Pod Your Reef

SHOW OfF YOUR PROP TANKS!

firefishbrain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you guys usually keep your live rock? Obvious answer = sump, but lets say you don't want to drill or deal with overflows, what else are you guys doing?

I'm debating between keeping mine in a marineland hob filter vs. rena filstar canister filter w/ spray bar.

Thoughts?

When I upgrade my 20h and turn it into a prop tank, I am going to look for flat long pieces of live rock to lay across the bottom of the tank and use eggcrate and pvc to have a couple of shelves above the LR.

On my 10 gallon there is an AquaClear 500 HOB filter that is full of rock. I also mount most of my stuff on rubble so there is rock throughout the tank as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Mrseptember15

This is awesome, will someone do a video like how Six did hers? Where she used a small 2.5 tank and video taped an 'under water' tour? That'd be fun

My 24g "junk" tank:

AP 24g

150w hqi 14k

41 different zoanthids

3 kinds of mushrooms

Green star polyp

Pulsing xenia

leather

This started as a reqular reef, but when I got my 75g and 60g started this became my junk tank.

fts.jpg

bambam.jpg

blue.jpg

A few more.

rpe.jpg

sin.jpg

stardust.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0689.jpg

My babies! :)

100_0696.jpg

Nice collection so far Paul. Are those babies PPRPE??

Thanks nugz. Actually they are green speckled PPE I got from er1c the reefer.

What does PPE stand for?

Purple People Eater

In the famous words of ezcompany, they should be purple wallet eaters :lol:

Thought someone might get kick out of this. Set up my 5.5g to hold a few frags while I get my nanocube ready. Using a skilter and a cheapo penguin for flow and some macro in the tank is being held also. Lights are only 32w 50/50 but sufficient for what I have now. Got my first frag of xenia yesterday and have some more on the way. Cute huh?

IMG_0879.jpg

me too. i bought like 90 discs, 60 plugs, 30 rocks. must... catch up... to mvite...

LOL!!!

I like the ones with the pebbles on them the best. I just got those directly from the website.

They smell like something familiar---but I don't know what. My wife says "drywall". Do you think they could be made out of gypsum?

LOL!!!

I like the ones with the pebbles on them the best. I just got those directly from the website.

They smell like something familiar---but I don't know what. My wife says "drywall". Do you think they could be made out of gypsum?

They do remind me of wet drywall mud. Hey mvite my man, how's it goin? Did you get the large or the small versions? I just picked up some of the smalls (~7/8" top). Kind of wish I'd gotten some larger ones too.

Nice prop tanks everybody! Glad to see this thread is still going. I just love prop tanks. I actually went total prop style, and have no "display" whatsoever. Yet.

They do remind me of wet drywall mud. Hey mvite my man, how's it goin? Did you get the large or the small versions? I just picked up some of the smalls (~7/8" top). Kind of wish I'd gotten some larger ones too.

Nice prop tanks everybody! Glad to see this thread is still going. I just love prop tanks. I actually went total prop style, and have no "display" whatsoever. Yet.

WHOA!! I don't think I have ever bumped into you on a thread!!

I bought the small plugs and the discs---

I started with a display and then went prop style---If I were to do it again--I would reverse it---that way I would always have coral for my display.

Socalsuperhero

Mine is a work in progress. 3x 40g tanks on an iron stand that I picked up for $45 off craigslist. Tanks are 36x15x17, so not 40b's but should still work out nicely. They'll all be plumbed together and each tank will have various t5 lighting configurations for different corals. Now all I need to do is find space.

Img_3667.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived