SaltCritters.com

Proraptor’s 60 Gallon Cube (24”x24”x24”)

proraptor

Yeah I have elbows to go vertical. One to the fuge and one to the sump. Both have ball valves.

I also have a ball vavle on the fuge return line to control that flow and also so I can shut the water off to the fuge completely. The fuge returns into the last chamber of the sump.

I have an external pump that sits behind the sump and under the fuge.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a gate valve on my skimmer its cool but it doesnt adjust fast enough like my ball valves do. I find myself cranking on the thing forever before its fully closed.

I leave my fuge drain fully open though cause it doesnt get that much flow...I guess I put the "t" to the refugium drain in the perfect spot...I do however shut the refugium flow off sometimes for cleaning...

Im battling cyano algae right now...

I lowered the time my lights are on

Im going to buy 2 seio 620's or maybe 820's

I suck out as much cyano as I can every night I get home.

Should I be doing anything else?

i had cyano and as soon as i aimed a powerhead at the dead spot where it was growing it never came back. by looking at your setup id definately attribute the algae bloom to lack of flow. tank is looking good though, those seios should do you good

Today I bought 2 Seio 620's! Cant wait to drop these puppys in my tank tonight...Bye Bye Cyano! Whats the best way to mount these? I know I want to cross the flow up so its turbulent...

My return pump is pumping around 950 GPH and Im adding another 1200GPH so Im looking at 2150 GPH....

I hope my softies will be ok...

Just got an awesome neon green candy cane....Its so freaking bright it hurts me eyes! I also got 2 seio 620's for more flow and it looks as if the cyano is starting to cut back...Im going to do a 10 gallon water change today and test.

IMG_0969.JPG

Look how bright the thing is compared to everything else....ITs a total eye catcher.

IMG_0972.JPG

Awesome looking tank, you should add some type of bright yellow/orange coral. Like a orange plate on hte bottom or a yellow fiji leather. That would make it look awesome.

The tanks looking great! I just picked up a 20g yesterday and am specking out the rest of the parts. It will be the first of the year before I get it going as I’m going to build a custom stand over vacation, but I’m all stoked to get back into the hobby. Hope I can get something going as nice as yours!

Keep it going!

-Michael

• 2 weeks later...

This frage of blastos from floorlord are getting huge! They were look nice

IMG_1066.JPG

I found this on my overflow and have no idea what it is...

Anyone know? I know it moves and is some kind of animal

IMG_1051.JPG

Proraptor

Plain old erythromicin tabs work good on cyano only as a last resort--FYI

Little critter looks like some kinda Sea cucumber with its tenticles out on the end feeding-- see if it ever retracts the hairy looking tenticles

Izzue

Proraptor, it looks to be a nuisance nudibranch. We had a bunch of the little buggers in our tanks and they ###ed off the SPS, but ate zooanthids. Look into it, there is no way to be sure either way, but I would hate for that thing to become a problem in your otherwise beautiful tank.

By the way, your tank has really matured. I am very impressd with how great it looks and how healthy things are. You have really done a great job on your tank. Hopefully mine will look like yours after I get it put back together.

Im really trying not to use the Plain old erythromicin tabs cause Id rather fight it the natural way. The cyano is looking a lot better now though and look as if it is slowly going away.

Whitten: Im kind of hoping that it isnt a pest nudi cause I didnt take him out...I have no idea why I didnt but he is still in there...Ill make sure to fresh water dip my zoas is they arent opening. Ill also watch my SPS...Thanks for your kind words and helpful reply.

I ordered a 14K Pheonix 250watt bulb from that illuming sponsor on here last week and still havent received it...Time to send a follow-up e-mail I guess...

Im really trying not to use the Plain old erythromicin tabs cause Id rather fight it the natural way. The cyano is looking a lot better now though and look as if it is slowly going away.

new tank syndrome. Give it time, and keep practicing good husbandry. I had some in my tank when it was new, and now it has finally all gone away. I just did my weekly water changes, and siphoned out.

good luck, Mike ;)

new tank syndrome. Give it time, and keep practicing good husbandry. I had some in my tank when it was new, and now it has finally all gone away. I just did my weekly water changes, and siphoned out.

good luck, Mike ;)

I agree with this 100% I had the very same problem to start with and now it is all gone. Give it time and things will work out.

Yeah thats what Im doing...Ive dropped my photo period down to 8 hours, I change out 10 gallons of water every Sunday so hopefully it will go away completely...

Archived