Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nano-Reef.com - Pico Contest! - General Contest Discussion

Gilman

Ya, but I'll get my ass handed to me in OPEN. I can't drop the kind of cash I saw going into the nanocube contest. I came up with a better idea for the standard tank anyway, so it will work out either way.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so when are the rules going to be out and you need to add a thermometer to the list of what the basic category can have....also...still no one has answered...can we have a canopy in the basic contest???...

I just read through this entire thread even though I saw it up days before...now it has peaked my interest. I think I want to play in the OPEN category, my hands have been itching to make/mod something new and I've ran out of ideas for my nanocube.

I will be working on the rules this weekend (phergus may be working on the outline already). Hope to have them up sometime then or early next week. I am wondering if we should start the contest on the weekend of the 15th so people have plenty of time to prepare........

yes..the 15th..is ALOT BETTER...IMO because we wont even have the rules till next week (supposidly..unless all goes as planned)..also...still no answer..can i have a canopy on my tank?? also does the size of the HOB matter???

Tell me.. does the tank need to be empty previous to the start date? I have my 2.5 that is just done cycling.. no mods.. just a 20W 50/50 in a custom canopy, and a HOB for water movement.

I dont have any critters or anything in it yet though...Can i still play??? Please????

Thanx! I am going to empty the 2.5 until the start date!... I have missed all the other contests, but i want to get in on this one finallly!

If the duration of the contest is going to be six months then waiting a week is not going to make much of a difference for those that want more time to plan, is it really? The 8th should be fine.

sorry, i meant is this a contest for 2.5g tanks only or is it a general pico tank contest? e.g. 1g tank or 1-qt tank

so far, i've only seen 2.5g mentioned but the initial post/thread just lists this as a "pico contest", not specifically a "2.5g pico tank contest". like the previous "nanocube" contest was very specific in tank specifications.

Archived