Pod Your Reef

Proraptor’s 60 Gallon Cube (24”x24”x24”)

proraptor

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Proraptor,

Beautiful tank, I especially love the Kole tang since I'm a Tang fanatic. Anways I saw the pic of the cyano bacteria in your tank.

When mine arrived in my 72 gallon tank I dismissed it for a while like one week but it just kept getting worse and worse, I was particulary mad because I had setup up a phosphate reactor and it wasn't helping.

I had to research all types of remedies and found out that I could use Red Slime Remover and it worked like a champ.

I recommend it if your tank doesn't rid it on itself. Red slime will grow even if you cut your photoperiod, as it can and will grow in the dark once it's been started.

If you read my thread you will see that I documented my success for all others to follow.

Best of luck,

Mike G

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Pheonix 14K to replace my XM 15K and what a difference! The Pheonix is 10 times brighter! My Blastos wouldnt poof up when I placed them on the sandbed with the XM bulb now I can put them anywhere I want with the Pheonix...My Corals also look better as if Im running actinics with the Pheonix bulb...Much better color.

Pics coming soon...

hey proraptor ...gallon wise do you like your tank???? do you wish it was bigger (in gallons..not dimensions) b.c. im thinking of seting up a tank thats 60"x15"x16" equals up to 62g. ...think i can get a kole or yellow tang in it????? alot of swimming room...(5ft) ...but then again not alot of width...would the width be to much of a problem????? the reason for not having a 48" tank is weight distribution....think the second floor will hold it???? thanks in advance

Josh

A 60 gallon tank will be fine on a 2nd story...You need to start worrying about 2nd story tanks when you get into 100+ gallons in my experience. I do really love my tank but there is always that little guy that says in my ear "you need a 120 gallon cube!" LOL

Im not going to upgrade anytime soon though my tank is still young and needs at least 1-2 years before I would consider an upgrade.

My Kole Tang seams to be doing really well in my 60 cube, If I didnt get him for free then I probably wouldnt have bought one just because Im only at 2ft x 2ft but I did save his 3-4 inch butt from a 24 gallon nano cube!

LOL My girlfriend would kill me if I put up a pic of her!

Hey Mike I heard something about you giving me that acan lord colony of yours for christmas...j/k

Archived