Pod Your Reef

lgreen's 58g SPS Reef Project

lgreen

Starting to get very ####ed off! I got this email last wednesday w/ regards to my euro-reef skimmer, which i have not received yet, and it has been 4 weeks since i paid for it.

"I got a hold of our supplier and they said the skimmer will be shipped on

Wed. As soon as they send me the tracking number I will foreward it on to

you."

Still have not received an email or tracking number from them. Also sent them an email this morning, and haven't heard from them yet.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... That really sucks, man. I hate it when vendors don't follow through like they should. :| Hopefully you will get the skimmer (despite the delays and hassles). :(

Tank setup has been moved to friday.

got my first 30 lbs of fiji premium live rock though today. I don't have my tank up yet, so this is just sitting in a rubbermaid trash can w/ powerhead, heater, and 15w fluoro 50/50 hood for a few days until i get the tank up.

i have another 45 lb box on the way that will be here next tuesday.

(ps..this is the rock from the store where i work. not bad for 4.50 per pound retail, and even cheaper w/ my employee discount! :) )

check out the awesome neon green coraline, and some pretty good purple coraline too.

the big colorful rock on top there is about 8" x 5". I am mainly just getting larger show pieces.

7402fijiliverock1.JPG

muwh ha ha

tommorow. it begins.

decided to pick up a 45# box of premium kaileni tonga.

the show begins tommorow night kids.

heres the tank being prepared for painting:

740258g_before-med.JPG

Here's My New 58g Tank:

haven't put the glass door on yet. the 29g sump is there on the left.

7402new_tank.JPG

sorry, pic isn't that great. i'll get a better one tonight when its dark outside.

maybe i'll have the new lights on by then too.

DRZL-sauras

I didnt see any drilled holes so i thought it was still to be done. Buut I guess too late, looks like you'll have 1/5 of your tank a plastic tower. GL

Originally posted by lgreen

me too.  i hope i don't disapoint myself.

haha. sounds like a lot of pressure. look forward to seeing your masterpiece.

BigNanoReef

heres an idea...run your overflow down to your sump and use your pump to connect the water in the sump to a wavemaker instead of using any powerheads at all. u wont even need bulkheads even though megaflow returns throught the overflow box. just use the intake of a megaflow system and cork the return and run the return line to the wavemaker like i said. a wave maker that u could use would be the scwd. i think that it puts out like 800 gph. anyways in redoing my whole filtration system on my 20 gal and im going to buy a hang on skim box and run that into a 29 gal tank as a sump with a deep sand bed and calurpa or something...probably not calurpa though...im going to have the return run to a scwd wavemaker and take my seio out of my tank...i just think that wavemakers put out a way more balanced and indirect flow of water.

Dennis

bignanoreef

thanks for the suggestion. you should check out the rest of my thread though. This tank has been planned out for over two months. all that stuff is well taken care of already. thanks though.

actually i am using both the holes in the megaflow for drains. then the return pump may have a sqwd or something attached to the returns.

SCWD doesn't put out a set amount of flow (it simply redirects the flow to one side or the other). the return pump you use (minus headloss and some loss of flow due to SCDW) will dictate the gph output.

sorry for the hijack, lgreen.

so when's the first FTS? don't let us down.

something about a dangling 75w spot light hanging above the refugium made me think maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

So I ordered this light for my refugium:

12" Current USA satallite 1x18w 50/50 w/ lunar light.

I have no freaking idea what i will do with a lunar light in the refugium, hopefully it won't set the mood for some soft core algae breeding action, but whatever.

CU01001.jpg

Haha. I have that light for my CPR on the back of my 20L. It works great. I want to replace the bulb w/ a plant growth bulb so the chaeto will grow even better, but that can be done when this one wears out... The light is just a small white LED... Not too impressive for a "lunar light" system. :P

i am kind of disapointed with the seio 1100's. they are kind of noisey. I mounted them tunze style with some smaller less ugly suction cups, and both are making more noise than i expected.

got all the rock today. I accidently ordered non-cured instead of cured though, so it's a little stinky. Freaking awesome colors, shapes, and sizes. i found two 1" crabs at the bottom of the box, dead, 2 small 1 cm crabs live, and a 5 inch green serpent star dead. one of the rocks was completely covered in porites (not sure if dead or alive yet, probably dead, but bright blue) And another rock had a 4 inch acropora skeleton attached too it.

I highly reccomend the kailene tonga, it has colors of coraline that i have never seen before!

my euro reef skimmer came in today too. that is one sexy skimmer.

everything is really cloudy right now, so i'm not even going to bother with pics until like friday or saturday.

uncured rock sucks

it smells like crap, now my whole house smells like crap

made the water all nasty and skummy too.

i wonder how long the crap smell will last.

Run that skimmer!

I also reccomend you take a thick trash bag and put it over the tank. It'll keep down evap and contain some of the smell.

Archived