ReefCleaners.org

My 1 Gal Pico (It'll be Perfect)

KMitch

i have seen these GROMITS i used on my uncles motorbike and they are fairly small and round.

they look like this kinda-

gromit.jpg

i was thinking you could put them like this-

gromit2.jpg

then put some sort of sealent like super glue gel to keep it in place

this is how i might look on ur tank-

gromit3.jpg

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that is an interesting idea, it wouldnt work since the grommets are too small. I went ahead and glued and siliconed the back on there and found a piece of wood that will fit nicely as a small weight prop. I am going to spray paint tomorrow. I am also cutting acrylic lids for the tank with holes drilled to allow for my plumbing but to limit evap. I am uber excited.

yeah we're excited too -- hurray up! I need other people to entertain the masses to keep me from having to do it all! ;)

LOL--- well I hope to share that burden. Paint is drying now. This afternoon I am going to water test and finish cutting the lids.

Kmitch's Argent-inspired tank is beginning to inspire me. I need something alive here on my desk at work.

Fish Tanks are beginning to take over my life! I'm addicted, I need to go to meetings.

Kmitch's Argent-inspired tank is beginning to inspire me. I need something alive here on my desk at work.

Fish Tanks are beginning to take over my life! I'm addicted, I need to go to meetings.

Muhahahahahaha

Join the dark side of the reef!

I know i am dying to get back to school and put some water in here. I actually dont think i will be putting cheato in the back fuge, just purigen and some lr rubble. thankfully i dont have to worry about the tank overflowing bc i designed it so it can never flood if the power cuts.

oh i forgot to mention-- i already have my corals for this tank. Pets_unlimited_fish_guy hooked me up with some frags of stuff and i have collected some other frags. I glued them onto a rock that i affectionally now call "frag mountain" which is in my 10g right now. Once the pico is setup, the rock and all its frags are going in. Bunch of zoas, some rics, and a few shrooms.

I am really excited about it. If you ask nicely I may post a pic of "### Mountain"-- the zoas and rics frag that will be going in my tank,

Kingofthejungle

^Lol argent, pleeease post pics, your tank has a real nice 'clean' look about it. Dont ruin it once corals are in!

^Lol argent, pleeease post pics, your tank has a real nice 'clean' look about it. Dont ruin it once corals are in!

Could anything really be ruined by adding corals?

And I'll see your "ask nicely for pics", and raise you a "with sugar on top".

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Wow your tank really is turning out...Im impressed at first i couldnt see how the fuge was going to work, but now it looks great. I might have to steal your idea for my 2 gal.

:ninja: <--for no reason i just like ninjas

Hehe, its looking great so far :D Wish I had your patience cos I would have liked to have done so much more to my tank, but the Pico Itch got me!

oh yeah and PLEEEEEEeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase can we see your piccys

OKay Okay...

Enough asking! :)

Frags.jpg

The bigg rock there will be going in, along with some other misc frags. I have two macros, one of some polyps i cant ID and then the GSP. I have a few rocks that have a really neat shape to them that will be going into this tank.

My other misc frags include some various shrooms and two rics.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news-- the wait is almost over. Water goes in the tank on Friday! I will post pics once my camera gets unpacked from the journey back to school.

Archived