SaltCritters.com

Zapatista's 40 gallon - formerly "Help I want a Clownfish!"

Zapatista

um, yeah...i'm dying for a frag of your 'morning star' monti. lol. let me know when that bad boy gets big enough to frag! that being said, i'm looking into purchasing a 60g truvu. $150 from some guy in the bay area. i'm thinking that i could get away with a 60g display/26g surge system or 60g display/26g sump/6 gallon surge. either way, i'll be calling you soon to talk about it. lol.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds awesome! do it!

as soon as I get the re-plumbing inserts from savko (should be tomorrow or tues) I'm going to fit them in and then go get me some sand.

It think that I will put out each rock rack one at a time and place rock back in, the pour in sand....wow, sand...am I selling out or am I buying in?

not enough room in the sump with the monster ASM in there :(

anyways, if Im going to go with sand, I might as well enjoy the asthetics of it. I never said I didnt like the look. Plus I will slow down the flow a bit and instead of having a ton of flow on the bottom I will re-direct it towards the top half of the tank.

That way I will be able to enjoy species (Clams, LPS, zoos) that I really like but wouldn't have fared well in the old design.

I got some new fittings from Savko that will enable me to adjust the direction of the closed loop so it wont be an issue with sand.

90 degree elbows for the intakes and y splits for the returns so flow is directed up instead of out and down.

so I took out the pvc racks and starboard last night, averted major disaster last night (ugly closed loop mishap), and then re-aquascaped.....tank is looking great!

Sand will go in sometime this week and there will be a change of lighting

Pics to follow in the next few days.

Thanks for the love!

hey..I think the MRC reactor is great, super consistent and keeps KH and CALC stable..

on a nother note..........

sand and new rockwork....I rearranged the closed loop to re-direct flow toward the middle/top of the tank so the sand that gets blown around is minimized.

Sorry Travis....I sold out :(

125-2520_CRW.JPG

I think it looks 20 times better with the sand. I just think 40bdr's look awesome in general. Possibly why I am setting one up as a peninsula tank currently. :)

looks fantastic, eben! i like how you hid the intakes for the cl. very suave. is your pygmy hawk sitting out on the rock on the far left or am i just wishing that he was for you?? i rarely see mine...maybe once a week, tops.

we need to go golfing, mr. golf pro...i'm addicted to golfing now and need someone to critique me. so yeah. get on that. :D

thanks guys!!

Yeah I am super stoked how it looks with sand...barebottom?? more like bareboring..LOL

I'll take you golfing Danny...just let me know whenever you want to go!! The Land Park course is right down from my house, 9 holes, quick, and super cheap ($10 bucks maybe)? I went golfing in napa on monday and played like crap so maybe I shouldn't be the one do the critquing :)

and without further adue.....

Sunlight Supply 36" T-5 pendant with 6 39watt bulbs...3 11K Aquablue and 3 Actinic Plus.

The color it produces looks really similar to my phoenix 14ks...but alas, no MH shimmer...oh well, I am super happy with the system over all.

Thanks for the inspiration Pili !!!!!!

125-2524_CRW.JPG

The light looks great!

Just one thing i forgot to mention, if it looks like any salt creep or salt spray is making its way onto the reflectors, just make sure to clean it before it builds up. It can be hard to get off the reflectors and out of all the nooks and crannys in the hood.

:)

hey, i just saw i missed your call earlier. i'm lame and was out at haggin oaks golf course. almost got into a fight with some older guys cuz they decided to be jerks and hit into my buddy and i. bastards. anyway, i'll be outta town saturday and sunday (i think)...but i might have time to stop by tomorrow. i'll give you a ring if i can or not. i'm definitely excited about seeing the goodness in person! :D

Archived