Cultivated Reef

The tank that robbed me!

quy_nquyen

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seastar i posted the step by step in the other thread, so check it out =] i hope it helps.

ME? that's a first time! just for the records guy i did not pay crazinezz to say that. hahah kidding. thanks, cant wait to see your tank crazinezz!

--shawn

What other thread?

Wow, I can't wait to get my frag of the NGCC from Asin. The ones i have from PTF don't open up nearly as nice, but they are super bright however!!

bonsai reefer

DAMIN YOUR TANK IS STYLI'N :D I ALSO LOVE THE EVIL ZOO'S :lol: .JUST GOT MY CHILLER ORDERED THIS WEEKEND TO HELP KEEP HIGH TEMPS AT BAY :happy: TOU JUST HAVE A GIRLFRIEND I HAVE A WIFE THST KEEPS ME ON LOCK DOWN AND THREW AWAY THE KEY I FEEL LIKE THE GIMP :angry:

DAMIN YOUR TANK IS STYLI'N :D I ALSO LOVE THE EVIL ZOO'S :lol: .JUST GOT MY CHILLER ORDERED THIS WEEKEND TO HELP KEEP HIGH TEMPS AT BAY :happy: YOU JUST HAVE A GIRLFRIEND I HAVE A WIFE THST KEEPS ME ON LOCK DOWN AND THREW AWAY THE KEY I FEEL LIKE THE GIMP :angry:

I couldn't find it because I thought you would make a new thread, but that tutorial is great, especially the pictures. I'm thinking of doing what you did but just buying some metal halide endcaps instead of the regent fixture, but then I wouldn't have any uv shield, and after I cut the hole in my splash guard my bulb would be right next to the water which equals no uv shield plus no splash guard so I probably would just have to do it the way you did it(comments?)So the metal halide wires run out through the hole in the hood and are connected to the ballast externally? Oh, by the way where did you get your ballast? thanks

p.s. I heard you mention something about starting a 24 gallon. If you did would you still keep your 12 gallon? If not would you consider selling your retro? :D

p.s.s thanks again

I couldn't find it because I thought you would make a new thread, but that tutorial is great, especially the pictures. So the metal halide wires run out through the hole in the hood and are connected to the ballast externally? Oh, by the way where did you get your ballast? thanks

p.s. I heard you mention something about starting a 24 gallon. If you did would you still keep your 12 gallon? If not would you consider selling your retro? :D

p.s.s thanks again

He's selling the 12 gallon. I think he is keeping the retro though, or hes planning to sell everything as a whole. I don't know. He's one picky mofo that wont make up his mind. Took me almost an hour to talk him into getting the 24 gallon. Picky mofo.

Its seeing pics of awesome tanks like yours that sucked me into reefing ! Outstanding job. Glad to see your no longer on lockdown. :) Congrats on your clown host and good luck, keep it up.( its only money ) :lol:

Wow, I can't wait to get my frag of the NGCC from Asin. The ones i have from PTF don't open up nearly as nice, but they are super bright however!!

the ones from asin are really nice. i didnt think they were going to turn out that green! matt i got a nice frag ready for you. maybe after finals you can meet me at PTF for it.

DAMIN YOUR TANK IS STYLI'N :D I ALSO LOVE THE EVIL ZOO'S :lol: .JUST GOT MY CHILLER ORDERED THIS WEEKEND TO HELP KEEP HIGH TEMPS AT BAY :happy: TOU JUST HAVE A GIRLFRIEND I HAVE A WIFE THST KEEPS ME ON LOCK DOWN AND THREW AWAY THE KEY I FEEL LIKE THE GIMP :angry:

haha women... they just dont understand how we can love someTHING as much as them/

Beautiful tank! Thanks for a great thread. :)

thanks a lot smithcreek!

