Top Shelf Aquatics

SHOW OfF YOUR PROP TANKS!

firefishbrain

firefishbrain

I don't have one, but I would love to see some of your guys'. something used for private (your own reasons) reasons, not commercial (like what you would see at lfs). and please state what you use it for (actual growing and fragging, just being able to have lots of corals, etc etc)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
er1c_the_reefer

ehhh... i guess i'll go first. i'm planning on taking down my other tank and turning this into a display tank soon though. cant afford to have two tanks running, electricity just hit $200 last month at my house. funny thing is we don't have A/C either.

As soon as I clear up the new-tank algae bloom ;)

20g long with the last 8" or so on the left side sectioned off as an in-tank fuge. Partial manifold return.

er1c_the_reefer

Seriously. But snails are ridiculously expensive. I can't stand the paying $1 per snail. It's just not right.

er1c_the_reefer

I've had snails lay eggs, but never really seen any of the eggs hatch, let alone the snails multiply. Start an aquacultured snails thread and give me details. lol

Reefer Addict

Mine seem to do the 'nasty' every few weeks... :lol: Even with predation, there seems to be a few that survive and thrive.

firefishbrain

super awesome tank, what do you use that tank for growing coral to put a colony in your display or to frag and sell?

My cerith and nerite snails reproduce alot, I started out with 10 and I probaly have double that in only a few weeks. They have alot of eggs but only a small percent get full grown in my tank. And at the 2 LFS closest to me snails are 2.98$ each.

I got 75 Nassarius snails for $5.00 on ebay. Go look on there. You're sure to find some deals.

I don't think I've ever seen so many ricordias in one place.

Oh yeah, nice tanks.

Hey propagator can you write a thread about how to frag ricordias? Ive never done it but I have some Yumas and floridias that I want to frag...Thanks

very nice tanks, prop!

i was wondering, in your mixed tank, what's the bottom cap of that pvc pipe for? the capped end of the tee?

The Propagator

Thanks guys and gals!

Tinyreef, That cap helps to slow the head pressure with out putting undue stress on my pump. sort of like a mini baffle effect.

A thread on propagating rics will be on the way soon.

TP

The Propagator

The sight of ricordea absolutely disgusts me.

NOT !!!!!

:)

firefishbrain

Man I can't wait until I'm a grown-up... (lol) pro, I didn't see too many of the more "exotic" colors, like the pinks, the gray and reds, and other flourescent colors, they all looked the same to me, do you grow those out yourself, or do yu just relly like those colors? ;)

Archived