Cultivated Reef

A 12year olds 55g reef

mushroom head

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mushroom head

Hey! Im in british columbia right now at a cousins house. Ill be here for quit a long time still. I got my dads dad to feed and top off my tank,i hope nothing goes wrong. But before i left this girl that owns a LFS took my fox face and put him in her QT tank,it wasnt doing so good,had pretty bad ick,so hes in a QT right now getting better. When i get back ill clean everything up and then take some pics of the tank.

Texan,ill take a look at your tank soon! I just have to go back to were i am staying,but ill be able to go on a computer soon.

• 2 weeks later...
mushroom head

I got back from british columbia! The tank had lots of algae on the glassbut i cleaned that up then hooked up my skimmer. And i never had anything die while i was gone! Also i bought a rose BTA and some snake skin polyps! the BTA was hiding the first few days but hes coming out alot more now! Hes about 5x5",pretty big. And the snake skin polyps are opening up nicely! Ill take some pics soon once i get everything cleaned up.

Irishtexan-Very nice 5.5g! But i want a new FTS of the tank!!! I only can find a FTS on the first page,need a new one!

Man I havent been on here in a while. School just startedd and I have nothing to do. Nice tank it really looks great. I see you got some Sps. awesome. Keep with the pics.

mushroom head

Thanks Xavier!

BoBoSkater- Yeah i dont have school for another 2 weeks...yay! Thanks! And yes i have a few sps...brown montipora(suppose to be green),one green millie,two brown millies(suppose to be pink),one orange with white polyp montipora capricornus,and a brown bubble gum acro(suppose to be pink),but once i get my prop tank set up the sps should get there colour back. Because the tank will have high lighting and high flow,also it will be for sps ONLY,and no sand bed so low nutrients. Ill take a few pics because i just got some tomato clowns and there getting hosted by the BTA i got for them! Yay!

Nice clowns.

Yeah Shroom believe me. There will definently be some color.

Here is an idea of what is going in this week:

RPE

Pink Palys

Grey Speckled Palys

Pink/ purple zoo's

Watermelons

Aquamarine teals

Emerald grapes

That is just a few that I purchased. So there should be plenty of color. LOL

texx

mushroom head

Oh yeah there will be colour alright!!! I got some eagle eyes not to long ago,only 2 polyps though,ill try to get some pics. Im getting 60 polyps of them for free soon,along with elerctic drag eyes,and green bay pakers,60 polyps of each!!! Also im going to save up so i can pay for shipping and a few colonies of sps from this place. They sell sps COLONIES(like 6x6 inches)for $49 each! Pretty much any kind of sps colony,acro,montipora,birdnest,stylo,anything! So im going to try to get a few colonies from him them frag then and put them in my frag tank im setting up.

• 3 weeks later...
mushroom head

Sorry for the lack of updates,just been busy with school. Well i traded a few frags away and got a mandarin that is eating frozen foods! Also got 3-4 new colours of zoas! Moved my hammer today into lower flow area and he is opening up nicely! Ill post some new pics up soon of the new corals and a new FTS! Also picking up my green bay pakers,eagle eyes,and electric dragon eye zoas up soon!

Awesome! Can't wait to see those new zoo's! All my frags are in the tank and I will be gluing them to the rock work very soon.

GL!

texx

mushroom head

Thanks! Ill prolly get some pics tomorrow of the new zoas. Make sure you take new pics of yours!! Well ill be going up to saskatoon where this guy is opening up a shop soon. And he will prolly have lots of corals,and hopfully lots of sps!!! So ill prolly be getting a few new corals soon,also might be buying 20 pounds of tonga branch live rock soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Well im going to the grand opening of the fish store on saturday! Cant wait!!!! Also im getting a 7x7 inch colony of hydnopora tomorrow! Ill take pics when it opens up!

• 3 weeks later...
mushroom head

Well got the hydnopora its doing great! Also got a crap load of yellow polyps,neon green button polyps,and a green bubble coral. Also got two emerald crabs and some snails. Picking up a few hundred polyps of zoas today! Getting like orange eagle eyes,red eagle eyes,dragon eyes,bambam orange,and loads more! Also i ordered a 4g finnex glass aquarium with a 13watt finnex light and it also comes with a lil filter. Im going to set it up in my room, any suggestions for coral stocking for the tank? I was thinking all LPS,but i dont know yet.

-Cody

mushroom head

Well i got some pics in my gallery of the 4g. I set it up already,cycling right now! Also all of my zoas are opend up! Ill get some pics of everything tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
mushroom head

Just got a firefish for my tank! He is a bit shy but that is understandable, he just stays in the corner for now, but hes really neat!

• 4 weeks later...
mushroom head

Well getting a frag of joker polyps,eagle eyes,purple people eaters,and red people eaters for free soon from a really good friend! Ill get some updated pics soon.

mybuickskill6979

dude good stuff. hehe. my moms always hated me having fish when i was at home lol. then my landlord hated my tanks. and there just fresh water and he said they take to much energy lol!!

now i'm living back at home hehe. and my mos is ######ing again hehe!!

Good luck man,get some pics of that 70g.I just bought a 30g and I think its huge!I would love to have somthing like that,maby a 100g.The only reason I want tanks tha are out of the nano range is because I love fish!

Where the hell do you get corals in sask?Regina?I am having a hell of a time finding frags in victoria.

Well good luck,keep us updated and take full advantage of the frags avalable.

-fugu

Archived