Cultivated Reef

[CUSTOM] Fishfreak218

Fishfreak218

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i found someone local with yellow rics...im prob. going to get some for my pico...

here is 2 pics of HIS tank.. NOT mine.. but the yellow rics on the bottom are the ones i might be getting...

o94as4.jpg

o94cir.jpg

P.S. this guys tank ROCKSSS

i went to LFS tonight and came back w/ a yellow Gorgonian... i am already feeding DT's for well.. the feather dusters..(i have quite a few now)... this tank is going to be /already is dominated by Corallimporphs [mushrooms, ric] and feather dusters... the gorg. is acclimating.. and i thought.."well im already feeding why not give it a try"

and so i got one with open polypsand it is acclimating still with a few polyps out.... im hopeing for the best...lol

-josh

ya, i heard that...i just hope that algea doesnt grow on it... i dont have any cyano... we will see.. it would look awesome in my 1.8g Hex but Gil hasnt answered me... so...imstuck with the 2g.

i went to LFS tonight and came back w/ a yellow Gorgonian...

and so i got one with open polypsand it is acclimating still with a few polyps out.... im hopeing for the best...lol

-josh

He FF, since people are posting pics of their cars, I thought I would throw this into the mix. I got this frag from "formerly icyuodd/icyoud2" about two weeks ago - my polyps popped within a couple of hours after putting it in. It now looks like this almost all the time and I love it!

post-17519-1140750989_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the polyps retract for an hour or two completely and then suddenly come back out. Seems to go in cycles at certain times of the day...

He FF, since people are posting pics of their cars, I thought I would throw this into the mix. I got this frag from "formerly icyuodd/icyoud2" about two weeks ago - my polyps popped within a couple of hours after putting it in. It now looks like this almost all the time and I love it!

Sometimes the polyps retract for an hour or two completely and then suddenly come back out. Seems to go in cycles at certain times of the day...

lol, ya i LOVE gorg's. ... i want a photosynthetic one though... they sell one type on liveaquaria.com .. anyway u have a REALLY nice one there.. mine is the adverage yellow w/ white polyps...

those yellow rics are awesome!

ya i know.. their $30 a polyps though.. i want to get at least 2 and have them in diff. tanks so that if one has an accident i am not out of yellow rics.. im waitning for a PM back from him

i found someone local with yellow rics...im prob. going to get some for my pico...

here is 2 pics of HIS tank.. NOT mine.. but the yellow rics on the bottom are the ones i might be getting...

o94as4.jpg

o94cir.jpg

P.S. this guys tank ROCKSSS

He's got SWEET Xenias!!

ya, lol... ANYWAY about that guy... he said that he had 1 rockwith 5 polyps on it.. i said whats the ppp (price per polyp) and he said $30 each.. so $150 is a little much.. i told him that i would only like 2polyps and he said than i can put two rocks near the main coloney and wait for them to split (ugh)... soi guess i will have to wait.... they are neat rics though..... he has SUCH a great takn..... and some REALLY cool rics.. look at the orange ones with the green ring around them... and the dark blue ones...anyway i hope i can get them b4 the contest ends. but as u and me know... Ricordea can take FOREVER to split...lool.... oh well.. i'll get them someday..

lol, look at those yellow ones...HOW COULD ANYONE [who loves rics] say no....??? lol.. some Yumas cost like $90 for 1 polyp...i think these Rics are AWESOME!!!! anyway.. thinking about my upgrade after the contest.. IDK if i want to do a custom cube..or use my 1.8g hex, or do a 6g. NC.. i just dont know what to do....hmmm.....or just put it into my main tank (once its re-set-up ) ...i dont know.. i think i want something on my desk so.......

Fishfreak218

ok, well i was really bored today and had no HW (homework) so i decided.. screw waiting... im just going to do it.. so i went ahead and transfered everything into the 1.8g Hex... its not against any of the rules.. also i added some Caulerpa Prolifera.. right now most of the coral are majorly ###ed.. so no pics.. later when things start to look better and the water clears up... then you will get a pic...

Josh, I'd say that was a mistake because my understanding is you can't start your system over which is what transferring to a new tank would be. Here's what he said in the rules:

A WORD ABOUT TANK CRASHES!

If your tank crashes (for any reason) you will not be able to restart after contest entry has closed (November 5, 2005).

Reason: If your tank crashes, you would have to set it up again which would be basically be entering a new system after contest entry has ended. The point of this contest is to keep a healthy reef the first time around, not to start and then restart over and over if you continually hose your system.

I know your tank didn't crash but I think switching to a new tank is basically the same thing because you are setting up a new system.

Fishfreak218

not really.. same filter, same LR, same coral, same fish...most of the same sand.. added some more.... its just new outer "shell"

Those rics do look super nice but he wanted too much money....I woul have given him $20 a polyp though for sure...Did he say where he got them?

Fishfreak218

proraptor: im still getting them i just have to wait for some to split.. ...

Semi: i did it b.c. its not like i have a huge chance of winning anyway... and it's easier to see on my desk.... also i think it will be easier to feed the coral... no pics b.c. some coral is ###ed off.. and the water is cloudy....

Archived