inTank Media Baskets

A 12year olds 55g reef

mushroom head

lol...yes, i may be a bit addicted to pets....

And i fell like the biggest a$$whole ever!...i forgot my horses/ponies..!!!!...

I have 4 shetlands named: Claire, Emma, Mickey, and Feild...

2 swedish warmbloods named Aries and Sundae...

and 7 Quater horeses named: Red, Jesse, Amber, Brooke, Victor, Morgan, and Aero....

thx

FLick

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...yuppers..300 pets sounds right..lol...by the time im 20 (which is like 4 yrs..)..HAHAHAHAH...

Yea, thats only 63 pets...not including the hamsters since i forgot, and all of my cichlids (i probably have 200-300 adults and fry now)....i am still asking for 2 rats, a ferret, a chameleon, and cockatiels....lol

Flick

(BTW, sry mushroom head for posting this junk about my pets..lol...i really wanna see a FTS..lol..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee?)

WOW, its Doogie Hauser of the aquarium world! When I was 12, yes I had a tank but I think I had some fresh water frogs and zebra danios. I did not have my first salt tank until I was 17 and, that was 18 yrs ago. Hmmm, I wonder if I called up my mom tonight if she might fund my saltwater addiction :D Its nice to know people of all ages are into this and, good luck 2u.

mushroom head

flick-lol...i dont mind you posting this stuff about your pets...woops,i almost forgot about pictures of the stuff! I will get some tonight after i eat.

TIGER ACE15-haha,yup!

koden-lol,yeah. Man your tanks are so dang nice! I really love your 5g custom! Your making me want to get a lil custom tank around 5g now for my computer desk!

I can beat that :o I've had:

-too many hermit and fidler crabs to count

-3 bearded dragons

-2 pacman frogs

-10 or so salamanders

-9 baby red eared slider turtles

-1 thai crab

-1 leopard geko

-1 pixie toad

-1 emerald swift (that's a lizard)

-6 dogs (4 of them pomerainians 2 labs)

-10 cats

-26 horses

- 2 gallon brackish puffer tank

- 5 gallon bow-front nano reef

- 29 gallon fresh water tank

too many things! omgomgomg and that's not even counting my tank inhabitants

My family has have had the follow

5 Dogs

10Cats

11 Chickens

like 15+ Bunnys

like 20+ hamters

Like 50+ other roadints

20+ Snakes

2 frogs (the things where the size of my hand)

I have 2 bearded dragons

10+ other kinds of lizards

4 Suger gliders(how ever you spell it)

2 Paroits

Like 10 other birds

3fresh water tanks

1 saltwater

Most off those were my sisters she worked at a reptile store, but she moved like 10months ago and my dad couldnt be happy all those animal are gone

I am 15 now, but 16 in TWO DAYS!! that means first job at LFS

I cant wait to see your tank, and I cant even think of what your tanks will look like when your 20.

mushroom head

WOW! Thats alot of pets there! Thanks BoBoSkater! I wish i could work at a LFS,but the problem is there isnt any LFS were i live. I have to order online or get my dad to drive me a hour to get to a fish store(he likes going to since i got him addicted to reefing). And and...pictures!!!

my live rock curing tank...

DSC00896.jpg

the aquarium...

DSC00894.jpg

my stand with the light on it...

DSC00895.jpg

Oh and my dad found a company that will sand blast my stand! After its all sand blasted and painted,we are going to get a friend to make us a wooden cover for the stand so it will look nicer.

Man NO LFS that must suck I have like 5 I like a 20-30drive. Sorry if you have already said this, but are you going to drill the tank or have a HOB?

mushroom head

malawi freak-this is about a lil of both...lol. BTW thanks!

BoBoSkater-yeah,it does suck. Im going to have a HOB overflow and the returns will go over the tank of the tank. My dad says i cant have a sump/refugium or any of that stuff,cause he dont want the sump over flowing or the tank overflowing,but im going to rig it up so when the power goes out the overflow wont overflow alot of water to make the sump overflow,and im going to make it so when the power comes back on the return pump doesnt come on and it overflows the tank(cause the siphon overflow does not turn on when the power comes back on). And im going to have a heater in the main tank just in case the power does turn off,cause the heater is in the sump and will only heat that water so if i have one in the main tank it will keep the tank heated.

mushroom head

I have turned on the lights just not on the tank...and holy crap!!! They light up my whole house! Ill get a pic of the turned on sitting on the tank pretty soon once the legs for the light arrive.

nice mushroom head!!!...cant wait to see it all set up man!....better be good, as id hate you to be disaponted with it..Can i have it all...lol?

[ps-we sold my 4 shetland ponies Claire, Emma, Mickey and Feild to a special needs riding centre.....i miss them:(....But at least i know they will be loved!!!....(Claire was renamed to Penny, Feild was renamed to Teddy, and Emma was renamed Mini to go with Mickey...lol) and my beloved gecko died last week :(:(:(...im sad now, i want another one!...PLUS!!!....my two SW clowns died within 2 days of getting them but i got my money back from the guy cuz they were sick when i bought them!..which was nice he gave me the money back! and 4 new baby budgies hacthed week and a half ago!!!..sooo cute n fuzzy now!]

Flick

mushroom head

flick-oh,that sucks,sorry to here about the gecko and the two SW clonws :( rip. Atleast you got your money back for the clowns. My lil scooter blenny only 1 1/2" long died a few days ago :( He will be remembered. I dont know how he died. I just found him laying upside down on the sand bed :(

mushroom head

flick-FTS of what? There aint water in it! Its just a empty tank like before.

BoBoSkater-my legs for the fixture arrived,there a bit to tall though so i think im not going to use them and thinking of somthing else.

• 2 weeks later...
mushroom head

No. Not yet. We have to get a wood stove taken out,and the roof fixed were it will be getting taken out of,cause thats were the tank is going to go,but im getting a order in of 40-50 pounds of feather rock in for the tank.

mushroom head

YAY! I got my tunze stream today with controller! Its awesome,i tested it in water,that thing pumps water! I love it!

• 2 weeks later...

im 13 and i have a 29g

im getting a 50g or a 55g in about a year (or when i have enough cash!!) :P

Cant wait to see how yours turns out!!!

noobie_reefster

Im 15 and i have a 20 g.

Im also thinking about upgrading my tank to a 50g+.

Its good to have parents in the hobby. My dad has 72g sw tank and we just swap frags and stuff. It's pretty tight.

Keep up the good work!

Archived