Pod Your Reef

The Mantis Tank Thread

travisurfer

The good news is, I got money for my birthday today so I can get snails. YAY! I'm going to pick up some liverock too. Maybe even some corals. HEHE! I love having my birthday on labor day. :D

Edited by travisurfer

application to Pets+ ? Happy Birthday, btw. I was at the pets+ by your house the other day and they had a gorgeous piece of LR, I wouldve gotten it if I'd had any money on me.

It must have been gone because I would have bought it. :P I ended up with two smaller ones that are pretty cool. When I take a pic I will post it in the 7g thread. The application is for pets +. Just have to get a worker's permit. That way I get first pic on all the nice pieces of rock. :D

hey dude just thought id pop in and say just picked up another mantis lol the same thing happend the coral tank in the lfs had another visiter.....and thought id take him home much less shy than the other one.....which is kool....but had a slight problem didnt have any where to put him...so ive put him in the same tank as the other one for the time being....been fine so far no problems atall anyways thought id let you know.....hows your anyways still good?

so how are everyone's mantis shrimp doing?...mine will have a new tank in a matter of days...and then a bigger one still in a month! :)

P.S. Travis...why don't you let your snails reproduce like I do...I have eggs everyone in my small FOWLR and soon I'll have little snails everywhere!

Edited by VannReefer87

bozzy: make sure that residency is temperary. when one molts s/he will be eaten by the other mantis

vann: i have tons of tiny snails in my tank. they just arent big enough to provide a meal. i caught one of my astreas releasing sperm. last time I looked there were 5 babies on the glass

argent: keep us posted.

I will try to update my threads as often as possible. Normally I can get on once a day. With more projects and the lfs job it may be hard for me to get pics but I will do my best.

Yeah, I noticed both locations have Now Hiring signs. Thought about it just for the discount and pocket cash (to spend there). I know about every type of animal they sell except for the reptiles, and I know enough to help the average customer with those. I've got dogs, cats, birds, fish, and have had rodents before. Let me know when you start.

yeah, those evil UHC (unidentified hermit crabs) have killed at least 2 snails in the 5.5 gallon. I'm glad we didn't give them to Cozmo, they would've put up a fight.

Even my small hermits(blue legs) are eating snails. Oh, well, they can never molt right since they always end up coming out of their shells. The shells are really starting to pile up though.

These guys ate some pretty big astreas. I don't just mean ate the snail out of the shell, the shell is split in half. I saw a hermit at tropical paradise about the size of a tennis ball that looks exactly like the 3 I've got.

cool, I have to wait until tomorrow to turn the application in since I am soooo tired after the uncw cross country race today. i'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by travisurfer