Cultivated Reef

Proraptor’s 60 Gallon Cube (24”x24”x24”)

proraptor

your tank is huge! i've been thinking of getting a cube myself, except 20x20x20 :P great rockwork!IMO, you can probably stack some more rocks in there :D that way your sps will be closer to the light, i say stack em up high till it's like 4" from the top! you got a lotta room :D more fish! man if i had a 60 i'd be swimming in tang heaven, lol

Thanks babycakes...I plan on buying some more live rock so I can build it up to the top of the tank. Im kind of out of money though lol.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a nice tank so far... I like the coraline algee. The rainbow yuma picture looks nice too (Let me know if you want to sell me some). lol

Keep up the good reefin'

where's our fishy?

I tried to get a pic of the new firfish but he wasnt cooperating...Hes camera shy I guess...Awesome fish though

Your tank is sweeeetttt

But your avaitor gives me the CReepssss--lol

Izzue

Thanks....

I love my avatar...Captail Spaulding RULES

dude your tank looks sweet to me.

Thank you I also really like it...I love all the room and being able to house more fish...

Im trying to figure out if I want another fish....Im thinking of getting a dispar anthias...

i love the lawnmower blennies! when mine was in my tank when it had black sand he was a darker color but now he's in my refugium and he's a lot lighter and more colors are showing up on him. :) they're great camouflagers and funny too!

Yeah I love my lawnmower blenny he is awesome...It gets hard to find him sometimes though he good at using camouflage...

I found these things eating my zoas...what are they?

IMG_0784.JPG

amphipods? they're basicallly big copepods, and i doubt they're eating your zoos, they only eat corals/things that are dead or dying. they're part of the tank's natural food chain

hey pro, can you change your avatar? it gives me the creeps! *eeeeeechk* :|

I swear they are eating my zoos....I caught some of them before attached to my zoas and now they wont open....

I love my avatar.... :)

Looks like me LOL.....

I already have a 4 line wrasse but these things only come out at night it seems...Weird!

cool zoas not fully opened

IMG_0787.JPG

Cool colony of zoas not fully opened

IMG_0785.JPG

It seems Im going through a minor algae bloom. Weird though cause I tested my water and everything is perfect. I do not have a phosphate test kit yet and think it might be the phosphates that are high...

Whats everyone else think? Should I buy a phosphate test kit?

Im thinking about buying a phosphate reactor if they are high....They are cheap and seem to work well....Are there any downsides to them?

You know I havent really added too much to the clean up crew. I added:

15 small nassarius snails

5 scarlet hermits

7 cerith snails

2 more turbo snails.

I know I want more nassarius for sure...Im probably going to buy like 50 of them off of ebay. Then Im going to buy some other different types of snails. Maybe some more ceriths and some astrea...I was also thinking of adding some kind of conch.

Cool shrooms I got for $10 back in the day

IMG_08091.JPG

I tested my phosphates and they are at .5, Looks like Im going to pick up a phoshphate reactor!

Cool zoas that came on some rubble rock I bought for my refugium awhile back

IMG_07961.JPG

I know I want more nassarius for sure...Im probably going to buy like 50 of them off of ebay. Then Im going to buy some other different types of snails. Maybe some more ceriths and some astrea...I was also thinking of adding some kind of conch.

50 nass, might be too many! i have 15 in my 62, and probably about 25 would be about right! Also, have you thought about margarita snails? they do well, and dont knock things around like the turbos. Also add about 15 or so bumblebees, they are small, but cool. imo...

btw, i stay away from astrea, due to having to upright them. but criths are great, you probaly want around 25 of them too!

-Mike :)

50 nass, might be too many! i have 15 in my 62, and probably about 25 would be about right! Also, have you thought about margarita snails? they do well, and dont knock things around like the turbos. Also add about 15 or so bumblebees, they are small, but cool. imo...

btw, i stay away from astrea, due to having to upright them. but criths are great, you probaly want around 25 of them too!

-Mike :)

Thanks for the reply mike Ill look into getting 25 ceriths and 15 bumblebees

Well I bought a Phosban Reactor today with a Rio 400 after I heard awesome things about them on reef central. Im going to go to Ace Hardware and buy some vinyl tubing to hook the rio to the actual unit and set it up tonight...

I hope it works

Archived