Innovative Marine Aquariums

The tank that robbed me!

quy_nquyen

no such thing as a lockdown. if she locks down on you, then she's not worth it. dump the chick in your tank

haha, I had to buy my chiller first thing at the meet while she went to Arby's across the way, she'd have a cow if she know I dumped another $225+ on my tank at once... :owned: But we figure my money is mine and her's is her's as long as we have enough for rent and bills at month end.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MY girl has got me on lockdown also, and I just started, but she's starting to get into it. Like your tank.

haha you're extremely lucky since your girl is starting to get into it. my gf likes it when i stock the tank but hates finding out how much i spend. maybe she should stop opening my bank statement :slap: haha

no such thing as a lockdown. if she locks down on you, then she's not worth it. dump the chick in your tank

jin she's a lion. i'll look like this if i buy another piece of coral :owned:

haha, I had to buy my chiller first thing at the meet while she went to Arby's across the way, she'd have a cow if she know I dumped another $225+ on my tank at once... :owned: But we figure my money is mine and her's is her's as long as we have enough for rent and bills at month end.

slick move matt.

but to be honest it's not her it's me. at this point in my life im not mature and responsible enough to keep up with my extravagance expenditures. I tend to spend most of the money before i even get my check. i guess im cutting myself off to prevent from going into debt. :tears:

this is one SICK TWISTED HOBBY

I just put in a starburst, how long until I can put more in, I have one fish and some crabs/snails? Do I have to take it slow with the corals also?

In my case, I spend my extra (after what's set aside for rent and bills) before I get the check... Well it's not as bad as it used to be though, I set foot in PTF only once a week at the most, in fact it's been OVER a week since I've gone, talk about will power!! My g/f would rather my money go to Dooney and Coach bags for her. :lol: But she fortunately understands my hobby needs. She can't believe I spent $91 on rock, ahahaha!!! To her it's just rock, I could have gotten it from the ground. :P

great looking tank!!

lockdown eh... that's a great idea!! maybe then i can actually afford other things in life. like food. and gas. lol

Tim

I just put in a starburst, how long until I can put more in, I have one fish and some crabs/snails? Do I have to take it slow with the corals also?

im not very sure on how long if at all you would have to wait before putting more in, but to be honest i have never thought about that... i stock my tank as soon as i find a nice frag :happy: if you find the answer to that one let me know :D

In my case, I spend my extra (after what's set aside for rent and bills) before I get the check... Well it's not as bad as it used to be though, I set foot in PTF only once a week at the most, in fact it's been OVER a week since I've gone, talk about will power!! My g/f would rather my money go to Dooney and Coach bags for her. :lol: But she fortunately understands my hobby needs. She can't believe I spent $91 on rock, ahahaha!!! To her it's just rock, I could have gotten it from the ground. :P

they just dont understand hahaha

great looking tank!!

lockdown eh... that's a great idea!! maybe then i can actually afford other things in life. like food. and gas. lol

Tim

hahah that is TRUE hahah but it's hard seeing a nice frag and not being able to buy it...

HAHAHA. SWEET! After X amount of clowns, this one sure made it worth the trouble.

Happy, I edited it. Damn that is nice though hope my clown does that one day.

NICE, it looks great! I'm working on more flow in my tank too. I was able to get the nozzle I'm using right now so that ALL of the water is moving, at least there's no dead spots or so it seems...

IknowAchickNamedXenia

damn foo your tank is looking dank homie....

ive had my ap12 running for about a month now?

its looking pretty good...i havnt got to any mods or upgrades yet...but everything seems to be doing fine...my temperature used to be really steady at 78 to 80 degrees...then one drunken night i came hoe at like 5 in the morning, thoughtabout topping off, but knocked the f.. out and totally forgot to top off when i woke up...then i noticed my temp went hella low like 69degrees...i was like wtfff...apperently my heater straight cracked on me..and since then ive been using some choadie heater and my temps fluctuate like no other...and expecially since the weather in so cal has been kinda off lately...but so far so good all of my corals survived the heater blow out and my temp changes...everything seems good...

my tank is still a virgin pretty much but shes maturing everyday....

i plan on switcing out my pupm to a mj900, better lighting...i think maybe a sun pod so my baby is topless and creating my back compartments into a fuge or something...i went to a local fish spot that i like compared to others around me, and homeboy said i should just leave it with what i got and no fuge....but dayum

i also want to go to LA to pick up on some corals too...everything is that much danker than here in SD =\...i went to go check out a few places int he Karsontorrance area cause thats where my cousin stays...way better than SD...oh well

im still a newbie though soo gyeah

i got a long journey ahead of me

Do you think you could list your cleanup crew ? thanks

clean up crew? what's that? haha i only say that because they are not really helping with my green algae

i have

1 turbo

1 blue legged hermit

1 margarita snial

6 Nassarius

ive had a few more but over the months they died and i just got too lazy to replace them.

-shawn

He has a godzilla sized scarlet hermit. He'll tell you himself.

my godzilla died :D good thing too, because it was knocking over all my frags!

Was it one of those orange sized hermits?? lol! I'd be scared of those. Shawn, my CUC doesn't eat my GHA either. But most of it from my back wall is gone now, I think my limpet mowed much of it down, lol! That and I picked a bit of it out.

Was it one of those orange sized hermits?? lol! I'd be scared of those. Shawn, my CUC doesn't eat my GHA either. But most of it from my back wall is gone now, I think my limpet mowed much of it down, lol! That and I picked a bit of it out.

matt we have different type of algae. mine is not hairy at all... although i do have GHA on one of my frag. when it gets really bushy my hermit cuts it down B). the green algae that i have forms REALLY THICK mats on the sandbed and even rocks. As it grows it ataches it self to the top later of the sand thus making it thick. I think i might need another power head to directly hit the sandbed. i notice one section on my sand bed that has been unaffected, and it just so happens that the sand is constantly being moved in that location.

i had a picture of the hermit when it was alive but since it wasnt clear i decided to get rid of it.... it was basicly as wide as the my 3 head torch when it's not extended

here's a lovely picture of my green mat-like algae, an idea of how big my hermit WAS and my clown being eaten by the torch. I ment hosting :P

clownhosting2.jpg

if you havent noticed i changed the tittle of my thread in hopes to attrach more people and response fingerscrossed

Yeah, I know the type of hermit you speak of. They still scare me, lol! So it sounds like your algae is like cyano, but green instead of red. I have some minor cyano issues in my tank right now, ugh. =/ I plan to get a 2nd pump soon for some cross flow, as I really need it!

Ok, this might sound dumb but I'm still not really understanding how you put your metal halide in. Would it be to much to ask you if you if you could make a thread just on how you did it? I'm mainly not understanding where all the wires and the ballast go and how they're connected. thanks

seastar12 give me till the end of this week (not enought time right now to take it apart). i'll take my hood apart and run through it step by step.

shawn

seastar i posted the step by step in the other thread, so check it out =] i hope it helps.

I am starting a setup exactly like yours tommorow! ofcourse inspired by your thread! :D

ME? that's a first time! just for the records guy i did not pay crazinezz to say that. hahah kidding. thanks, cant wait to see your tank crazinezz!

--shawn

Archived