Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zapatista's 40 gallon - formerly "Help I want a Clownfish!"

Zapatista

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no color in the water...tank looks perfectly normal at hour 3..(6 hour treatment)

Interceptor kills red bugs that attack SPS. As a side effect it unfortunately kills hermit crabs, and shrimp..here you go Malawi

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45859

Sad to report that at hour 3 most hermit crabs have died and cleaner shrimp is on his way out....I wish the bugger made it easier for me to catch him..

snails seem fine...

it is really creepy how I just dumped dog medicine into my tank and everything is 100% fine except hermit crabs, shrimp and red bugs...wierd.

the polyp extension of my tyree stag that has been almost nil for the past 3 weeks is already bouncing back...within 4 hrs I can see them coming out...CRAZY

treatment finished! No red bugs..I did a 25% water change which always sucks and added a boatload of carbon as prescribed....

Hopefully I got all those SOB's and life can continue as usual....

I will keep everyone (me,myself, and I) updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Travis! That is the plan....the only downside is that there is so much water flow, things have been growing horizontally as opposed to vertically so they are spreading...otherwise I have at least 30+ SPS species in the tank at this point with room for at least 30 more...the diversity is great and growth has really taken off at the 2 month mark.

yes tiger ace, it is a lot of plumbing but well worth the end result.

new pics on page 7 from about 1 week ago..the yellow tang is great but he eats like a pig and is growing fast...

Im thinking about giving him to a friend with a 225 in the next few weeks....they just grow so darn fast....does anyone know of a pygmy tang species??j/k

tank is looking great, eben! the whole colony of the pink w/blue tip mille decided to go out with a bang last night/this morning. i get home this afternoon and smell the awful dead coral smell...i look at the tank and see a huge white skeleton where the mille normally would be all pink and lovely. so yeah. hopefully the frags i gave you live and do well enough for me to steal a frag back from ya! lol. oh yeah, that monti is freaking hot! where did you pick that guy up from?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Your tank looks so clean with the bare bottom, I'm dying to know if your nitrates are zero .......

????

MG

nitrates - 0

phosphates - 0

corals - moderately healthy...I'm not sure if they are getting enough to eat...everything is pale or bleached and I'm not super happy with the way things have been progressing.

I have a huge skimmer and lots of flow, in the next few weeks phosphoban reactor is gone, seio are gone and flow will drop to 40x, and racks are gone in favor of sand.

my 29 reef had great growth and color with detectible (however low) phosphates and maybe 5 PPM Nitrates. I have come to the conclusion that sand fills some kind of biological role (aside from denitrification) that is missing in this bare bottom system.

I will post when sand is in and things are re-aquascaped and settled.

Eben

Archived