I couldn't find it because I thought you would make a new thread, but that tutorial is great, especially the pictures. I'm thinking of doing what you did but just buying some metal halide endcaps instead of the regent fixture, but then I wouldn't have any uv shield, and after I cut the hole in my splash guard my bulb would be right next to the water which equals no uv shield plus no splash guard so I probably would just have to do it the way you did it(comments?)So the metal halide wires run out through the hole in the hood and are connected to the ballast externally? Oh, by the way where did you get your ballast? thanks

p.s.s thanks again

everthing is connected externally. i bought my kit from a fellow reefer that wanted to upgrade his lights. i think it's cheaper to buy the regent fixture to get the MH caps + uv shield than to buy just the caps off nanocustoms for more money. If i sell the 12 gallon i want it with the MH =]

He's selling the 12 gallon. I think he is keeping the retro though, or hes planning to sell everything as a whole. I don't know. He's one picky mofo that wont make up his mind. Took me almost an hour to talk him into getting the 24 gallon. Picky mofo.

that guy never contacted me! havent heard from in in about a week. we were sapposed to do the trade yesterday. this probably means NO 24 GALLON FOR ME

Its seeing pics of awesome tanks like yours that sucked me into reefing ! Outstanding job. Glad to see your no longer on lockdown. :) Congrats on your clown host and good luck, keep it up.( its only money ) :lol:

im still on lockdown. ive just been trading for corals though heeheh. im running out of frags to trade with though. so hopefully financial aid money comes soon B) . Now if only i can stop those green algae id be totally satisfied with my tank :angry:

nice tank!

OH HOLY HORSE SHOES! adin commented in my thread!

As one who goes by Dank I can assure you that your tank is indeed quite dank.

haha thanks a lot B)

very nice...

MJD

i hope one day i can break down a wall just for my fish tank. i guess that's only a possibiliy for those who own their own house. im only 20 so i still have a long road ahead of me before i can catch up to you! keep up the good work on your 90 gallon

i just sold the Eagle eyes, fire and nice and some goochester. on top of that i also sold the tank. what does this mean? well it means that im going to take 1 month off from reefing to finish paying off my laptop and UPGRADING to a BIGGER tank! i might set up a 24 gallon aquapod open top with 150 watt mh or maybe a 30 gallon tank! im not sure yet! what do you guys think?

this 12 gallon has gone a long way. it's kinda sad thinking that it's sold :tears:

here's a look back of my 12 gallon journey

setupdone.jpg

that's the laptop that the 12 gallon destroyed!

fts8.jpg

the beginning

fts9.jpg

fts09-1.jpg

look at how small my frags are!

fts09-2.jpg

fts10.jpg

algaegrowth.jpg

the algae that i could never kill :happy:

tankupdate.jpg

FTS.jpg

FTS12.jpg

zoogarden.jpg

garden

saltwater011.jpg

clam002.jpg

yea really nice pics, but sad to see it go. Oh well, Cant wait to see what you do with your new 30. Already looking forward to the thread. Good luck man.

do you guys have any suggestions for a new tank. i need it to be less than 30 inches long and about 24-30 gallons of total volume. im actaully think of the 24 gallon aquapod open top but would be nice to have a 30 gallon. on top of htat MONEY is HUGE factor =[ so if you have suggestion please make suggestions for cheap(in terms of price) tanks

these are the final set of pictures that i will take of the 12 gallon

actinics005.jpg

actinics003.jpg

actinics007.jpg

actinics008.jpg

sorry for the crappy pictures, it was just point and shoot

thanks to those have have inspired, helped, encouraged, and shared any kind words!

--shawn

thanks for the corals shawn... its nice to see where your tank started and where it ended. Something i wish i did with my old reef. Im keeping a photo journal of my current nano so hopefully i'll start a member thread of my own so you can see where your corals went. haha

as far as new tanks..id probaly wait for those crazy $1/gallon sales at petco/petsmart and go pick up a oceanic cubes. if i ever upgrade id probaly go that route.

thanks alot nolan. if you find a 1 dollon/gallon sale let me know!

you should definitely keep a picture journal. i think it's very rewarding to see the progression of your tank.

thanks alot nolan. if you find a 1 dollon/gallon sale let me know!

you should definitely keep a picture journal. i think it's very rewarding to see the progression of your tank.

Thanks for the thread! Your journey has helped me as I begin my journey with a 10g. reef tank. Got bit by the bug with kid's 4-H project in S. FL and 2kids working in a LFS, one with reef tanks at her apt. Now that I am not working I am off & funning. All good things come to those who wait! :D

Archived