture or a thread for your tank? i'd love to see what you have

Don't know how to to post pictures, and my tank is still cycling.

you can make an accuont at www.photobucket.com and after you load the pictures up they will give you the img cold to post it up.

have you closed the lower water grates on your aquapod? this will your surface skim

I don't have an aquapod, so no lower water grates, only the top ones. Since I have your attention, I'd like to ask if you think I should change something, or if everything's good(if you want to).

display

12 pounds of figi

3 pounds of figi branch

9 pounds of sand

chambers

1 sponge(I think I'll take it out[imput?])

2 carbon and some black looking gravel in a bag

3 rubble and fuge light(chaeto to come)

4 heater and pump

yeah you dont need the sponge =] you can keep it IF you want to clean it every week. im lazy so i just go without it. for my tank i ran cabon at the beginning and then just removed it. put some kinda screen between the chamber with chaeto and your pump, because mines tend to clog the pump from time to time. i think your set up is fine. if you're in so cal you can drop by and pick up some of my chaeto for free.

Archived