inTank Media Baskets

My 1 Gal Pico (It'll be Perfect)

KMitch

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fishfreak218
lol you are trying to take the fun out of this for me! Also the goal is to save money.

:):lol:

ummm..

you get what you pay for

:unsure::blush:

Ok so heres what me thinks:

design2.bmp

I use the inlet tube from the filter and use the pump to suck water into the mini filter built on the back. The mini back filter only sticks out 3 inches and is 2 inches deep, so I can prolly use a slightly thinner acrylic than .25 which is easier. Using baffles and eggcrate I can create a area for water to trap into as the filter before being dumped back into the main tank.

I am such a doofus... I can simplify this whole process if I come up with "legs" for the light that are 1.5 inches high so the light would clear the intake. Duh! :huh:

Now what to make legs out of.....

I agree w/Argent, just cut the back side of the light hood. LED's direct almost all their light in one direction (in this case down) so you won't have hardly any loss of light from the back. You could probably even take the entire back side off to help with any heat the LED arrays give off.

Great news- for every problem there is a solution. Coralife legs are a godsend. I just screwed those puppies in and am not using some glue to reinforce it, but I now I have legs for the tank that lift it up enough.

Will post pics for you pic beasts later. I am also excited because I found out there is a reef club where I go to school and they are willing to give me all kinds o goodies for my tank.

Yippee!

Yeah thus far (without asking) I have scored an RO/DI, a 22 lbs bag of black moon sand, an Aquaclear 110, an adjustable surface skimmer, and possibly some frags. Great bunch of hokies helping out some fellow hokies.

GO HOKIES!

OK well its not completely free--- the thing is broken (U tube needs repair) but that is easy enuf to fix.

Hey I am a poor college student who happened to meet some great reefers!

Now all I need is some black spray paint and for my LEDs to arrive.... (argent did you gets yours yet?)

Just a thought, but could you raise the fuge above the water line, use the pump to move the water INTO the fuge and then a pipe could pour the water back into the tank.

That way you could house this inside your hood.

how long have u been waiting. i was going to get one and fun it at night but uve been waiting long now i dont want to orde one lol

Still didnt get em today-- I ordered last Tuesday. Argent-- you got the 8 LED one right? How bright is it? I got 2 of the 8's and 1 24

Well from the pics it looks pretty bright... thats the 8 LEDs? You think 40 LEDs will be enuf over my 1 gal? Hoping they come on wednesday

I'm actually considering getting the larger LED assembly (24? I can't remember) because I was hoping the light to be brighter. The 8 LED's would make nice moonlights if they were in blue.

Do they do enuf light for your quart tank or would you still need more? I am really getting worried, although I figure I can always use the origional light that came with the tank to suppliment the LEDs if they arent bright enuf.

LEDs Came! (finally)

So heres a side by side comparison:

lights.gif

Top is the 24s bottom is the 8s in blue

I think the top looks dimmer because of the diffuser lens in it. I am going to install them all and see how it looks, and If it needs more light I will add the 7w PC light in there somehow.

Archived