ReefCleaners.org

Nano-Reef.com - Pico Contest! - General Contest Discussion

Gilman

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a small error in the rules. In the custom catagory, you copied/pasted the Hoods and Stands section from basic, but didn't change the wording to reflect that it is about the custom catagory. So are our stands/hoods going to effect the judging in the custom catagory or not?

I'll fixit! Thanks for the heads up!

although im still annoyed by the nanocube of doom ordeal, I bought a 2.5 on impulse (which i really regret. =() so I'm game. See you in the stock contest suckas

They always say hindsight is 20/20, but damn... I really should have stocked up on some DIY 2.5g hoods to sell (and give Hogs a bit of competition ;))

It seems the contest forum is getting full quickly, is it possible to seperate custom and stock posts into their own forums?

It seems the contest forum is getting full quickly, is it possible to seperate custom and stock posts into their own forums?

That's a great idea!

just want to double check a few things.

so are we supposed to post a pic of the tank empty? and with the items gil specified? What are those items? Looks like a dvd and socks? Am i right?

Also if we use a hob filter instead of a powerhead in the stock comp can anything go in the filter? the media, live rock? or should it be left empty?

also where will official anouncements be posted such as when we are supposed to turn in pictures and stuff?

thanks

(sorry if this stuff was covered already)

just want to double check a few things.

so are we supposed to post a pic of the tank empty? and with the items gil specified? What are those items? Looks like a dvd and socks? Am i right?

Empty non-setup-yet tank with a DVD or CD and a pair of socks placed inside.

Also if we use a hob filter instead of a powerhead in the stock comp can anything go in the filter? the media, live rock? or should it be left empty?

In the rules discussion thread, Gilman stated "You may put live rock in your HOB filter in the stock category."

also where will official anouncements be posted such as when we are supposed to turn in pictures and stuff?

I haven't seen any set rules yet on pic frequency aside from the first initial DVD/CD & socks pic.

Empty non-setup-yet tank with a DVD or CD and a pair of socks placed inside.

The rules don't mention DVD's, CD or socks, just a picture.

Archived