ReefCleaners.org

SHOW OfF YOUR PROP TANKS!

firefishbrain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SuperPuffer

very nice Raskal! ever thought about shipping some of those green toadstools??? lol... it is seriously awesome though :)

very nice Raskal! ever thought about shipping some of those green toadstools??? lol... it is seriously awesome though :)

:D no not yet. I was selling a few to help cover my cost when I bought them but I'm keeping what I have left (15 frags) to grow. These grow amzingly welll in my system. I got them about 5 weeks about at 1/4 - 1/2 and very unhealthy. They are already .75-1.25 inch, I even re fraged 6 of them last night.

I have to say "Excuse the mess" to everyone who comes to my house to buy frags :D I'm almost at the point where I cant get to the tank a anymore.

looks like some major bowing of the acrylic on the left side, Raskal. are you concerned about that?

not at all, I've seen much worst. I'd be very concerned if I didnt have those corner brace though.

SuperPuffer
:D no not yet. I was selling a few to help cover my cost when I bought them but I'm keeping what I have left (15 frags) to grow. These grow amzingly welll in my system. I got them about 5 weeks about at 1/4 - 1/2 and very unhealthy. They are already .75-1.25 inch, I even re fraged 6 of them last night.

wow, well good luck ;)

The Propagator

I have seen acrylic prop tanks bow as much a 3 inches before ( 3/4" thick though and 5'x12'x2 1/2'). all they used was the same coner bracing technique. Its still up today and about 6 years old.

The Propagator

SWEET!

A little over kill with the 1" PVC though LOL!

But nice set up none the less!

DO I see orange and green capricornis frags on the top right?

SWEET!

A little over kill with the 1" PVC though LOL!

But nice set up none the less!

DO I see orange and green capricornis frags on the top right?

Its actually 1.5 inch am Im glad I used it the selves are super sturdy...

I have red and green monti cap thats doing very well and keeping its color under PC's on the top shelf...

The Propagator

Sweet. I just used 1/2" and cut groves in it for the egg crate to seat in before I glued them together.

I can put around 40lbs per shelf if its spread out.

I also only have 4 leggs that touch the ground on a 2 shelf staggard prop rack.

Leaves room under neath to grab fallen frags and to place stuff that need special acclimation to my HQI.

• 1 month later...
mahi mahi boy

That's a handsome frag tank, VermontReef. How much weight are you guessing the tiers of egg-crate can hold? All of you guys have nice tanks BTW.

Archived