Pod Your Reef

A 12year olds 55g reef

mushroom head

mushroom head

Well i sold the 55g............and bought a 70g! I also bought a two bulb T5 fixture,so ill have 8 T5 bulbs over the 70g,i also bought a megnetic holder and swivle mount for my tunze stream!

qwertyuiop-Tanks sounds good,do you have any pics of it that you could show me? Thanks!

noobie_reefster-You have any pics of your tank that you could show me also? Yeah its really good to have parents that are into the hobby,my dad buys loads of corals for my tank! Thanks!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahah...ive been gone for ever, and thought youd have the tank set up by now!

So, your doing a 70 now? YAY!!!..good luck man!

[i got a clown, and a green chromis 2 weeks apart for my 15 gallon, both are doing GREAT!!!, and my tank parameters are good...just to let ya know..lol]

Flick :)

Hey, i'm fourteen and I can only afford a 10 gallon nano.

But then again, my dad did slam a hole in my 55 by accident ;o

mushroom head

flick-Thanks! Your tank sounds to be doing well to!

Cesar-Yup a 70g! Im picking it up on Saturday morning! BTW your 20g is awesome!

CGNano-Yeah,i couldnt afford all this stuff without the help of my dad! WOW! That sucks that you got a whole in your 55g

I also ordered a blue millie,pink millie,blue prostrata,and bubble gum acro! Im getting them held in a friends tank which can support sps!

YAYA!!!..im excited now!

Hope it all works out in the end man!

Yes, my tank is going great! ...so far! I just tested water, all is PERFECT!!!.... I do have to do a water change tomrrow though...And i need to feed a bit less...lol. When we move in 4 months (around July 25th i think we get the keys for the new house) im setting up a 29gallon salt in main entrance...like 15 feet away from door, and any window...so its the 1st thing you see when you walk in...its going to look like an office building, cant wait!!!

It's good to see some really young reefers out there. Makes me wish I had started sooner :) ...Good luck with your tank! My brother's just about your age and I hope he'll take interest in this hobby as well.

• 2 weeks later...
mushroom head

Hey never knew people where still posting on this thread!

Flick-Sounds good! In my 20g i got a cyano bloom :( There is cyano all over the place, it sucks!

cpvince-Thanks! I heard about corals on T.V. and look on ebay and they look so interesting! About a year later i started to research and research,and i decided that i was going to start a reef aquarium! I just took a look at your tank thread,and WOW! I love your zoos! Im starting up a zoo only tank for my desk and those blue zoos are amazing!

audiocontrol-I totally forgot about this thread! Ill post pics soon,i re-siliconed the tank cause it had a leak in it. Ill get some pics of the tank soon!

mushroom head

Well i might be getting 12 pieces of 8" diameter cast acrylic tubing that is 1/4" thick. Im going to use three of the pieces to make a kalk reactor,calcium reactor,and a phosban reactor. Any other ideas on what i can use it for? My friend is a DIY guy and has a router and lots of other tools,so hes going to make flanges for me. I also got a few types of macro algae yesterday! Chaeto,and two other unknown kinds. I found a few starfish,pods,and mysis shrimp in the chaeto!

• 2 weeks later...
mushroom head

Well I spray painted the back of the 70g with black paint! I also layed anothe bead of silicone on the bottom to make sure it doesnt leak. I also scraped off all the coraline algae that was on the walls of the tank.When i was doing a leak test,well it started to rain,snow,and hail out side so i decided to take out all the water and wait for another day to do the leak test. Oh and i bought two gold and white squwasmosa clams for $45 each. And i decided im going to do a very thin layer of sand(1/2")or go bare bottom cause the sand is so nasty in my 20g and i cant clean it very good and i just hate it so im going to go for a very thin layer of sand of bare bottom.

pics!!!!

im 13 (14 on may 24) and am selling my 20 gallon and am setting up a 1 gallon(have rock and sand)and hopefully setting up a 30 gallon long planted tank with 20 gallon sump and asm g1x skimmer.

was doing a leak test,well it started to rain,snow,and hail out side so i decided to take out all the water and wait for another day to do the leak test.

I guess you won't be needing a chiller on this tank LOL :)

fishguy13

Hey Mushroom Head its zippo. Do you know any good way to get rid of ich i git a new fish and its all over

Please tell me as soon as posible

THANKS!!! :)

mushroom head

reefgeek-Hey! I do not know why but i love small tanks! Im actually going to start a 2.5g soon.

pico1-lol yeah,it does get cold here where i live.

fishguy13-Hey zippo,long time no see. I havnt cheaked this thread in a while,so you prolly go a anwser already for your question.

TIGER ACE15-yeah id say it turned out pretty good!

Oh and i got my stand for the 70g. Its pretty nice! Im also getting my 3 squwamosa clams tonight!

AGREED! lol ;) (about pics)

How did you spray paint the back? Doesnt it seep through the glass, and kill fish? Or.... Can anyone give me details on how to do this? That would be more than great! Thanks!

mushroom head

Hey everyone! I was on vacation and thats why i havnt been posting pics and things. But i will get pics soon,you should see the clams that i got! There amazing! I also have some new macro algae,button polyps,and conches. BTW all of this stuff is in my live rock curing tank. And im getting the wood stove taken out soon so ill be able to set up the 70g soon.

Flick-I just got a can of this spray paint that other reefers say is good to use,i can remember what kind it is though,sorry. And i just took the can and sprayed it on,also covered the sides and top of the tank so none gets in the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived