Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zapatista's 40 gallon - formerly "Help I want a Clownfish!"

Zapatista

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SLO - lol...I will save you a frag of the pink mille for sure! Congrats on the sump and euroreef..it should really help your system get dialed!

new fish: Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish...he is the POOP!

here he is waiting to taste freedom -

124-2471_IMG.JPG

A FTS and a couple frag closeups:

124-2474_IMG.JPG

124-2472_IMG.JPG

Let me know if that Geo eats any of your corals man. They have that habit, don't they?

Really cool fish though. if they don't nip corals though, I may get one down the road

Hey Zap, looks awsome. It's realy going to look good in 1-2 years from now when fully stocked with the best SPS :lol:

Put me next in line for that Pink Mille!

if anything, the geometric hawkfish will attack inverts, but shouldnt eat SPS..they do sometimes perch on SPS but that shouldnt be too big an issue..

Thanks trav. in 1-2 yrs hopefully this tank will be looking really nice..only time will tell...I've got you earmarked for a frag of the pink mille down the road :)

sweet geo hawk, eben! i'd come check it out but on my way to vacaville yesterday afternoon my tranny decided to explode. so i'm pretty much stuck here till sunday or so. fun, huh?

anyway, that means i haven't gotten to buy the stand for the tank and the surge...lame. now i have to wait till after hawaii to get my car fixed AND get my tank set up the way i want it to be. pshhh...i hate my life sometimes.

haha- Eric knows how to rhyme...danny is a tranny j/k

In all seriousness - bummer! That is the last freakin thing you want to happen before you go on vacation. Let me know if you need to borrow my 4runner to pick up the stand and canopy..Id be more than happy to offer you the complimentary West Coast Wines shuttle service.

On another note- geohawk is curled up sideways in the corner and is very unresponsive...I dont get it? It was acclimated for 1hr with a slow drip and lights were off...its just a friggin wierd fish..cool to look at but I dont know how it is going to do.

Eric - heard you were picking up frags from Tim @ aqualife today. I am picking up some of the horrida and some baby blue stag tomorrow :) how does the horrida look? also, arron from aqualife called me a said they got in a whipfin wrasse and some really nice dottybacks..did you get a chance to see them when you were there? anything worth picking up?

i got the horrida today, it looks pretty cool under headlights ha ha. my tank lights are off and it is acclimating so ill let ya know...well you knwo afeter you already have it probably. i didnt see anythign at the shop i was amazed by. i havent been too impressed with anyones fish selection lately. kinda bummed, all my fish from out here have been kickin the bucket. in all seriousness i had never ever lost a sw fish untill i moved out here

i bet those headlights really make the colors pop...sucks about the bad fish luck..

So far in this new tank I have had 1 red headed goby who now lives in the overflow and 1 pygmy hawkfish who isnt doing so well...Id say my batting average isnt so hot either..

Happy New Year...I'm posting some new additions then I'm off to go have fun tonight!

New Fish inspired by Yoshiod 9- Flame on you f*%#ing flamers!!

124-2475_IMG.JPG

steve elias baby blue stag

124-2477_IMG.JPG

A. Horrida

124-2478_IMG.JPG

Orange/Hot pink Monti Cap.

124-2480_IMG.JPG

Updated FTS

124-2484_IMG.JPG

you mean he is going to get bigger? j/k

it is definitely a great fish with a ton of personality and adds a ton of presence to the tank..

we will see, with a 36" long tank he seems happy and eating like a beast already...I figure if he out grows the tank I will give him one of my friends who have 200-300 gallon reefs.

You can keep him in that tank as long as he is happy, but when you notice the slightest decline in health/happiness, it's to the 300g reef.

ok..here is an attempt to post a higher resolution image of the right side of the tank...the image is 824mb which is considerable large considering the limited amount of storage each N.R account lets use host.

When I normally post pictures, they are compressed out of my Cannon image manager, while I sent this directly through and resized the image using photoshop, but left the image intact (meaning I didn't "photoshop it or whatever) it is just resized but true it is origional dimension..

I'm curious how some people get such nice and sharp images posted but see to have a ton of them in their user galleries?? How large mb wise are the images? If they are compressed, how do the pictures still look so good?

Any ideas or suggestion would be great. Oh yeah...here is the enormous file:

124-2486_IMG_copy.jpg

with 88X turnover, a majority of it being directed toward the bottom, I have a feeling that sand would make the tank look really, really bad.

any ideas of posting sharp images without making it a huge file?

this is a crw format picture, but it is still 480MB which is way too big...in fact I am out of storage on my account...

what do I do now? oh yeah...enjoy the picture...I sure do like it!

124-2489_CRW.jpg

thanks eric...that might be a good idea..

BTW, Im treating for redbugs tomorrow with interceptor :(...about 130 mg of a 1 gram pill. Its like 1/8 of a pill or I gotta find a scale that can weigh small amounts such as mg's.

I know where the red bugs came from too and it makes me less than happy.

Archived