Pod Your Reef

Zapatista's 40 gallon - formerly "Help I want a Clownfish!"

Zapatista

plumbing primed and PVC'd..the return pipe and closed loop are deattached via threaded unions. I will test run the plumbing in the next few days.

123-2352_IMG.JPG

command center!!!

this should make turing off individual compontents for cleaning/repair etc fairly easy. It will also assist in water changes as I will be able to turn off everything in the sump and drain all the water, then replace it fairly quickly.

123-2358_IMG.JPG

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow...the room looks so bare! sorry i didn't call you back after you called me on saturday night-- we were camping and i was plenty drunk. :) didn't think that you'd appreciate a drunk dial. lol. anyway, the plumbing looks great! i hope that you didn't get too high off the pvc glue fumes!

let me know when you're going to be putting some water in this bad boy! thanks again for the shrimp, snails and other miscellaneous goodies(pvc, YES!). i'm waiting for the xenia to attach to some rocks before i put it into rachael's tank. the shrimp is already buddy buddy with my yellow watchman...so that's pretty neat-o.

talk to you later, man.

the tank is lookin good man. thast the thing i hate about cooking the rock, it takes so long! im too anxious all the time to set up my tanks but now that al my rock has funky forms of algae coming out i wish i took the time to do it too

sinistard- the flew PVC is great...it doesn't want to bend specific ways but I'm using less 45s and 90s and therefore will my flow wont be as restricted.

yosh- leak test party coming soon...

SLO- I'm anxious too but going BB I want to make sure I get it right. I rather wait an extra month that deal with detritus and poor water conditions, thus jepordizing the health of my corals.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments...I'm 95% finished PVCing..I'm waiting for 5 more feet of PVC flex from Savko, then I'll be done.....

I will update as soon as I do a leak test...keep your fingers crossed!

you me and yosh will have to do some group buys on corals sometime, save on shipping and stuff...maybe get tigah to track donw some prime sps or something. hey man are you going to the frag swap on the 22?

Id love to go but I have to attend a release party in Sonoma for one of the wineries that my company represents on the 22nd....

But for sure we will have to get some SPS buy together...my plan is to stock my new tank by trading wine for SPS frags....good stuff too :)

This tank is gonna be all about the prime SPS!

you me and yosh will have to do some group buys on corals sometime, save on shipping and stuff...maybe get tigah to track donw some prime sps or something. hey man are you going to the frag swap on the 22?

aquascaping my backyard...haha

123-2370_IMG1.JPG

I just wanted to see how my PVC racks would work out for the bare bottom on top of starboard.

Hopefully I will get SPS to encrust of the pipes and coraline will grow on it so it blends into the tank.

... you are the biggest geek ever.

did you make an outline of the tank on the ground like i had suggested? :)

btw, did you tell people about all the tyree le sunset monti you let die?? freaking nutcase, eben!

anyway, i'm not gonna be around this weekend (mid terms are coming up) but if you need help or are having the leak test, lmk. i can easily find time to do something productive like look for leaks! ;)

shhhhhhhhhh. Do you want to get us both killed?

the frag will grow again...and faster this time!

I emailed Rich and he said all the frags were happy and had great polyp extension. I'm sure after moving from my taking to his frag system with that damn lumenarc they are having a polyp party!

oh yeah..I did make a rough outline...All the rock is going to go on the PVC rack so there will be little that actually has contact with the starboard...it sould really keep crap off the botom.

Man, I was planning to go up to the bay this weekend. But doesn't look like it's gonna happen now.

Your thread title still throws me off, dude. I never think to look in here. =P

OK now I am offically crying. what was wrong with my thread title?

Anyways-thanks Izzue...I'm hoping that its going to be badass too!

Leak test should ensue sometime this weekend...

Well, I did a leak test and ran the pumps with tap water outside...no leaks, but the Water makes a loud (wierd) sound as it shoots throught the Oceans Motions coming out of the Pan World.

It can be muffled though...

Otherwise everything worked fine!

Time to hang the lights and get some RODI water going, then add some salt!

123-2372_IMG.JPG

Is that a screen projector thingy to the left of your stand? you gonna project the reef inhabitants onto your wall or somethin? very cool!

No one can accuse me of not having enough flow....here is the closed loop w/ Om SuperSquirt shooting water out the top returns...1280GPH! yeehaww...it sounds like a jet engine starting up in my guestroom...so much for people being able to sleep in there..HAHA

123-2374_IMG.JPG

ITS ALIVE!!!!!

123-2376_IMG.JPG

HEY I KNOW ITS NOT FULL....It takes a long time to make 55 gallons of RODI Water..

HEY I KNOW ITS NOT FULL....It takes a long time to make 55 gallons of RODI Water..

lol. i need to get an RODI system :D anyhoo beaaaaaaaaaaautiful tank!

did you drill it yourself? is it custom?

anyhoo it's gorgeous! and it looks like you've planned for everything! very pro :D wish i had the moolah to make a setup like that. keep up with the awesome work! and i can't wait to see this thing stocked :D

Thanks Babycakes -

yeah an RODI is an awsome thing! Never trust the RODI water from your LFS (you never know when they last changed the filters)

I did drill it with the help of Yoshiod 9! He is a good partner in crime. The tank is a standard 40 breeder with a custom external overflow built on to the back with 2 1" durso overflows in it.

It will be a BB SPS only system with PVC Rock racks. Anyways, great job on your new shallow display, The RBTA you just got is AWSOME! I'd love one for my new tank but I'm afraid the Closed Loop would shred it up fairly quick.

yoshi is a good helper, i helped him and wimpy build some ghetto fabulous hoods for their tanks and yosh was good at holding my beer ha ha. well he did a pretty good job of holding hte hood down to put it together also...eeither way hes a good guy. your tank is lookin awesome, ill have to come check it out sometime. once you start stocking we can go over to low-tides place and check out some stuff

SLO - Sounds like a good plan!

It will be another month before the rock cooks and re-cycles :( But I figure that I should do it right the first time and get all the damn hitchiker off the rock that could ### me off down the road (ie protozoans and zoos)

Archived