My 1 Gal Pico (It'll be Perfect)

KMitch

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am the terror that flaps in the night,

I am the weed wacker in the garden of evil,

I AM Darkwin....err no wait

I am just Argent :) and I take credit for inspiring people to pico reef.

kmitch is lady?? wow

whats that supposed to mean??

I know my avatar pic isnt great bc i am scuba diving, but do i look that much like a dude? j/k

UPDATE TIME!

So after my LASIK surgery today I got to work on finishing the hood. I have the 7w PC bulb with the 24 LED set and one of the blues (other blue just became moonlights in my 10g) in there. I am pleased with the results right now. Very bright!

I know the pic makes the LEDs look like they are barely on, but thats because my camera was too busy focusing and adjusting for the light of teh 7w. I used seperate cords for the leds and pc light so i can do dusk/dawn lighting as well.

Now all i need is to get back to school so i can set this baby up!

finished%20hood.jpg

oh yea and im NanoClown another main contributer to this thread

SWEET I LIKE I LIKE! good job when i get a new camera imma show yall some picks of my 5g and my 2.5 Mini-Bow im starting up

give yourself a pat on the back nanoclown... lol

I just cut myself an acrylic lid for the top of the tank to minimize evap. Still debating drilling it-- just so I have something to do for the next month until I get to set it up!

a month?? oh man -- guess I'll have to set up another tank in the mean time to keep myself occupied! Anyone have a JBJ 6G Nanocube for cheap? :D

Tank looks great so far Kmitch :D, but I cant wait a whole month!

Quick Argent use your jedi mind tricks and add more people to the pico cult!!!

:bowdown::bowdown:

lol ^^

I am thinking about making a fuge for the back of the tank by using one of those acrylic specimen containers they use at the fish store on the back of my tank. I may still have a project for you to enjoy watching! lol.

(25 days till pico...)

I think I'm going to use an AC500 on the back of my 5.5G as a fuge -- so it should be interesting to watch your project too!

I thought about doing an AC mod to the back, but those things are huge and I worried about it tipping. Also wanted it to stay with the look of my tank. Although the look is getting stranger by the day.... lol

yeah with a 1 gallon tank the AC fuge might weight more than the tank -- but I doubt it'll outweigh my 5.5 gallon - I probably will build a small base for it to rest on anyway.

I need to carefully plan this one out though -- needs to have a full hood type device as I have two overly curious kitty kats living with me and I don't want them snacking on anything in there.

I need to carefully plan this one out though -- needs to have a full hood type device as I have two overly curious kitty kats living with me and I don't want them snacking on anything in there.

^ E.G.G.C.R.A.T.E

I have 4 cats who enjoy my tank but cant get at it with the custom hood and eggcrate I have covering it.

Good news folks--- there shall be more entertainment for the next month.

I got a specimen container that is almost the exact size of the tank and will be my new fuge, so I will be cutting into the tank very soon for a fuge system hanging off the back.

I sure can!

I move back to school on August 4th, so that weekend, there will be life!

In the interum-- I purchased a Rio powerhead yesterday that is very itty bitty and will serve me well as the main pump to power this project. I am hoping to finish cutting all my holes tonite and to glue overnight. I am going to also build a lid for the fuge, so there wont be any chance of water evap. I am not worried too much about the temp in the tank but I am worried about evap, so hopefully i can cut that to a minimum. I will post pics once there is something to see besides me picking my brain.

Archived